Author Topic: Narn-Centauri War campaign?  (Read 3000 times)

Narn-Centauri War campaign?
Will there be such a campaign in one of the future releases, maybe even the next one? In my opinion that scenario is among the most interesting ones, as their forces are about evenly matched and you could really make a difference in the final outcome of the war as a player.
Would it for example be possible to create a sequence of missions with certain parameters, so that according to your actions/success/failure the campaign changes accordingly?
When I played the Earth-Minbari campaign in Release 1, I got the feeling that everything was predetermined and that whatever I did could never make a difference.

Wouldn't it be cool to re-experience that conflict of the series with a different course and ending, even though it's not historically correct?

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
:welcome:

The TBP FA campaign is a Narn-Centauri War demo .  :p

EDIT
****ing stupid time warp.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 06:05:44 am by 2137 »
No surrender, no retreat.

Ups, my bad, haven't played TBP in a long time. Still, I would definitely not say no to a fullsize campaign in the future ;-)

Edit: Where might I find that demo, is it included in Release 3?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 05:55:09 am by 1460 »

Offline -Norbert-

Wouldn't it be cool to re-experience that conflict of the series with a different course and ending, even though it's not historically correct?

Hmm.... No. Not for me.
Having impact is one thing, but chanching the storyline no thanks.
But since there was only little seen of this war, there should be enough room for a talented storywriter to do such a thing, as far as FRED2 (with SCP improvements) allows it.

Edit: LOL
When I started writing, there was only one post. After posting it, there as one additional before my post, answering to one behind my post. Are we in Sector 14 or what?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 05:57:02 am by 1400 »

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Originally posted by boxleitnerb

The demo is WIP.
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by boxleitnerb

The FRED Academy basically takes new FREDders assigns them missions to work on and teaches them how to write better missions as a result.

One of the campaigns that is being worked on is based around the Narn Centauri (basically it follows the last remaining Narn heavy cruiser after the fall of Narn).

If you're interested in FREDding let me know. There are places available for people who are willing to learn :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Narn-Centauri War.. interesting idea.. hope there will be a come more than a Demo.. i mean this War going a whole Year.. time for many battles.

And can we play against the Shadows in future? ;)

And a mini-campaign where Babylon 5 goes Independent will be interesting, too :D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 06:53:30 am by 1821 »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
TBP needs FREDders basically. That's why I started up the academy to help train them :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fabbro

Id really like to learn to fred well but im a bit usless at the moment, and I wouldnt be able to put that much time into it either