Author Topic: [FA] C2M9 Cobra  (Read 22799 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Post up the mission and I'll take a look at it for you Cobra.

As for taking pic I simply press PrintScreen and then open up a graphic program (I use Irfanview but anything would work) and paste it in. Then I crop to only include the bits I'm interested in. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
that's the problem tho. it's not saved in the FS2 folder. heck, i don't even think the pic gets taken.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 03:09:32 pm by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Are you talking about taking pictures in FS2 or in FRED? Cause in FRED you have to actually cut and paste. When you press Printscreen a screenshot is taken but is simply placed in the windows clipboard. You need to actually paste into something before you can save it.

In FS2 the game itself should save the picture to your FS2 folder.

Anyway post the mission itself it's much easier to troubleshoot that than a picture :D

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
pff... i hate it when people do this to me :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Heed his advice, he is wise.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
yes.

[EDIT] here ya go, kara.

i took out the key-reset by accident, and now i forgot where to put it :nervous:

the Malice's beam problem is fixed, and now i'm wondering why 3 out of the 4 freighters aren't sending their complaint messages.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 03:41:10 pm by 2299 »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Is the alpha1 may jump a repeating event? If not when you move more than 500m from the waypoint you would be prevented from jumping out but would still be able to red alert if the delay hadn't passed and the event was still regarded as true.

*This is why it's easier to check the mission itself rather than a picture*

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
ah. lemme upload it to geocities.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
As I thought the problem is that neither event repeats. Both Alpha 1 May Jump and Alpha 1 Can't Jump Again need a very high repeat count (Over a thousand, you might as well pump it up as high as it will go).

Also Alpha 1 Can't Jump Again should use Never-Warp rather than break-warp  (That's actually a bug in the FAQ I hadn't noticed until now! :) )

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
thanks a lot kara :D

so what do i do to change it? (besides the repeat count)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Doing that should solve the jump out bug. If that's the only change you had left to make to the mission I'll play test it and tell you what else needs changing.

EDIT : Being a modetator gives you a work around for that timewarp problem. Delete and post again later :D

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I would say increase the distance within which you can jump. 500 is too few, I used 800 for the same goal in both of my campaigns and sometimes even this number seemed few.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by karajorma
modetator

.... :lol: what, you don't know how to spell?

as for the distance thing mentioned by TopAce, would 1000 be enough? or should i put 1500?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
*Opens Sparky_fs2.vp in modelview*

A jump node is 1327m wide at it's largest axis according to modelview so 700 should actually be fine as long as the waypoint right in the middle of the node. You may wish to experiment a little when playtesting.

As for the spelling mistake

1) How come you caught that one and miss the hundreds I make elsewhere?
2) Typing a t instead of an r is hardly much of a typo considering that they are next to each other on the keyboard :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by karajorma
*Opens Sparky_fs2.vp in modelview*

A jump node is 1327m wide at it's largest axis according to modelview so 700 should actually be fine as long as the waypoint right in the middle of the node. You may wish to experiment a little when playtesting.

I got the waypoint as close to the center as i could.

As for the spelling mistake

1) How come you caught that one and miss the hundreds I make elsewhere?
2) Typing a t instead of an r is hardly much of a typo considering that they are next to each other on the keyboard :)

meh, i have no frikkin idea... i saw "modetator" and started thinking of something else. ever heard of Ron (or was it Rod?) White. Slogan: "They call me tater salad." and don't ask about that, kara.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
1500 is too much. 1000 sounds fair.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I just finished playtesting this and here are a few things I found.

1.) Are Kaysers supposed to be in the weapons selection?

2.) I noticed something really wierd with the Lambda transports and that Triton. Lambda 2 collides at the end of the mission with the freighter, but the strange thing is that lambda 1 was, for some reason, inside of that triton.

3.) I notice that none of the bombers actually shoot bombs at the corvette. The closest thing they use is a cluster bomb, but never any torpedoes. And yes, they are well within range to do that.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
yes. :rolleyes: this is after they developed the kayser weaponry.

heh, i couldn't fix the lambda bug.

i didn't notice that.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
1) Will be taken care of by the campaigns file's team loadout. I always tend to leave a heavy weapon enabled in the mission file (during testing at least) so that I can kill the enemy fast and move on to testing the rest of the mission) :D
 That said the campaign take place near the time Capella is destroyed so the Kayser was being distributed at the time.

2) Sounds like a single waypoint is being used for all three ships. You can do that but you need to stop them when they get close to it or just use seperate waypoints.