Author Topic: Altering material  (Read 1720 times)

Hi, I’m currently building a Campaign based around the Orion rebellion during the EA Civil war and I was wondering about the rules on altering the base material.

For instance in some missions I’ve swapped  textures in Fred so the ships either don’t look so samey or so that I can use them at all (Earth Force One as a medical ship in the mission I’m currently building for instance), which I assume is okay with everyone as it doesn’t actually involve editing anything.

What I need to do now however is to add a skybox to a few missions that isn’t Earth or Mars and as I don’t want to add a new planet to the stars.tbl (i.e. the planet appears at a distance in other missions) it means I need to grab one of the planet textures from the effects folder, and modify an existing skybox file, I can’t model for the life of me and I’ve forgotten how to use truespance anyway but as changing the target texture and renaming it works I don’t really need to.

I’ve tried it, and it works fine in mission but I wanted to check if this was okay before I got much further into production (its only the sixth mission out of twenty four but I like to get these things sorted).

So, my question is, is this okay with you guys, oh mighty makers of the TBP?
The needs of my belly, outwiegh the needs of the few.

Offline Skullar

Can you tell me more about your campaign ?

I am interested, since I am writing on the EA Civil War campaign.
Perhaps we can agree on some nice crossovers or so....