Author Topic: Freespace 2 Tabletop Game [update 4/13]  (Read 6294 times)

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
The Freespace 2 Tabletop Game
Originally posted by Dark RevenantX
I am doing a lot more work than you are.
I really don't think you have a right to say something of this nature as if it was a demand.

I'm doing them as a favour to you, and I don't even know you.

It's not as if we gave some agreement or there are any deadlines. Do not act so aggressivly when people are being kind, or they will not do anything for you at all.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Sorry, i get like this when I have migrains.  It runs in the family.

Lugi, I weigh the more time consuming things higher than less time consuming things.
Cobra, thank you for the ships, they do a great lot of help.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 08:13:41 pm by 2397 »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:nod: well said.

[EDIT] crap, DRX posted before i did.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

I've also got a Freespace 1&2 conversion to babylon 5 wars over here if anyone's interested:

http://knossos.firenebula.com/

Though it's a touch more complicated than A Call to Arms.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Yours is much more detail-oriented than mine.  However, mine allows large battles to be played at lightspeed compared to yours.

I still lack weapon names for the Terran Turret, Terran Huge Turret, Beams, Shivan Turret, and  some other thing I forget the name of.

My version has more detail than A Call to Arms, but not by much.

Yup, B5Wars is detailed orientated. Not quite to the level of SFB, but getting there.

Offline Luigi30

Big F***ing Red sounds like a good name for a main beam cannon. :)

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
But it's not the name of the beam cannon.  I say "Terran [or Vasudan or Shivan] primary beam cannon, class X, power rating YYYY.  Or make up a name.  BFRed is not appropriate.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
nah, just do something like this: T (for Terran, or S for Shivan, you get the idea) TBC-X (Terran Beam Cannon Class X)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Luigi30

Fine.

Terran primary beam cannon, class AA, power rating 1000!

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Cobra and Ferrett, I really need those pictures.  Now that I am a few days from completing the game, I am in need of the remaining counters.

Thanks for all the support!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
sorry, been a little busy lately.

[EDIT] Er, what's your email?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 06:26:19 pm by 2299 »

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
I pmed it to you:blah:
whoops, the email address exploded!  Owhell...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 07:25:20 pm by 2397 »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i knew i saw it somewhere. :nervous: :D

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
thanzew, dude!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
you're welcome. ;)

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Even though the scaling is less like the game, so you don't need a magnifying glass to see a wing of fighters, nor a telascope to see the colossus's end, the Sathanas looks just about impossible to best.  Somehow it is stronger than it looks.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i'm thinking i should make a white background for the sath, it's really hard to see...

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
i really need the remaining counter;s cobra.  Basically all I need is that and the book.  THE SHOW MUST GO ON!

Originally posted by Cobra
i'm thinking i should make a white background for the sath, it's really hard to see...

Just increase the brightness/gamma control before you slap it on the background.