Author Topic: Mystery Picture #09  (Read 9194 times)

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
well there deffinatly running away
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Are they?

Looks like they got knocked by the shockwave... :nervous:
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
"rear view"
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Boom.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Nebiros

Looks awesome!!

Reminds me of an FS1 scene when I was too close to a kamikaze Aten-class cruiser!

Offline Anaz

ASPLODEY!!
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
If that line crossing the screen diagnolly is indeed a beam cannon, then the transport was most likely destroyed by another hostile that is firing those beams. I'm dying to know what that far away ship is, though. The stupid exposion is in the way. Care to post another pic without the explosion so we could actually see something? Or is that the whole point of a mystery pic....
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
the point is.....to make you wonder.....right now you get wonder about alot of things.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Definitely Basilisk fighters. That other thing is either a Boanerges or a piece of debris.

I wonder why we cannot see any textures on the ships. The sun of that system had gone supernove a long time ago and the Shivans don't bother equiping their fighters with flashlights. ;)
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Which one´s supposed to be a Boanerges ? The non-boanerges on the left or that piece of debris on the right? ;7

Also I´m not too sure about the Basilisks...

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
On the left.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Then it´s a NO for the boanerges. Check the textures, for example.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Looks  like an old destroyer model called something like the 'Warhammer';

If it is, then that's a very big explosion.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Those beams are impressive. Makes me remember lightsaber blades. Which is certainly because I am a Star Wars addict

Originally posted by Slanker_MT
Then it´s a NO for the boanerges. Check the textures, for example.

I haven't said it for a moment that it WAS a Boanerges.

heh, alright then :D

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Umm. No. Not Basilisk, and no, not boanerges, either. :D
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Perhaps they are a heavy Terran class of fighter infuenced by a Basilisk? I can tell this because what very little I can see of the textures are bluish white, which makes them Terran, but we need another screenie to confirm...

The Boanerges shaped projectile is most likely debris, but on the other hand, why would a blasted off chunck of a ship be so symetrical? Maybe it is a new class of support ship that was docking with the fighters, but they got seperated at the time of the blast...

Waaah! We need more screenies!

Btw; do Vasudans play a major role in this campaign? Do we get to serve aboard a Vasudan vessel? Do Vasudans retain their treaty (GTVA) with the Terrans? Or, without a common enemy in the Shivans, do they go to war again like back in the old days?
:headz:
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Raa
Umm. No. Not Basilisk, and no, not boanerges, either. :D

Oh. Too bad.

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
noooo, not too bad....better. :lol:
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
see of the textures are bluish white, which makes them Terran, but we need another screenie to confirm...

Actually it's textures are pink  with some greenish in there. and now that everyone wanted we did add some fur there 'You gonna love it* heh
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi