Author Topic: WIP HTL Hecate  (Read 24339 times)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Cool, are the windows on the "bridge towers" going to be seperate subobjects too?

Is it possible to have mmore than two subobject LOD's? i know this was the case, but i think bob might have changed it.

I'm glad the sublod feature is realy starting to get used.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You removed the wings? That's blasphemy!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
They're subobjects - they're not shown in the image :)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Yeah, i can jsut hope that they can have more than two lods, even then, two would be plenty enough i suppoose.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Oh my God dude, I love that.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Make the front side pods subobjects too! :p
-C

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
sweeet, the hecate never looked so good
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Originally posted by FireCrack
Cool, are the windows on the "bridge towers" going to be seperate subobjects too?

Nop, they are part of the main mesh

Originally posted by FireCrack

Is it possible to have mmore than two subobject LOD's? i know this was the case, but i think bob might have changed it.

I hope he has changed it, because most of the subobjects have three different LODs, and one of them is supposed to not be seen from a certain distance, making that 4 LODs I think.

So, if it isn't yet changed, PLEASE BOB make the engine support more than 2 LODs per sub object!!!

Riiiiiiight, I said that you shouldn't see any updates untill next week... guess what? I lied :D

I took the trouble of adding all the sub objects (excluding turrets) to the main hull, just to show it to you, so there you go :)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/sb38R2/Hecate11.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/sb38R2/Hecate12.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/sb38R2/Hecate13.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/sb38R2/Hecate14.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/sb38R2/Hecate15.jpg

Just have to fix the geometry a bit in some of those subobjects, find any geometry error on everything, make all the LODs for the sub objects, and that's it...

Is anyone willing to draw the textures for this baby?? I can make a UV map template, no prob with that. If anyone has the time and skill for it, contact me through PM

See ya all next week (for real this time)
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Kie99

:jaw: Dear God, I'm loving this ship.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
whoa.

If you can't finish it for whatever reason, release it as a WIP and let someone else finish the job. I hate seeing superb HTL ships just fall into obscurity because the modeller decided to start collecting stamps or tile bricks and never releases his WIPs.
lol wtf

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I can't tell from the shots so far, but are you gonna include any kind of a more substantial fighterbay.  I think you'll agree, the fighterbay on the original model was less than half-assed.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
Originally posted by Janos

If you can't finish it for whatever reason, release it as a WIP and let someone else finish the job. I hate seeing superb HTL ships just fall into obscurity because the modeller decided to start collecting stamps or tile bricks and never releases his WIPs.

Nope, the idea is someone helping me finish it... I don't like to release unfinished stuff, sorry...
And no, I won't colect stamps :D

Originally posted by Trivial Psychic

I can't tell from the shots so far, but are you gonna include any kind of a more substantial fighterbay.

Explain "more substantial"... I have to confess that haven't put much work (if any) on the fighterbays, so I'm open to suggestions
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Raven is a god.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
The original models fighterbay was just a triangular tube going into the ship, make it a nice wide square thing or somthing.

By the way, every time i see your model i cant help but think that the four "bobbles" in the middle should be missile launchers.
actualy, mabye not.

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
:jaw:

That is beautiful, Raven. I take back anything negative I said before. I love the deck detail on the underside. I'd like to suggest putting a bit more of that on it, perhaps around the "neck" and the parts that aren't the heavy armour plates.

As for the fighterbay, I'd suggest making a hangar, with launch rails and gantries and the like.
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
I'm back :)

Well, for the fighterbay, I already done what FireCrack suggested, but I will only make launch rails and gantries as LODs for the interior...

As for the bobbles looking like torpedo launchers... welll, I hope that if this model gets textured, it will fix that... they are supposed to be the docking points...

Raven is a god.

Offline Jeryko

:jaw:

That is truely amazing...
JBX-Phoenix

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
actualy, mabye not.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
Be a bit patient! I'm almost done with it... I have been making the lods for the subobjects, so nothing worth showing yet.

Also, I'm working a bit on the main hull to save polys and I'm remodelling it a bit. Simple stuff.

I wager I'll be done with the mesh in 3/4 days max.

Now, here comes the hard part: I'm not going to release an unfinished ship, so for now, I need someone who can UV map my baby, and someone who can draw textures (copy\paste the tile textures to the UV template, fix any drawing errors, and maybe draw a bit).

The idea is to make 1 or 2 big textures for the whole model, so that it is HTL friendly...

If anyone is willing to help me, please send me a PM.

Raven is a god.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
While you're UV mapping it, you should use the opportunity to make some new textures, imo - the Hecate is a messy mass of tiled, nasty textures.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
That's what I meant by "fix any drawing errors". I like the texture disposition on the Hecate, but it has many a mess... Whit a single UV template, the texturer should copy/paste the tiles, and then draw a bit to make the ship look less messed up :)

Raven is a god.