Author Topic: Contribution (Plse Don't Flame Me)  (Read 5411 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Contribution (Plse Don't Flame Me)
Yes, I'm still FREDing. And no, I'm not doing this to try to join FSPort. I just had some free time. For all you lazy people out there (no offense ;)) I made a music.tbl file that has only the FS1 music in it, and it works. (I'm using tom's build, would that have anything to do with it?) Anyway, I put it in a .rar file to make it smaller, and it's 40 Megs. Too big for Geocities. Can someone direct me to an upload site?

I'm lucky I had FS1 Installed. I had a reference table from FS1 :D

This is for all you people who can't use FSO for some reason (CTD, freezing, etc)

Just need an upload site. Krackers won't let me upload anything bigger than 1MB, so HC is out.

[EDIT] I forgot to mention, while I was screwing with the tables, i noticed that one .wav file was missing: mx_NRML1.wav
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 02:52:28 pm by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Er, nevermind about the submission. I saw a submit file link on FilePlanet and it's been uploaded. Now I wait until the link is active.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The music file is 40 MB? :wtf:

Table files are only a few hundred K.  All you have to do is post the table file, all by itself, and tell people to download warble_fs1.  You don't need to include the WAV files, because warble_fs1 will work with any table file.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Oh. OK. Lol, I'M STUPID!!!! what a simple answer.

If you like my contribution, try it out and give me feedback. Some of the wav's maybe be in the wrong place (bear with me, i couldn't replace the actual names, you know). Just tell me and I'll be happy to edit.

Clicky

Another thing I forgot to mention was that there are only 2 actual Fs1 music title left. Monolith and Darkside. I'm surprised it works, there's 2 more than the original.

[EDIT] I'm also wondering why the hell it's 40MB. *checks* Pfff. It's the VP that's making it so big... although i'm still wondering why it's 40MB in the first place...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 03:31:33 pm by 2299 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Cobra
Another thing I forgot to mention was that there are only 2 actual Fs1 music title left. Monolith and Darkside. I'm surprised it works, there's 2 more than the original.
What are you babbling about?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Monolith and Darkside are the only original FS1 music things left. The rest are FS1 .wav's with FS2 music names.

JUST PLEASE TRY IT OUT!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Oh, you kept the names of the FS2 music tracks but changed the music to be FS1?

I suppose that works.  I'll wait for other people to post.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I've always tried to avoid the whole music issue, what with the breaking of retail and the huge file size and inner workings of the music.tbl escaping me. Good job if you've gotten it to work, though.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i surprised myself, actually. this doesn't have any of the FS2 music with the exception of the Psamptick mainhall music. Great for ST:R IMO ;)

i want some feedback, and if anything is out of place, (wrong wav's in the wrong place, etc) just tell me. NOW GO TEST plse.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Galemp
I've always tried to avoid the whole music issue, what with the breaking of retail and the huge file size and inner workings of the music.tbl escaping me. Good job if you've gotten it to work, though.
Except that without the source code modifications, you can only have one ambient track at most.  The SCP changes restore it to the original three-track configuration.

But this is ideal for someone in Cobra's situation, who needs to use it with retail and doesn't mind the lack of two ambient tracks.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:confused: absence of two ambient tracks? :confused:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Look again at the WAV files.  FS1 has NRML1, NRML2, and usually NRML3 for each soundtrack, while FS2 has only AMB1.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
ah, i see. i'm gonna see how it works in mission like To destroy and not to destroy. D'OH! there's 3 original FS1 songs: Strike, Monolith, and Darkside. I'm glad Monolith and Exodus are there. Two of my personal favs :D

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:wtf: I completed a mission with success yet I got failure music.

Originally posted by Goober5000
Oh, you kept the names of the FS2 music tracks but changed the music to be FS1?

I suppose that works.  I'll wait for other people to post.

lol, i just noticed this. the reason i kept the FS2 names was due to the fact that if you rename the FS2 music, it won't work. FS2 won't recognize whatever you renamed. I once renamed a ship and i got a ulysess instead of the ship i was originally supposed to get.

And BTW, could you plse put this up on teh site?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 10:16:05 pm by 2299 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:wtf: I completed a mission with success yet I got failure music.
That happens with retail.  It's a bug that was fixed in the SCP.
And BTW, could you plse put this up on teh site?
Let's wait a bit first.  See what everyone else thinks.  Nobody's posted in this thread except me and you (and 1 post by Galemp).

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
hah... well, i replaced the "Average" Debriefing Music with the original FS2, so that should fix it. Probably wouldn't fix it though, right?

and who wouldn't post on this thread? it's like midnight where they live. i also posted it at GW, since some guys there don't come here.

wow... i make a mod and people don't flame me for once...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 10:28:32 pm by 2299 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
hah... well, i replaced the "Average" Debriefing Music with the original FS2, so that should fix it. Probobably wouldn't fix it though, right?
No, that's not going to fix it.
wow... i make a mod and people don't flame me for once...
I might start flaming you if you don't shut up... :p

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:ha: :D

well, at least we'll be able to tell how we did. Excellent (Success), Average, or Poorly (Failed). ;)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 10:31:00 pm by 2299 »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
also, for a while i've been working on converting the FS1 screens to FS2 to make FSPort as FS1-ish as possible, but i've been making really slow progress. but now i've figured out how to make it work out...

[EDIT] Nevermind... it's NOT working out :(
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 07:37:13 pm by 2299 »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
hello? *echo*