Author Topic: Asking about the galaxy  (Read 3103 times)

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Asking about the galaxy
Theres a TBP star chart floating around here. I don't remember who did it (I don't have it on this comp).

But on that map is system called Alpha 3. Near the Vorlon and Minbari territories. So I am asking if anyone knows anything about that system? Does it have a history?
Because it will have a history in my campaign In the Mist. And I want to make sure I am not rewriting the histroy of B5 universe.

So does system called Alpha 3 have a history?
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline -Norbert-

Asking about the galaxy
I don't remember hearing that system name before.
But I only saw 4 of the crusade episodes and it sounds like a logical place for the excalibur to search.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Asking about the galaxy
I would remember if the name would have come up in Crusade.
In B5 it was not mentioned, seasons 2 and 3 I'm not sure about.
I have not heard the name before and it doesn't really sound like it was in the series.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Asking about the galaxy
I don't remember hearing anything about it. In B5 or Crusade.

But it is in the year 2258 map. Last system before Venton (Vorlon system).
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline starfox

Asking about the galaxy
Never heard of Alpha 3 (system) neither...
Could be a little inside joke, Alpha 1,  Alpha 2 and next one is Alpha 3.
But then again, who knows for sure.

And here is some information about Z'ha'dum, according to the site it is designated Alpha Omega 3, not that is has something to do with Alpha 3 system. Very interesting information still...

http://www.infinicorp.com/VEX/locations/zhadum.htm
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Asking about the galaxy
Actually, that system map does contain Alpha 1, Alpha 2, and Beta 2 systems, located within the border of Centauri space.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Asking about the galaxy
So the the map maker ran out of imagination and pulled it out from his hat. Good. That's what I thought.

Offline starfox

Asking about the galaxy
Now I remember, Londo said to Garibaldi that "We thought your world was Beta 9, actually it was Beta 6..." I gotta find that Starmap and check again.
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Asking about the galaxy
I think Londo was joking...

Offline Fergus

Asking about the galaxy
I have a question, haven't been able to find out so faf but here it is anyway: Can the Hyperion/Midwinter Cruisers carry Thunderbolts and Badgers?
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I think not, but am not wholly certain.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
According to "reliable" info at B5Tech, Hyperion can carry 6 Starfury fighters
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
We know for certain that it can launch fighters, since Lexington launched Eagle 7 (Susan's brother) in "In The Beginning", and the Hyperion launched some in "A Voice In The Wilderness".  In fact, we saw it launch a Badger in that episode too.  One was used instead of a shuttle (too big to carry aboard a Hyperion I guess) to carry its captain over to B5.  You could see the defence turret bulge on the rear of the fighter, which was I guess altered to act as a passenger pod.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 06:09:10 pm by 1268 »
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Either the Badger or the Aurora but the T-bolt would be too long at twice the length. I suppose you could put T-bolts on the ship but it would halve the fighter team. Other wise you would have to refit the fighter bay with a wider one.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Hyperion/Midwinter can not carry Thunderbolts without heavy launchbay modification, wich would mean reduced carrying capacity (down from 6 to 4 I think). This is a pretty solid fact.

In "A Voice In The Wilderness" we saw a badger coming from the Hyperion. Hence we can assume it can carry Badgers. And I do belive that the size difference in the show between Badger and Starfury isn't that big. So I say it can carry 6 Badgers too.

Badger is an up gunned and up armored Aurora the only real difference between them is their masses and therefor acceleration. but otherwise they are the same size