Author Topic: Fiction - The Double Mistake (Ancients)  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Fiction - The Double Mistake (Ancients)
Well, to start p1mping my campaign "Caught in the Middle", I thought of posting here a fiction of mine here (since I don't have a website...)... I'm not very good at wrighting, so its no big deal, but maybe some comments from you can help me increase my skills as a wrighter   So here it is

The Double Mistake (Ancients):

Ours were a proud people, and always the strongest... only with the perfects we seemed that we weren’t even there, up for a challenge.
When we had to escaped from the Apocalypse, we knew that we had to start all over again... only this time, without one of our two ambitions... How could we??? How could we think that we could achieve all our dreams? How could we think that we could achieve the “Perfect Creation”? We should know that anything that is perfect, cannot interact with other inferior beings. We lost everything, to our dreams...
When we finished our great trip that started in the Apocalypse, we settled, and rebuilt our lives. We evoluted quickly, and begun assimilating other inferior beings. Once again we were ambitious and fell in error, for in the Apocalypse we could assimilate or destroy the other beings, here the inferior beings were protected by the Great Destroyers.
After a century of trying to dominate this universe, we found these Great Destroyers. Never had we been defeated here, we made our first retreat, the first of many to come.
The Great Destroyers were never after our resources, our planets, they were only after the beings that could not interact with the other inferior beings... But the Great Destroyers were also the Great Perservers, perserving all the inferior life in the universe. We sought to rule the universe, but we then knew that that was our gravest mistake, and once again, we had to escape from a universe, if we could find a way to escape from here like we escaped from the Apocalypse...
That makes me wonder, if it wasn’t for the Great Destroyers, we had vanished from this universe long time before, assimilated by another species that were like we are, and like the Perfects always were. We begin to realize that we are the perfects of this universe, because we cannot interact with the inferior species... if the Perfects themseles were here by this moment, they would perish too... I hope
If we cannot learn from our errors, we shall perish...
We are being eradicated by the Destroyers, just like we eradicated the other inferior beings, and the Perfects tried to eradicate us...

So, how is it??? What do you think? Any speculation of what it is about???
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Star-Epock

• Time Lord
    • http://www.freespacesaga.com
A Far-Scape,

A green grey blum of billowing smoke swept accross the horizon. From my vantage point the desert spread like an angry shimmering sea in every direction. A distant thudding broke the stillness, and behind me I heard the immense hangar doors parting allong with a heavy vibration.

Why was I here in this desert of horror. Why was I isolated and alone while the Galaxy had plunged into the devastation of war. I was doing the job I had yearned to do. Spent my life, my energy, my very soul to do it. I turned as the the fighters launched with a burst of speed and a roar like thunder. And above me at the rim of the atmosphere now I saw them, distant black shapes. After the power of both our mighty empires had been brought to bear, they still waded through to deliver this terrible murderous blow. Above me the distant flashes signald the crushing of the Vasudan fleet. Here on Vasuda prime both Man and Vasudan were about to learn the price of their arrogant war. Twin lurid beams sprouted from the stars, trailing wispy black smoke accross the atmosphere. Nearly 20 Kilometers away from my position the silent unsuspecting Vasudan city of Anakr, and then in a wild shrieking ball of flame as the terrific fire power bit into the city. Flames sprouted into pures of burning rubble, no one survived, no one suffered, a massacre commited by a unseen enemy, distant, hatefull and indefatigable.

As the shockwave spread, a wall of distruction reaching toward me, I turned away from the safety of my home these last few years. Perhaps had I succeeded as a diplomat things would have been diferent, lives been saved. The price of my arrogance. And I saw I was responcible. My pride another great destroyer. I will put down my note pad, and stride into the desert to a pointless, unexeptional death.

Some of my oldest Fan Fic
I ♥ FS1

www.nexusthegame.com -Another exellent but bad sales space game-

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
You guys could go post those in Warpstorm's story forums, where they'll get a real shake down.

We're always looking for fresh meat.

------------------
Visit Warpstorm.  Do it now.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
True enough.  You guys should post them at Warpstorm.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Yeah, but this is a fiction for my campaign, called "Caught in the Middle", and it is the first one, so I wanna know if I am a nice wrighter, and if I can generate some good mistery, and raise speculation and interest in th campaign... so???
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.