Author Topic: Wierd problem  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
After using some really outdated missions for a while (because of the music), I decided to see what the new missions were like. So after painstaking going through every single mission and changing the briefing and in game music to fs1, I decide to replay the campaign from the beginning. Everything was fine until........

That mission where you capture McCarthy. For some reason, the Horus, the Isis, and the Osiris ALL show up as Ulysses fighters. I ignored it and went onto that next mission. When the first wave of Vasudans shows up, the Osiris is a Ulysses (at which point I quit).

WTF is going on? I swear I didn't change anything other than the music. Everything else shows up just fine (so far).
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You must have changed something.  That's the classic table bug.  Make sure you don't have any other mods or tables installed.

Offline Kosh

I swear I only touched the music.

Screw it, I'm going back to the older missions. :p
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error

Offline Kosh

And that didn't fix the problem. I told you, I didn't do ANYTHING that could cause this.

I don't see how it could be a rogue table file, I'm using the -mod flag. The only VP in there other than the normal port stuff is the Shrouding the Light one.

And if it was a rogue table then why are only some ship types doing this?

EDIT: I just realized something. The only ships that seem effected are the ones that show up in vanilla FS2..........

Brain I/O error

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Kosh
The only VP in there other than the normal port stuff is the Shrouding the Light one.
There you go.  Disable or remove it and everything should work fine.
EDIT: I just realized something. The only ships that seem effected are the ones that show up in vanilla FS2..........
Makes sense.  It's probably a PV/GV conflict between the two mods.

Offline Kosh

Well, the high poly Orion refuses to show itself and the afterburner trails are gone (they only seemed to work with STL), but at least it is not totally wacky anymore.

I had no idea that STL had table modifications that messed up the original port. I could have sworn it worked fine the last time I tried playing it.........

Brain I/O error