Author Topic: Wikipedia Article  (Read 5665 times)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Why should it list the ships at all, is our question.

For a ships list, refer them o our wiki, and then to our forum.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
i agree with Raa.  That would be the better course, i think that the ship's list is too specific a bit of info for the General wiki.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Originally posted by Luigi30
I'm just trying to say that Wikipedia isn't a resource for FREDing, therefore it should only list which ships actually exist in the main campaign, not hidden deep in the data files (GVFr Bes, I'm looking at you).

You should include them all, because these ships are still part of the freespace universe, and you can find them in user-made campaigns. It isn't in the main campaign? All the more reason to tell people about it! Sure, it isn't about FREDing, but these ships, even if they aren't used in the main campaign (which is actually fairly short when compared to some of Blaise Russel's superb campaigns), are still offical Fs2 ships.

:v: put these in there for us to use in our campaigns. Again, they are still official Fs2 ships. If we're going to make a Fs2 ship-list, it should be for all ships, especially since Fs2 has been out for such a long time. I purchased the game when it first came out, and frankly, I've played so many excellent user-made campaigns, some even more fun than the main campaign, that I don't care what ships are used in the main campaign. I'd rather see all the offical ships, not just your preferences.

I understand you're new, and many of the Fs2 ships may be new to you, but I think the majority of us would rather see them *all* included, rather than just some of them, if it should be done at all.

By the way, none of this was meant as flaming. Rather, it was meant as constructive critism. We don't want to insult you, or drive you away. Stay while, luigi. :)

o our wiki

Ours is currently incomplete. But I agree. Since luigi30 seems to want to do his own personal thing for himself, we should finish our wiki...which probably should have been done a long time ago. :D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 11:06:28 pm by 1278 »

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I was about to quote you and tell you to help finish it. I have addded, and fixed some of the entries, but I've not the patience to do it all.

And sadly, those who do have the patience, cannot edit the wiki.

So, Kara, if you do have alot of info to add to it, PM it to me, and I will add it, since it seems to work for me. :)
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
I just fixed the ship lists and added some stuff to the main page.

Speaking of which, april fools for wikipedia :D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 11:41:28 pm by 490 »
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
lolzorz!
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline tom

Originally posted by Raa

That said, It's th'PVB Amun, not GVB, just t'clarify th'post made by another member.

ups...of course :nervous: