Author Topic: Inferno SCP Additional Content  (Read 48611 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Inferno SCP Additional Content
I have two last jobs to do, then I start the documentation while the others do missions.
This should be the last time I have to touch most of the models though.
This is the biggest job I've done since we moved to using SCP builds.

The modpack is almost done, just the last few missions to go, then lots of playtesting and balance fixes to do.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
We might be ready before BWO, but I don't know BWOs internal status.
Once the missions are done the only thing holding us back would be the Inferno Builds. There's some issues in them we'd like fixing before launch. Though most of them effect custom content and not the main campaign.

I should have the first release prototype installer made by monday for installing on my laptop that should arrive that day.

That's if I manage to complete both the Solaris and Nemesis rebuilds today...

I managed to fix quite a few problems with our capships redoing them like this, the only one we now have problems with is the Tanen. I'll try to fix that after the first release build is done.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Both the Solaris and Nemesis are done now. 65/66 models complete.

The last is the GTI Arcadia, which were currently using as a placeholder as we don't have a replacement station...

Now I just hope I never have to do that again :p

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Are you no longer using the GTI Arcas as the GTI station?
Has the Solaris changed any in design? cos for some reason i really like that ship, despite the fact it seems to wait ages to fire its beams :rolleyes: .
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yeah we aren't using the Arcas anymore, but we don't have a replacement for it either. Hence the Arcadia is a standin for now.

The Solaris hasn't changed much in looks, but it has a lot more turrets, which is one of the reasons why I left it to near last to redo :D

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I liked the Arcas. It just seemed like such a natural replacement for the Arcadia.......
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well if enough people post I may consider swapping back to the Arcas...

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
I liked it to, the first proper station that could defend its self against warships! if anything i thought it could do with being a bit more detailed, apart from that, nowt wrong with it.

Solaris with more turrets YAY!! ;)

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The reason it was dropped was being under detailed.

Solaris has 70 turrets now, same as the Warlock.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well that's another job out the way, new mainhall and masks for both resolutions is done. The current one gets changed to the B-Hall as has become tradition when I make a new one :D

*checks list to see what's left*

Ok the Shivan lightning beams - not really my job at the moment so I'll pass on that...

EA character head anis - hmm I'll do her tommorow, not enough time left now...

That should do it except the documentation and maintaining the release tables. Well that's all the mejor stuff left on my list anyway...

I should be able to recompile the installer as planned tommorow. Then transfer it to CD...

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Yeah, Arcas FTW!

Offline Kosh

Originally posted by Woomeister
Well if enough people post I may consider swapping back to the Arcas...

While I did like the Arcas, I would like to see whatever you are going to replace it with (whenever you figure out what it is going to be).

Personally I suggest posting screenshots and armemants for both and let the public decide. Just a friendly idea. :)
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well we don't have a replacement right now. We haven't found anything that suits our needs and we don't have any model making staff anymore. Hence the Arcadia being brought in.

Remember I can returret the Arcadia to beef it up a bit.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
why not have both? one a heavy military station the other a civilian station not as heavily armed. Out of interest are there many civy ships?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Because we don't really need a heavy military base anymore. Most Command and control facilities are on the Warlock class carriers.

There's a few freighters and transports but not much. Though I'm already considering an archives pack of the some of the old FS1 and FS2 freighters for those wanting to make civilian or non front line campaigns.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Uh the Deimos maps wouldn't look good on that model, and the Sol gate uses Arcadia maps and is stronger than most warships.

Offline Kosh

Originally posted by High Max
And maybe you can remap the Arcadia too and increase it's armor. Give the Arcadia the Deimos's maps and say that it has more protection against beam weapons (collapsed-core molibdium or whatever the FS2 tech description calls this metal).

Then again the GVT Isis had collapsed core Molibdium and it didn't have the same map the Deimos had......

Brain I/O error

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
This is about all I can come up with. This is kind of an Arcadia/Arcas combo:

Has a fighterbay on each side for increased capacity

Might be compatible with Sandwiches Arcadia extension if I haven't changed the scale

Has a section dedicated to freighters as before

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Me like it, Very GTVA! :)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Basic textured version. 1076 polygons, 7 textures.