Author Topic: ****ing Batman.  (Read 38713 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
So today's the last day of classes before easter break, and I'm going home for the weekend tomorrow - got some family obligations to take care of, and I miss my dog. Anyway, I have to go into town and pick some easter stuff up beforehand, and I don't want to drive, so I'm at the bus stop, waiting for the bus.

Now, one thing you've got to understand about Transperth (ie. the bus company around here) is that the timetables - they're kind of more of a general guide than any kind of adhered-to schedule sort of thing. So when the bus was about 5 minutes late, I wasn't too concerned. At least, not at first.

Suddenly, I see a big green bus coming round the corner and through the roundabout up the road - the number on the front is right - it's the bus I'm waiting for. But this thing is taking the roundabout at about 70 kms - that's a damned impressive sight BTW - a full sized bus taking a roundabout that fast - wow.

Anyway, the bus comes screaming up the road and pulls into the bus stop with the screech and well known smell of brakes applied just that little bit too much. Then the door hisses open and I get a look inside.

Now, I take this bus fairly often, but the driver's always changing, but there are a few constants one learns to expect. However, none of those are "Black Cape, Mask, Rubber torso, utility belt". And you also dont tend to see middle aged men in Transperth uniforms lying in a small but slowly growing pool of blood next to the drivers seat. Yep, you guessed it. Batman was driving my bus.

"Tickets please."

Now, I was a little surprised by all this, as you can imagine, so I tried to start up a bit of a dialogue.

"Batman, dude, What the **** man! Did you just beat that guy up? He's ****ing bleeding and ****!"
"He was going to make the bus late! He was waiting for these old women at the last stop - slowest pair of *****es I've seen since Poison Ivy accidentally gave that sloth syrum to her minions instead of the GCPD."
"The bus is still late though."
"Ah yes," he says, with this sort of half smile that could have meant nearly anything. I guess it's hard to be visually emotive with a massive rubber mask covering the top half of your head. "But he would have made it later!"
"Still - I think the response is a bit out of proportion, don't you? I'm pretty sure he needs to go to hospital or something."

At this point, I think he got kind of pissed, because he gets up out of the seat, jumps off the bus and just sort of walks off mumbling about how **** like this never happens in Gotham. So I was kind of stuck, with a driverless bus and no other way to pick up my easter stuff.

****ing Batman.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 12:30:13 pm by 302 »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
....are you serious?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
LOL Now that's screwed, all I got was badmouthed by a couple of teenagers for 'running up behind them' on the crossing when the lights had changed and the traffic hard started moving.

They were an advert for their own intellect, so I chose to ignore them.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
uhm ... you should get a mental exam
I hate My signature!

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
****ing Batman
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
****ing Chuck Norris :nervous:
I hate My signature!

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Right.... no more whipped milk for that man.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
You are either the most delusional person on the planet or I applaud you for starting a conversation with Batman over the battered and bleeding body of his foe ;)

Offline Ford Prefect

• 8D
  • Intelligent Dasein
Umm... you saw.... and there was... I... uhhh-- What?

HAHAHAHA!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 02:41:08 pm by 2015 »
"Mais est-ce qu'il ne vient jamais à l'idée de ces gens-là que je peux être 'artificiel' par nature?"  --Maurice Ravel

Offline Kie99

ROTFLMFAO :lol:

Originally posted by Black Wolf
But this thing is taking the roundabout at about 70 kms - that's a damned impressive sight BTW - a full sized bus taking a roundabout that fast - wow.

If it was taking the roundabout at 70 KMS the bus would tip and the Gs could kill the people on the bus.  (I don't know much about the effects of Gs and when they come into effects.)
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
you'd think Batman would be more careful with a bus full of people than to whip it around a roundabout at that speed. he's supposed to be protecting people. you know.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
:lol:

Batman in Perth!? Wouldn't it be a bit warm?
Wait Perth is cold ain't it? bah.

Still, are you serious? :wtf:
I'm doubting it due to the dialogue...

Funny Story either way. :p

btw. 70km's an hour would not kill people going around a round-about.
Depending on what type of round-about, it's quite possible to do that without tipping.

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
yes, but not smart. buses usually don't handle as well as the batmobile.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
Funny thing is batman is my usual throw word that I use. :p

*timewarp-aftercarl*

OMFGWTFAOLBBQBATMAN!!!!!11114111
Derek Smart is his own oxymoron.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
70Kph is like 40Mph, it's impressive, for a bus on a roundabout, and bloody scary, but not fatal :)

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Was it pre-Crisis Batman, current Batman or DKR Batman, because they're pretty different Batmans and DKR Batman is scary yet so sexy.
lol wtf

Offline Kie99

Originally posted by Flipside
70Kph is like 40Mph, it's impressive, for a bus on a roundabout, and bloody scary, but not fatal :)

It said 70KPS[/b]
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
...batman sexy? :wtf: