Author Topic: The Babylon Project Base 3.2 and Raider Wars 2.0 released!  (Read 23684 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
The Babylon Project Base 3.2 and Raider Wars 2.0 released!
Thanks to White for giving up-to-date multiplayer instructions and thanks to taylor for the heads-up. :)

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
I've played few missions and haven't experienced any probs or crashes yet. :)
Though FRED has crashed two times out of three when I have placed B5, but that's proabably my PC's fault...
No surrender, no retreat.

Righty, I've registered a pilot, and the game seemed to load up fine, now, could someone point me to a B5 server? The only server I see in the list is an fs2 standard, and I'm not entirely certain that it would be good for the game if I attempted to join that using TBP ;)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Problem is you need to find a time when people are playing a game. There's not enough people playing the game at the moment for there to be any particular time at which you can guarantee that there will be someone play.

Getting some more people together for this is a good idea though. Making sure all your friends have copies is another :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
awesome! (late i know, but i don't check hosted forums anymore. :p)

will this have the full... (ugh, what were the aliens called?) war? or another demo?

[EDIT] Fileplanet's saying i have to be registered to download the exe's. *switches to bitcomet* *watches as TBP base shoots up to 110 KB/s* *drools* and the Raider Wars ain't making bad progress either. :D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 12:54:21 am by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
eh, where's the main campaign for TBP?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Raider Wars is the main campaign. You need to download campaigns seperately or else you've spent 300MB of your bandwidth on a cool techroom :D

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Another bug:

I've recently been working on a mission that uses a debris field.  The asteroids table references the Terran, Vasudan, and Shivan debris fragments, but no matching debris pof files are included.  The result was an error message and CTD as soon as the mission loaded.

Solution 1: Extract debris models & textures from the FS2 VP files and use them.

Soluton 1a:  Extract debris models from FS2 VP files and reskin them with corresponding TBP textures.

Solution 2:  Grab misc. debris from ships of each major race in TBP and make them into the required pof files.

For solution 2, I'm not sure how many entries the code will allow for the asteroids table, but it may allow for more entries to ensure better variety for each race.  If not, then the "small" entry for Vasudan ships could perhaps have Centauri debris, "medium" for Narn debris, and "large" for Minbari debris.  You get the idea.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by karajorma
Raider Wars is the main campaign. You need to download campaigns seperately or else you've spent 300MB of your bandwidth on a cool techroom :D

good enough. :p

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Slight correction; TBP does not have a main campaign at the moment. The main campaign is in progress, but still in extremely early stages. The script's done as far as I know, but missions and everything else must be done.

The main campaign is Earth Alliance Civil War. If it is ever completed, it will have over 40 missions. Because it's such a big project, we have to release it in pieces. Which also means that voice actors may change along the road, there's also the fact that the campaign might never be finished if there's lack of interest among the staff.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 11:04:12 am by 173 »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I meant the current main campaign. :) I know what you guys have planned and EACW does sound very interesting :)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
This thread has been cleaned, any further posts related to Cobra's previous comments will be deleted, not even moved. Creating a new thread is not allowed either.

I really did like the credit avi for the Radier Wars.  I can't even amagine 40 level campaign.   I am starting to read the Fred acadamy Turtoral by Lady Rose.  It is heavy stuff.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
who in this community did the voice acting besides the 2 or 3 mentioned in the credits?

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Egads... My name is mispelled.

Hermes Wingman#2      Carl Crocker
He he... (I know who I am so no biggie)

Anyway, I extracted the RW missions into the data folder so I could play them from the techroom (Particularly the mission I am in) but it didn't seem to work. It's been ages since I messed with vp's.

Did I forget a step?
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Sorry about the misspelt name, Getter. I was afraid some errors were still left in, even though we went through the namelist over and over again.

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Like I said, no big.

The new base is awesome. It may be my imagination but the raiders were even harder than before. I haven't even gotten to mission 2 yet!

Is the enabling of RW mission in the techroom still the same proceedure? They are not showing up after I extracted them into the mission folder.
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Delete the campaign file, extension is fc2 if I recall correctly.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
yeah, it's the one that doesn't have the FRED icon on it. :)

[EDIT] By the way, i already told him that on yahoo. :p

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by Getter Robo G
Anyway, I extracted the RW missions into the data folder so I could play them from the techroom (Particularly the mission I am in) but it didn't seem to work. It's been ages since I messed with vp's.

Did I forget a step?

The step you missed is that the tech room hides any missions in a campaign from the single player list until you've completed it in campaign mode.

You can either

1) Remove the campaign file
2) Rename the missions
3) Type -allslev in the custom flags box of the launcher (The best of the three).