Author Topic: TBP in a gaming magazine!  (Read 6295 times)

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
TBP in a gaming magazine!
Yes, that's right.  TBP has full two page review on Finland's largest gaming magazine. It gives very positive feedback, the only real issue being the missing voice acting in Raider Wars. I expect someone will translate it soon enough to english :)

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
What is Finland's largest gaming magazine? :nervous:
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Pelit, what else? At least it was the largest last time I checked, which was today :p

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Thought so. But I never read it. But I guess now would be good time to buy one :D

Offline pyro-manic

• FlambĂ©
Good good. Media coverage is good for business (especially positive coverage ;)). :yes:
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Any online versions?  Links, etc.?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the project page.  They don't seem to have the article online, though...
http://www.pelit.fi/uutiset/uutinen.asp?id=15193

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
No magazines have articles on line... they want you to pay for stuff.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
They do have articles online, but only for subscribers who have registered to their site. I'll see if I can get a permission to publish the review here, but it's not sure  yet. If I do get the permission, any takers on translating?

Offline Skullar

At , whatever... it's just for sure I won't PAY for reading comments on OUR work in a language I DON'T understand.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
lol.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
CGW usually has articles online.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
They said Raider Wars is the best thing since sliced bread. Didn't they? Didn't they? Eh? No? Didn't think so.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Actually IP, the article has this to say about you: "Sworn B5-freak Iain is also responsible for the excellent/fine Raider Wars script"

Blame Darkblade for all the mispelled names and minor errors :p

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Did Darkblade write the article?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
No he didn't, just answered to some of the quests. There's a few things that deserve a good laugh .

This is not a direct translation but that's what the article says.
"Raider Wars is mopping the floor with many commercial games."

And of course I wonder why the article refers that it's disappoining that hometeam's Darkblade is not the team leader, but IPAndrews is.  Since when my nationality was changed and someone forgo to tell me? :D

All in all, there are a few errors or similarities in the article but nothing bad. I count the fact that the writer liked hyperspace jump effect as an error.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 06:07:18 am by 173 »

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Originally posted by Mr. Fury
And of course I wonder why the article refers that it's disappoining that hometeam's Darkblade is not the team leader, but IPAndrews is.  Since when my nationality was changed and someone forgo to tell me? :D

Yeah, I corrected that for the writer and he says he got all the information from Darkblade and our FAQ. And he also wants to get a part as a voice actor. Any good parts still open? :D

How come liking the hyperspace effect is an error? You want me to redo it? :D

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
So, is anybody going to translate it? It's the newest Pelit, right? I'm now going to buy it :p

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Still waiting for their response. We can't publish anything here without their permission.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by Lt.Cannonfodder

Yeah, I corrected that for the writer and he says he got all the information from Darkblade and our FAQ. And he also wants to get a part as a voice actor. Any good parts still open? :D

How come liking the hyperspace effect is an error? You want me to redo it? :D

Our FAQ does not state member names, so I think I'll make a Vader style force choke on Darkblade. :D
About that voice actor part, direct him to the voice acting request thread, I'll then send the sample to White like with everyone else.
And I think I already asked if you could re-do it, you weren't interested because it wasn't your turf. :p

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Congrats :)
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...