Author Topic: tbp realse 1&2  (Read 1517 times)

hi can you please give more informations about tbp relase 1&2 . like to be more specefic:
1_  are they demos like earth minbari campain(5 missons)  in other word haw many missions are in eatch one of them are they worthy the download on a 56kps modem?
2_in case of downloading them haw can i convert them to be realse 3 compateble
cant i just download the missions and the campains sepratly like i did in release 3? i mean the single missons file was so eazy to get and had 9 missons in it plus the multilayer.
do i need to download  base files for release 1&2 or you will relase the missions and  campain for 1&2 in the future  to work sepratly on relase 3 base.
like it is said in the read me file and in that case i will whait. and thank you

Offline Xaphod

• http://www.fishinstitution.com
Release 1 & 2 is an earlier version of TBP base and the EM-war demo campaign, which has been re-released as a release 3 compatible campaign.

There's nothing in them that you don't already have.
Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me.
My website - The Fish Institution

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The only reason for getting Release 2 these days is if FS2_Open won't work for you. (Or to play Tales EAS Janos etc until someone can be bothered to convert them over).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

pardone my ignorence  but can you tell me
what is fs2_open  ?
do you mean the real fs2 game files?

Offline Xaphod

• http://www.fishinstitution.com
fs2_open is the stand-along open source extended and modified version of the FS2 engine that TBP version 3 uses.
TBP version 3 does not require FS2 to play.
Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me.
My website - The Fish Institution