Author Topic: FREDding problem with jumpgate  (Read 1722 times)

FREDding problem with jumpgate
Ive got problem with mission for FRED Academy. Much of the fight happens near the gate, and I cant stop units firing at it. When it is friendly, hostile attacks it, when hostile, friendly attacks it, when neutral, same as hostile, and when unknown, units with Guard or Chase-all attack it. I can use Chase-all-except, but I want to keep Guard. Can somewho help me?

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Just protect it.  Look in the ship editor.

Offline Fergus

You may also want to make them invisible to sensors, this makes it easier for the player to target vessels near the jumpnode/gate
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Perhaps the jumpgate (either in strut or unified form) should be given a "cargo" flag.  Now, this would take away the protection of the "capital" flag that prevents destruction by non-"huge" weaponry, but the new SCP can use the ship-guardian-threshold flag to compensate.  Then just give it a ship-protect, known-cargo and that should be it.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Thanks. Works well now.
Now, I have another problem. It is possible to make an event so ship controlled by AI will not go closer than distance to another ship? (Waypoint paths for capital ships cant be figured out becouse every game their position can change and they are close to gate.)

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Not really... Do you mean for capships or fighters?

For fighters you can give order to stay away from a ship. I can't remember what it's called. But then the broblem would be that the fighters would only concentrate on keeping distance to the specified target, and wouldn't be attacking anyone or etc.

For capships... Well usually it's better to use waypoints. It looks better that way. And with a little effort you can get the ships do amazing things. You should cut the caps loose only when you know what they are going to do. Besides, B5 caps don't usually go too close to each other (exept when the all too popular ramming manuver is used).
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...