Author Topic: Freespace Campaign Trivia  (Read 6289 times)

Offline Nuclear1

Freespace Campaign Trivia
Well, we've had one for the main Freespace campaign and universe, so how about we have a trivia game relating to user-made campaigns? I'll get us started with a few, though feel free to chime in with any of your own favorite (or your own) campaigns and mods.

Code: [Select]

Identify the following squadrons, ships, or places with their respective campaigns:
[list][*]212th, Phi Eridani, Hyperion
[*]101st, Aidon Mallory, Selket
[*]Polaris, Philadelphia, Novaya Zemyla
[*]Luyten, Overseer, Gueverra
[*]GTD Terra, Earth Alliance, Maginot Line
[*]Altair, Pestilince, Heretic
[*]Aquitaine, Arcturus, Nexus
[*]Independence, Delta Serpentis, Tereus
[*]Xerxes, Tanen, Udjat
[*]Tanis, Blade, Soban
[*]Stalingrad, Liberty, Katana
[*]Sol, Starborn, Groupmind
[*]Antares, Hawkeye, Munro
[*]314th, Beta Aquilae, Trotsky
[*]70th, Lexington, Hithsymtek
[*]McCrae, Nan'Su, Tania Austrailis
[/list]

Identify the campaigns by their slogans:
[list][*]Be Afraid
[*]Where's Your Loyalty?
[*]Life's Cheap - Why Not Get Paid to Take It?
[*]Nothing Is As It Seems...
[*]Everyone Has a Limit...
[*]You're Out of Time
[*]The World is Over... the Fight Has Just Begun
[*]Evil on the Fringe
[*]All Hands to Battle Stations! Prepare for War!
[*]Serve onboard the GTCv Actium, fighting at the frontlines of the most heated battles in history!
[/list]

There. I've successfully pimped at least two my campaigns in that list somehow. :nervous:

In case anyone wants to add to that, or keep it going, go right ahead. ;) Note: this may be difficult if you don't visit places like Game Warden or GTD Bastion, where a number of these projects are hosted.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline pyro-manic

• FlambĂ©
Independence, Delta Serpentis, Tereus : Inferno

Sol, Starborn, Groupmind : Mindgames

Be Afraid : Lost Souls (I think)

Serve onboard the GTCv Actium, fighting at the frontlines of the most heated battles in history! : Lightning Marshal
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ooh, good idea. :)

Lessee...

101st, Aidon Mallory, Selket: BWO
Polaris, Philadelphia, Novaya Zemyla: Ugh.  That NTF prequel campaign that was too frustratingly difficult.  I forget the name.
GTD Terra, Earth Alliance, Maginot Line: SOH, probably.
Xerxes, Tanen, Udjat: Scroll of Sesquipedalian
314th, Beta Aquilae, Trotsky: Homesick, I think
You're Out of Time: Sync?
All Hands to Battle Stations! Prepare for War!: AHTW... an easy one. :)

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Goober5000
Ooh, good idea. :)
314th, Beta Aquilae, Trotsky: Homesick, I think

Try again on this one. :)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Tanis, Blade, Soban: TAP.

Xerxes, Tanen, Udjat: *glances at avatar*

You're Out of Time: Sync.

Sol, Starborn, Groupmind: Mind Games

Independence, Delta Serpentis, Tereus: Inferno

EDIT: Stalingrad, Liberty, Katana: 187th?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Axem

# Life's Cheap - Why Not Get Paid to Take It? - Mercenaries?
# Nothing Is As It Seems... - Pathways
# Everyone Has a Limit... - Transcend

Here's a real easy one. ;)

Derek, Disco, Different Dimensions

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by ngtm1r
EDIT: Stalingrad, Liberty, Katana: 187th?

