Author Topic: Inferno SCP Additional Content  (Read 48432 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Inferno SCP Additional Content
Originally posted by Nico
what station?
well, anyway, there's nothing FS related left on my PC, so nah, not possible, in fact, sorry.

The FS+ one, the HTL one.

RED DIAMOND - The problem with most of the OTT fighters is they use 4+ maps which can cause slowdown in the HTL engine. The Raziel uses 4, 2 of which are capship tiles.
Nope that one is still GTVA. I used the maps of the GTF Myrmidon for it.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by Woomeister

The FS+ one, the HTL one.

RED DIAMOND - The problem with most of the OTT fighters is they use 4+ maps which can cause slowdown in the HTL engine. The Raziel uses 4, 2 of which are capship tiles.

Actually, if it was OTT itself, it wouldn't be a pb, since those 4 same maps were also used on almost all the ships of a same faction :p I actually think my way is better, in a... way.
SCREW CANON!

Well Nico & Woo I did my best. :eek:

All of the ships will sport this paint scheme for the new side. SO far I have 2 fighters, 3 bombers, transports, freighters and several different sized cap ships. Ugly photos upon request;)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 12:31:05 am by 2812 »

Wow - your new stuff looks amazing!  Even little Lucy heads flying about beaming everyone! :D

Somehow, the quality of those fighters impresses me more than the more usual capital ship shots I've seen.

Well, I just fell in love with the OTT ships from the moment I saw them. I love the oversized guns on the fighters and bombers in the pack. The cap ships are really special as well and look pretty good with the new maps like the ones on the fighters and bombers. I have VERY special plans for the double domed cap ship that was in the pack;7

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Actually I don't like the oversized guns on some of the ships.

There's a list of the small ships I may do:

Abaris - 7 maps needs remapping, no model changes
Anan - Needs remapping, may cut the big gun off
Benkei - Needs remapping
ladiel - Needs remapping, may remove the side pods
Oni - Needs remapping
Tau Defense Drone - Needs remapping
Uriel - Needs remapping

Some of the capships needed returreting. The Ryujin for example was mostly barrel gun turrets. Now it has 2x the turret count and can cover most angles, making it more effective. OTT weapons are a lot different from the ones we use. The Gaia has too many turrets for its size so I'll be reducing that one. As well as checking if the clipping problems with that runway are gone.
The OTT capships may look good with their current maps, but they don't with any others as some of them don't have good UV maps for them. That's why I remapped the Chiron so it is more tiled than the original.

Offline Nico

• Venom
Note that what you people always want to call guns are missile launchers, but whatever.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well your gun ones look like missile pods, and your missile pods look like big guns :p

Offline Nico

• Venom
actually, the guns are originaly Descent3 engine pods, but heh :p
SCREW CANON!

Well, I suppose you have a good point. I guess I need to figure out how to change those vents into guns like you did. Of course it will not have the polish of yours, but then again that's a given. ;)

Here my best effort mates:eek:
She is my frontline fighter and I have named this version the Nini.

http://sunstarentertainmentinc.com/images/nini4.jpg

Here is the heavily gunned fighter bomber the Sela

http://sunstarentertainmentinc.com/images/sela1.jpg

Another is the Shani Mini Cruiser/Heavy Bomber. Obviously she is very well equipped ;7

http://sunstarentertainmentinc.com/images/shani1.jpg

An example a cap ship for the side, the Hashim Carrier.

http://sunstarentertainmentinc.com/images/hashim1.jpg

//links fixed
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 04:56:50 am by 78 »

Are they that bad?? No comments on the fixes??:blah:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
They're very dark...

They're very dark...

I just adjusted them a bit. Take another look.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
They look more Alien than Terran. The bombers have no detail except for a cockpit and missile/gun points, and those parts don't really match the new maps.

They look more Alien than Terran. The bombers have no detail except for a cockpit and missile/gun points, and those parts don't really match the new maps.

Yes, obviously my mapping skills are very limited:D. I really didn't want to muck up anything so they stayed basic. In a way though based on how the new side fits into the story, the hints of Alien tech are perfectly suited to them. ;)

In the end, they were never intended to go past the black matte stage, but I liked this design, especially in game and it kind of grew on me. Thanks for the input.

Woo, I was wondering just how many ships are you guys up to for the new release??

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
many +3
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Originally posted by Hippo
many +3

Hmm, that means something like 200+

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by RED DIAMOND
Woo, I was wondering just how many ships are you guys up to for the new release??

Not including clone entries and some misc stuff

54 Terran Entries
33 EA Entries
36 Vasudan Entries
49 Shivan Entries

total 172 in ships.tbl

17 Ancient Entries
16 Misc Ships (these wip ships)

33 Extras in .tbm files

205 unique ship entries total there, though with extras that'll be hitting 210-215. That still gives me 35 more ships before we hit our hard limit of 250.

With the Ancients installed you can have around 50 more ships before you have to remove stuff.

Yep, over 200 just what I figured. I was wonder though, with tbm files I have them working in fred fine, but when I load the mission, everything reverts to default Ulysses? Any clue whats going on there mate?:confused:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It's just under 200 for the main mod. It only goes over 200 with addons.

make sure you have the tbm structure right.

A basic .tbm file would be:

#Ship Classes

#End

Note there's a bug with weapon tbms which prevent them showing up in the wepaon editor in FRED, but they show in the initial loadout dialogue and in game.

If that's fine are you running the tbms from a -mod directory? and have you set the -mod commandline to match for FS Open?