Poll

What celestial body is also known as the North star?

Alpha Centauri
4 (6.3%)
Beetlejuice
1 (1.6%)
Polaris
56 (88.9%)
Sirius
2 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: June 06, 2005, 06:57:57 am

Author Topic: You all should know this  (Read 2856 times)

Offline boewolf

You all should know this
This just came up as the $64,000 question on Who wants to be a milionare Aus.

What celestial body is also known as the North star?

A.  Alpha Centari

B.  Beetlejuce

C.  Polaris

D.  Serius

Anyone who has completed the main camp that doesn't get this one right deserves to be flamed, beamed and needs to play again to find out.

I would have put this as poll but I couldn't work out how to use the poll function.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Everyone should know this...
Well, that's simple. it's the only bloody Star that you spelled correctly...!

The correct spellings are;

A. Alpha Centauri

B. Beetlejuice

D. Sirius
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 06:46:52 am by 2686 »

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
There you go. Hey presto, a poll. ;)

And yay, lots of Aussies here! :D
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
Originally posted by Mefustae
B. Beetlejuice

Betelgeuse.

While I have no inherent objection to posters playing the English teacher, it would be nice to get it right.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
why do you think polaris is called polaris? its at the flipping pole.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline boewolf

I never clamed to be a good speller.  Flame me for it if you wish.  But all my friends keep telling me there is nothing usefull in this game.  Well now I can tell them otherwise

Offline Rson

Why do you think that Bosch started his rebellion in Polaris?  Because the North Star was used by sailors ans a 'compass'.
"It's like how much more black could this be?  And the answer is none, none more black." -This Is Spinal Tap

"What do you mean 'I ain't kind'?  I'm just not your kind." -'Peace Sells' by Megadeth

Offline Nuclear1

Here comes the Snuffleupagus option... :p

Oh, and yes, it's Polaris.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Nothing useful? I won't be surprised if mankind discovers the secret of subspace through the FS games. ;P Eh, and if not, there's always the physics model you can toy around with. And the fact that it's actually a sim and should have at least have a hint of realism in it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 01:20:48 pm by 2820 »

This is not a signature.
You did not see this.
It was all a dream.
You will not tell anyone about this.

Now go and read this signature again.

So, you actually bothered to scroll down, eh? If you're that bored, you might as well take a look at the links above.

Offline Andreas

• Ai No Koriida
Originally posted by General Freak
And the fact that it's actually a sim and should have at least a hint of realism in it.

:lol: Sarcasm or not, I still laughed my ass off.
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathan Swift
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Freespace? A sim? Why the heck does everyone these days think that FS2 is realistic?

Well, I don't really know anything about deep-space battles or rocket science... ;P But it is a sim, whether Volition claimed so, or if everyone assumed that it was:

And you would expect FS2 to, if it was a sim, be realistic. That's what a sim does. It simulates the real world.

This is not a signature.
You did not see this.
It was all a dream.
You will not tell anyone about this.

Now go and read this signature again.

So, you actually bothered to scroll down, eh? If you're that bored, you might as well take a look at the links above.

Offline Andreas

• Ai No Koriida
Stop it! You're killing me! :wakka:
You sir, are truly a king of sarcasm! :D
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathan Swift
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Wow, we are good! Check that out.  100% of us gave the right answer.

I will blow up anyone who puts down the wrong answer!!!!
"Do or do not, there is not try."

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.'

The Land of Dallan MMO - Coming Summer 2006

{SS}Infantry Clan Leader

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
theres a difference between a space sim and a space shooter, orbiter is a space sim, freespace is a space shooter. the word sim means simulation, and the purpouse of simulation is to mimic reality. the fackt that it is called a sim is marketing and those people live in a fantasy world. they think that hevyer cars slow down faster than light ones and that slayer is death metal.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 07:05:04 pm by 766 »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Beetlejuice
Beetlejuice
Beetlejuice

Oh ****, Micheal Keaton!
lol wtf

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Originally posted by Blaise Russel
Betelgeuse.

While I have no inherent objection to posters playing the English teacher, it would be nice to get it right.

You mean i'll never realise my dream of becoming an English Teacher!?! ...Oh cruel fate, why do you mock me with your mocking mockery...?

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
Cuz its probably fun :lol:
Answer is Polaris ;)
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Someone seems to have gotten it wrong...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
And you would expect FS2 to, if it was a sim, be realistic. That's what a sim does. It simulates the real world

Unless you have invented a time machine, how do you know that the real world 400 years in the future is not being perfectly simulated by FS2?

I won't be surprised if mankind discovers the secret of subspace through the FS games.

We only need to figure out how to warp space and time. No big deal. :D
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key