GTA
30 (61.2%)
PVN
3 (6.1%)
Snuffleupagus
16 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: February 05, 2005, 09:44:20 am

Author Topic: GTA vs. PVN  (Read 7055 times)

Offline Falcon

Originally posted by Solatar

Sesame Street 0wnzers j00...

Because Snuffleupagus nose has a BFRed mounted on it? :drevil:

No wonder why the Sathani left Capella! :nervous:

Offline DIO

Originally posted by ngtm1r

That's not clear. We don't actually know Vasudan losses. We do know that Operation Thresher was not a total failure: it achieved at least half of its objectives by seperating the Vasudan fleet in Antares from sources of supply, though it failed to take the Vasuda-Antares node.

The Avenger existed in functional form before the Shivan arrival. You also seem to think Lieutenant McCarthy was somehow typical. He wasn't. He acted because of the Shivans, remember? There is no evidence whatsoever that the Vasudans would have gotten ahold of the Avenger without McCarthy. Nor is there any evidence they could have gotten ahold of the shield prototype so rapidly. In fact, the only mention of pre-existing spies not created due to the Shivan threat is of Vasudans under Terran control.

But more to the point, those three months would be devastating to the Vasudans. Witness what the Shivans were able to accomplish in far less time with shielded craft. They laid waste to all who opposed even before the Lucifer came on the scene.

The only craft developed jointly with the Vasudans was the Ulysses. And you can't count the Thoth, because the Thoth was the Vasudan side of the Ulysses project.

Now tell me again that they're going to do well against Hercs, Medusas, possibly even the Ursa. Given the timeframe involved, these craft all had to have been in the final stages of development before the Shivans arrived. Ditto the various cannons. The Interceptor missile wouldn't exist, as it combined a Terran warhead and Vasudan engine, but the Tsunami, Phoenix V, and Hornet would in all likelyhood.

Wasn't hornet based on Vasudan Fang missile?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
That's not canon. At least, not that I know of.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
It's not canon.  There's a lot to come out of projects like the TVWP that has become somewhat integrated into the cononical lore, but there's no mention of the Hornet's origins in either game.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
I think Spiderman would win.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Originally posted by Raa
This is why guns should be banned in Croatia...

Who needs guns?:D

*chops Raa with a greatsword*
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!