Author Topic: [FA] C5M5 Kiith-Sa  (Read 11363 times)

I need some more details about my mission:
1:Should the wing names be same in whole campaign ?
2:Should the mission be hard or easy? Mission haw Im making it is medium to hard.
3:How should Th'Nor be called? I use name Na'Thor, just from head, can be this name be used?
4:How long should be the mission? Now its fast, max. 10 minute battle, and I cannot do it much longer without degrading the playability.
5:Is there any name of the system where mission happens?

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
2: Playtest the mission on medium difficulty level. Make corrections if it's too hard or easy. You can release the mission for playtesting, then others can give you pointers if it's too hard or easy.
3: If there wasn't no name for that ship in the mission description, the you can use whatever you want.
4: The length doesn't matter as long as the mission is good.
5: The systems hasn't been decided yet. I just picked one from the Narn space for my mission.

Also, you could do a thread for you mission. Something like: [FA] C5M5 Kiith-Sa. And in that thread you can ask questions about your mission and release it. :)

Karajorma will give you more info shortly. :D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 11:51:37 am by 2137 »
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Actually TP is the person to answer these questions since they are storyline rather than technical. I'll split this question off into it's own thread though.

Just reuse it when you're ready to release the mission for testing Kiith-Sa.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
In my original description, I gave some creative leeway, but some degree of consistancy must be maintained... most importantly for the Th'Nor class which is used in missions 4, 5, and 6.  However, if no-one has claimed missions 4 or 6, or have yet to declare a name, then you should feel free to name it whatever you want... as long as it sounds Narn, and has not been used by anything else.  Also, once that name is established, the creators of missions 4 and 6 will need to follow this.  

In the interests of depening the player's connection to the characters, it might also be a good idea for characters and wing names to be reused.  For example, the Narn wing that jumps in during Primus' C5M2 could play a role in C5M5.  It would use the same wing name, and be the same pilots.

As for a location, not a lot of systems have been mentioned on the show, however there is a fan map (well done in my opinion) that has several systems that could be of use to you.  It shows one certain Narn system that is close to Drazi space called T'Llin.  Since this mission takes place close to Drazi space, it should do nicely... not that the map is in anyway cannon.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

I have mission almost finished, but Im trying to get it more balanced and Im creating ship names and messages really slowly, and:  As I said on TBP forum, Ive got problems with waypoints,but, if capships werent moving when not needed, it would be much better. So:How to make ship do its erders but stay on place,without any moving or rotating?
With my speed in creating what I call "ketchup", I will finish it in maybe even month.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
What do you mean carrying orders without moving? Do you mean attacking enemy ships? Caps will do that automatically if they have no orders.

In fact it's an unwritten rule that you should never give capships orders unless you've got something specially planned (Ordering it to play dead etc). The rest of the time you're better off using waypoints.

If you want to post what you have and simply tell me what's missing it might be an idea as that way I can spot any major errors while it's easier to change them (That's what the FA is all about after all).

Ship has to attack enemy ships, but not fire on specific ship becouse that would make the mission damn hard.

Offline Fergus

Well if you want to stop certain vessels from being attacked by enemy cap-ship beams you can Beam-Protect them in the Misc. options, though that doesn't protect against fighters/bombers/blob bubs etc.
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Protect Ship & Beam-Protect ship prevents all ships attacking the specific ship.
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
We need the proposed SEXPs that affect all turrets aboard a ship.  Therefore, you'd give the hostile cap-ships an ai-turret-ignore command.  This does not yet exist, but if 3.6.7 is close to release, then we soon could be in a position to request it.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

I need ship x to not attack ship y,but ships other than x to attack y normally.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
What if you give the ship you want to not shoot the order to ignore the target vessel?  Or does ignore not affect turret weapons?

Protect is used to account for everything, not for specific craft.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 08:54:59 am by 570 »
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Generally you script the mission in such a way that the two caps don't ever get close enough to actually start pounding on each other. Not only is that the easiest solution it's also the most realistic (and therefore the one that looks the best).

You can't use ai-ignore because that can't be used with capships in FRED (Never tried it with Notepad though. Might be one of those things that FRED compains about that is actually do-able. The fact that ignore orders can propogate up to capships seems to point to the possibility even if it is a bug).

If you tell us what ships you're dealing with Kiith-Sa that will help.

It is ThNor (One of goals is to protect it ), and the Primus going trough the gate. It ends with Primus destroying all close capships and killing ThNor before GTok arrives.  The real problem is only with one turret (Im not sure,but I think its on top of the ship) and if I have it destroyed at start, its too easy. I just got an idea if event Ive seen,something with turret firing at tagged ships,would work? Then,I was trying (sorry fo offtopic), to look on modding. Its easy to add new ships and weapons but isnt there any possibility of editing and scripting AI? What I found was only tbl with pilots settings, but thats not much. Or is it only possible trough SCP?
I also started learning truespace (again,sorry for offtopic), but I have no idea on applying textures, only graphics I was doing before was RA2/TS voxels, so i will make a little pause with FRED until I finish first model (With or without textures).

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Simply lock the turret with the beam-lock SEXP.

Then use a repeating event and the fire-beam SEXP to fire the turret at a much slower rate or at a different target.

If you need more help on how to do that just post.

Originally posted by karajorma
Simply lock the turret with the beam-lock SEXP.

Then use a repeating event and the fire-beam SEXP to fire the turret at a much slower rate or at a different target.

If you need more help on how to do that just post.

This is exactly what this community is good at, sharing info and helping others. Cheers mate.:yes:

Sorry for annoyance, but turret is not beam. Its thing firing big white something really fast.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Then use turret-lock instead of beam-lock. Don't worry about faking it firing at anything else either. :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 07:30:15 am by 340 »

Thanks, will do.

Mission is almost completed, but my comp is down, so I will continue slowly on friends computer.
Any ideas on Drazi ship names? I dont have an idea how should they sound.