Author Topic: WHERE CAN I BUY THIS GAME?  (Read 4530 times)

Offline Kegel

WHERE CAN I BUY THIS GAME?
I have an old copy that Im currently playing but disk 2 is corrupt.  I remember reading that the game was going to be re-released but havent been able to find it available anywhere.  Any ideas?  I would love to purchase the game for my collection again.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Well, you could waste 43 bucks and buy from Interplay.

Or you could ask somebody for the disk two ISO. I know somebody around here has it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
:welcome: Kegel
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
You can get it semi legally sine the EULA lets you burn copies for your friends as long as you gain no profit from the ordeal.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org

Offline Kie99

:welcome:

Exits are to your right and left, and flamethrowers are under your seat. Be careful, though, as they are sometimes filled with water, so bring your own Napalm or try to club someone with the non-working shotguns in the weapon closet. Also, be careful while wandering the ventilation shafts. If you see a large, five-limbed creature that looks really pissed, it’s probably Carl, give him your lunch and he'll hopefully go away. In the event of an emergency, the n00bs will be the last to get into the escape pods, if there’s any room left. The Plasma rifles in the forward locker are released only under authorization of an Admin, [V] God, or hyperintelligent shade of the color blue. Oh, and whatever you do, don't mention the word Freespace followed by the number 3.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Fergus

And don't ask why either...the others (gestures with head at the venerable ones) don't like it much.

On a more serious note, you can but FS1 & 2 together at Amazon, hhere
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Flaser
You can get it semi legally sine the EULA lets you burn copies for your friends as long as you gain no profit from the ordeal.

Not according to the back of the manual, though ("you may not copy the software except that you may make a single copy for backup purposes only.  You may not load, sell, rent, lease, give, sub-license or otherwise transfer the software (or any copy) unless expressly permitted to do so")

Of course, that same statment implies that making mods (derivative works, i.e. using Volition textures for example) is also forbidden.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
My copy didn't come with a manual, so I never even saw anything like that.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 10:47:58 am by 570 »
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Originally posted by StratComm
My copy didn't come with a manual, so I never even saw anything like that.

Maybe it's a .pdf file on your disk. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 10:47:05 am by 2136 »
My Sytem

Wer das liest ist doof!

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
AH!! Time warp!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
No, no PDF file on any of the disks.  Nor was there anything manual-like about the packaging.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Read the file EULA.txt - that's the real legal mumbo jumbo that matters. It also appears during installation, so its the real thing you have to accept before using the game.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Or you could just get the HOTU version and tear the necessary files out of it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
AFAIK When the source code was released, you could share the game with friends and acquaintences. Since this guy already owns the game, I can't see Interplay or [V] being the least bit concerned. Interplay, at least, have far bigger things to worry about at the moment ;)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Why is is always disk 2 that's corrupt? Out of all the requests we get for one disk about 90% are for Disk 2. Disk 3 gets used almost as much by the game so why is it? :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Originally posted by Flipside
AFAIK When the source code was released, you could share the game with friends and acquaintences. Since this guy already owns the game, I can't see Interplay or [V] being the least bit concerned. Interplay, at least, have far bigger things to worry about at the moment ;)

What is the current status of interplay BTW? Anyone know? Are they 6 feet under yet?

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
Yes, I think so.

And Kegel...

Welcome to HLP!

Exits are to your right and left, and flamethrowers are under your seat. Be careful, though, as they are sometimes filled with water. If this is the case, try to club someone with the non-working shotguns in the weapon closet. Also, be careful while wandering the ventilation shafts, because sometimes Carl the Shivan lurks in there. If you happen to come across him, just toss him your lunch and hope that it satisfies him. If it doesn’t… pray. In the event of an emergency, you can and will be used as a flotation device.  The Plasma rifles in the forward locker are released only under authorization of an Admin, [V] God, and/or hyperintelligent shade of the color blue. Oh, and whatever you do, don't hit on Tiara, no matter how good of an idea it might seem.

Try to see if you can still get it off HOTU... that might work.
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Welcome to HLP, Kegel. Download Freespace Open. :)

:welcome:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Originally posted by karajorma
Why is is always disk 2 that's corrupt? Out of all the requests we get for one disk about 90% are for Disk 2. Disk 3 gets used almost as much by the game so why is it? :)

Actually, Disk 3 doesn't necessarily get used as much.  I'm not entirely positive, but I think the main campaign does use both disks about equally, when you have to use them to even start the next mission.  However, after you're done with the main campaign, you can use just one disk to start it up.  I know I usually used just Disk 2.