Author Topic: Tech Support :O  (Read 1667 times)

Offline donlas

Hey, whats up?  well, im having problems with TBP, well firstly if i use Direct3D then i get major GFX problems, so i have to use OpenGL wich isnt as good, and also quite often (espcecially on campaigns im doing raider wars atm :P) then when i press commit to get to the mission it locks up, i hear the sounds of flight but see ntohign then get a blue screen of death... PLUS wen i tried to do the hyperspace map in Raider wars, i got a black screen could hardly see anythign and 1 cube of the hyperspace color randomly placed somewhere :) was odd... well theres my list ! Any help wud be appreciated

Offline redmenace

well this is really a thread that belongs in the SCP forum.  Secondly, what are your system specs. Include fs2_open version number.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
I recommend you use this build:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,32566.0.html

It fixed some problems for me.

Download,
extract,
select new build in the launcher

Done.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Like redmenace said, can you please post your system specifications? I assume you used the fs2_open build that came with 3.0 and 3.1, right? That's the official fs2_open 3.6.5 build.

Does any other games work that use DirectX 8 or OpenGL 3D-hardware acceleration?

I'm not moving this thread to SCP forum quite yet, but will do so if required to solve the problem.

Offline donlas

All my other games are fine and im using the current build i think yes, my specs are 2ghz processor, Geforce 4 (not sure how many megs, but its a descent card) windows XP, erm... not to sure wat else :P