Try again. :)

Xerxes, Tanen, Udjat: Scroll of Sesquipedalian

:lol:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's easier to spell than Atankharzim. :p

Offline Fergus

212th, Phi Eridani, Hyperion - Derelict
Altair, Pestilince, Heretic - Aeos Affair
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
McCrae, Nan'Su, Tania Austrailis - ITHOV
Sol, Starborn, Groupmind - MindGames
----
Be Afraid - Inferno?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Re: Freespace Campaign Trivia
Originally posted by nuclear1
Identify the campaigns by their slogans:
[list]
[*]Where's Your Loyalty?
[*]Life's Cheap - Why Not Get Paid to Take It?
[*]Nothing Is As It Seems...
[*]Everyone Has a Limit...
[*]You're Out of Time
[*]The World is Over... the Fight Has Just Begun
[*]Evil on the Fringe
[*]All Hands to Battle Stations! Prepare for War!
[*]Serve onboard the GTCv Actium, fighting at the frontlines of the most heated battles in history!
[/list]
[/B]

Where's your loyalty? - GTI: Rebellion
Life's Cheap - Why Not Get Paid to Take It? - Mercenaries
You're out of time - Sync
The World is Over... the Fight Has Just Begun - Battlestar Galactica: Reimagined
Evil on the Fringe - Rogue Intentions
All Hands to Battle Stations! Prepare for War! - All Hands To War
Serve onboard the GTCv Actium, fighting at the frontlines of the most heated battles in history! - The Lightning Marshal
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 12:53:34 pm by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Originally posted by Goober5000
It's easier to spell than Atankharzim. :p

i go by:

atan (arctangent)
khar (car)
zim
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Nuclear1

Is this all we're getting?  Here, I'll mark out the ones that have been guessed correctly:

Identify the following squadrons, ships, or places with their respective campaigns:
[list][*]Polaris, Philadelphia, Novaya Zemyla
[*]Luyten, Overseer, Gueverra
[*]Aquitaine, Arcturus, Nexus
[*]Stalingrad, Liberty, Katana
[*]Antares, Hawkeye, Munro
[*]314th, Beta Aquilae, Trotsky
[*]70th, Lexington, Hithsymtek
[/list]

And nobody has answered Axem's question yet, either. :)

Note: Some of these campaigns that have been mentioned are used more than once (i.e. a campaign that was in the slogan category is likely to be in the other category as well).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 05:52:44 pm by 673 »

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
212th, Phi Eridani, Hyperion

derelict
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Luyten, Overseer, Gueverra: Homesick?

Derek, Disco, Different Dimensions: JAD.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Be Afraid - Hidden Terror. :D
Stalingrad, Liberty, Katana: 158th Banshee Squadron

btw, nuclear, you might want to take a look at my last post. ;)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
The World is Over... the Fight Has Just Begun

Battlestar Galactica

Everyone who watches that show should know that. :D

Serve onboard the GTCv Actium, fighting at the frontlines of the most heated battles in history!

Lightning Marshall

Most of those squadrons/ships/places came from campaigns I had either forgotten about or simply never heard of.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Cobra
Be Afraid - Hidden Terror. :D That's Inferno's slogan. Check the forum banner. ;)
Stalingrad, Liberty, Katana: 158th Banshee Squadron Nope. Close though.

btw, nuclear, you might want to take a look at my last post. ;)

Luyten, Overseer, Gueverra: Homesick? You, sir, are correct.

Derek, Disco, Different Dimensions: JAD. I'll let Axem do this one, as I have not played Just Another Day yet.
[/b]

If you guys forget or don't know, check websites, forums, release threads, etc. to find the information. That's where I got most of it. Most of these trivia questions are found at either major campaign forums/webpages or at the Game Warden Hosted forums.

Offline mr.WHO

Be Afraid

It's easy: Inferno, Inferno and again Inferno (check their homepage "Inferno:Be afraid"

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
@ mr.WHO: well duh, you just read it off of Nuclear1's post. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nuclear1

[list][*]GTD Terra, Earth Alliance, Maginot Line [COLOR=RED]Inferno[/COLOR]
[*]314th, Beta Aquilae, Trotsky [COLOR=RED]GTI: Rebellion[/COLOR]
[*]70th, Lexington, Hithsymtek [COLOR=RED] Pathways[/COLOR]
[/list]
[/B]