Author Topic: The Babylon Project Base 3.2 and Raider Wars 2.0 released!  (Read 23687 times)

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
The Babylon Project Base 3.2 and Raider Wars 2.0 released!
TBP 3.2 have great explosions. I hope we can have them in the next MediaVP.

I mean the Impact Beam explo, the Flak Explo and the standard explo in TBP 3.2.

I've never see an explosion the most beautiful in a game except in Starlancer.

Offline mr.WHO

The main guns work. I tested them. If your capships are refusing to fire on one another perhaps you're using a new build of the game engine. I've seen that problem with newer builds.

I'm using stock TBP 3.2 build, any ideas how to fix it??

Edit: problem solved by installing new build posted on you page.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 06:00:52 am by 1471 »

Offline ramsboy

The voice acting makes all the difference on the raider wars campaign, really helps you to immerse yourself in the plot. Far as i'm concerned xmas has come early!  :yes:

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
I've changed the build to the given version, but i still crash to desktop whenever i try to *start* the Nightmare Scenario mission, no error message comes up at all, it's just;

"Ooookay, let's start this mission"
*Beep*
"Wtf? Desktop?!"

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
A fix for the CTD bug will be available very shortly.

In the mean time watch this space, take a break from shooting Zephyrs, and have a cup of tea.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Originally posted by the_leander
I must admit that whilst I love this game to bits, I have found the new release to be somewhat... temprimental, often crashing out at the level loading page (the one with the status bar) In OGL

OGL support has been pretty much abandoned by the SCP team. If it works it's more of a bonus really.

Originally posted by the_leander In D3d mode I get general instability, though I believe thats a driver issue more then anything, my Radeon 9200[/B]

Things will work much better when you get a NVidia card in there. SCP with the new ATI drivers is a slightly dodgy combination. Although they'll probably catch up and get any problems sorted out eventually.

Some of the problems you're seeing may have already been sorted out. TBP uses quite an old build. Feel free to try newer builds. You may find that some of your graphical issues go away. Be warned though. Newer builds have a nasty bug where ships don't always attack enemy ships sat right in front of them. That's one reason why we didn't include a newer build in the base.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 07:00:00 am by 43 »
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline mr.WHO

With new build installed I found another disturbing bug.
Sometimes when you're facing the sun weapons and explosion effect are white, it looks like someone used a "MS Paint" erase gum and erased those effect, but only if you are facing the sun.

It was tested only in one mission and one sun so I don't know if this is common bug.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Originally posted by mr.WHO
With new build installed I found another disturbing bug.

One of many known issues with newer SCP builds.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Update to the Raider Wars is now available.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,33859.0.html

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Initial thoughts:
- Installers as EXEs; a bit of an annoyance since they seem to run pretty slow on Cedega, but they do run flawlessly.
- The selected folder isn't installed to; instead, TBP is installed to The Babylon Project within that folder. Somewhat annoying if you make a new folder for it and select it.
- Are all the dlls necessary? I thought the il*.dll requirement was removed long ago. Although 1/3 may be far enough back.
- None of the stub VPs except sparky_hi are necessary (the latter I'm going to try and have fixed in 3.6.7)
- For some reason my fs2_open pilot crashed TBP, even though I'm using CVS for both.
- ALL briefings and command briefings have some sort of static problem; it goes static-clear-static-clear-static-clear...I had this problem once in the main campaign, with TBP it's happening constantly for some reason.
- Mission difficulty for RW is about twice that of the FS2 campaign on Easy. Mostly this is because so many ships are so damn thin. :D
- w00t! Someone actually used lensflares! :p
-C

That patch makes stock TBP 3.2 build smooth as oil!

Offline Fergus

Don't mean to sound stupid, but would you need to re-do missions you created using R3? And good work on the new Base.
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
No, but you should consider using some of the new features such as the starfield skybox.

Great work, love the voice acting and the new mission loading screens. Hope we'll see more of them.

I have encountered one problem, I cannot seem to be able to finish the last mission. I destroy all the raiders, complete all objectives yet I can't warp out.

Isn't the Hermes supposed to be in that mission? I'm fairly sure it was in the non-voice one...

Offline A2597

Thanks guys, AWESOME job as usual!

*gives rasberry to Sierra/Vivendi* :p

Oh, and just incase anyone was wondering:

'Fencer here...' :p

Do I get my name in the credits? :p

EDIT: And I see the Omega got it's flashy lights! :lol:  Beautiful! I was wondering if they'd ever come into being. Even that small thing just makes the game atmosphere better.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 07:42:05 am by 1820 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Originally posted by Azrael15
I have encountered one problem, I cannot seem to be able to finish the last mission. I destroy all the raiders, complete all objectives yet I can't warp out.

Yes that's a known, and very rare, bug. I've playtested the campaign many times and as such have playtested the last mission many times. I've never seen this bug myself. Always finishes fine when i try it. :nervous:

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Originally posted by Azrael15

EDIT: And I see the Omega got it's flashy lights! :lol:  Beautiful! I was wondering if they'd ever come into being. Even that small thing just makes the game atmosphere better.

Yeah, I think so too.
The loadning screens also build a nice atmosphere up.

BTW http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/1194/yeahtbp1ph.gif

;7
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by IPAndrews

Yes that's a known, and very rare, bug. I've playtested the campaign many times and as such have playtested the last mission many times. I've never seen this bug myself. Always finishes fine when i try it. :nervous:

A similar bug has been reported in Homesick but when I looked at the mission in FRED I could see nothing wrong with it at all.

Is there a message or something attached to the event which allows you to warp? If so it's worth knowing if it is triggered.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Well in the mission a random number of friendly ships get turned hostile. The mission is supposed to keep track of how many, and not fire off the end sequence until of the hostile turned friendly ships have been destroyed. The obvious place for the bug is those events but I can't find it. If you want to have a look feel free. It's especially difficult to find it when you never see the bug ;)