Author Topic: Inferno R1 Mission 2 Problem  (Read 3385 times)

Offline Ashura

Inferno R1 Mission 2 Problem
Once the Renegade gets to the station, it simply hovers around and switches waypoints at very high speeds. It never docks. I destroyed it and the Mylae came, and doesn't dock either. Any workarounds for this? I even destroyed the station, but the game crashed ;). Btw, I installed this onto the mac version, which is derived from open source, but uses the original FS2 files. This mod looks very cool.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Is that with the R1 SCP patch? I thought I fixed that in the patch...

The only way to fix that is to edit the docking paths on the station IIRC.

Offline Ashura

No, I can't d/l the scp patch. It only takes me to a recirculating fileplanet ad page. Same for all the files except for the main download.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
If it's one of the fullscreen adds there should be a link with something like 'continue to fileplanet' on the page.

Does it happen when you click the link on the Inferno website or after you try to download it from the public servers?

Offline Ashura

When I click the link on the Inferno website. When I click on the continue to fileplanet, it either takes me to the main fileplanet page if I'm using IE, or just reloads the ad if I use firefox or safari.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Hmm check to make sure your logged in to fileplanet first? Some people have had it redirect when they weren't logged in to fileplanet.

Offline Ashura

Well, I was able to download the patch, but the game starts up and goes black. I think this is because the mac version uses the retail files, not the SCP files. So I guess I just wait for R2 then? ^_^

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
INFR1 doesn't use any SCP files, it uses our own files and the retail ones. It shouldn't require anything from the media VPs to work, unless something was added since the patches creation. If you have the FS2 vp files and the Inferno ones it should work.

Where does it go black, before you get to the pilot select screen of after you select your pilot?

I can't really help with mac exe problems since I don't have one, but see if you can find a debug build and see if it gives you any errors.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Oh and if you want to run the next release on either a Mac or on Linux you'll need to compile a working Inferno build as the regular SCP builds won't work.
Though I don't know if it'll work on those systems...

Offline Ashura

It goes black before the pilot screen. I can't get any console crash reports. Because of the nature of the mac version, it seems I can't use a commandline to open the scp patch with -mod INFR1. The mac version seems to be based off the linux version. As said though, the normal inferno R1 build works, it's simply the SCP patch which doesn't. However, the R1 has the docking problem. Thank for all your help so far!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Sounds like the game isn't finding some of the critical files and crashing out before it loads the interface.  Woo didn't mention it, but having mv_core.vp should be considered mandatory.  Also, if you actually have your files in a INFR1 directory, and can't use mod, you should move it back out of the directory.  The mac version is new though, so the best place for this may be in the SCP alternate environment development forum.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Ashura

Just for some further information, having the files in an INFR1 directory indeed doesn't work. I d/led mv_core.vp, and at the very least nothing screwed up ^_^.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by StratComm
but having mv_core.vp should be considered mandatory.

Unless some new interface art or something was added for a new feature, it isn't needed for the SCP patch to run.

It's not used at all for the next release either as most of the files won't work with our stuff and anything required is already included.

Originally posted by Ashura
Just for some further information, having the files in an INFR1 directory indeed doesn't work.

You have set a -mod INFR1 commandline in the launcher before starting the game?

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Originally posted by Woomeister

Unless some new interface art or something was added for a new feature, it isn't needed for the SCP patch to run.

It's not used at all for the next release either as most of the files won't work with our stuff and anything required is already included.

Yeah, in the next release Inferno will have its own executable.  Currently, the few things in core (the 3d warp model, the loadout-to-wing button, and a couple of other miscelaneous things) just add things like interface changes and the like.  I'd still recommend having it until you release your own build.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well most people would probably have it already since most would be using it for the main fs2 campaign.

I'm just saying it isn't manditory, unless they added a feature that requires a new file such as artwork and it would crash without it.

For next release we'll include all the extra interface stuff. Stuff like high poly FS2 models, glowmaps and shinemaps in the media VPs are not compatable with our new setup, so it's pointless copying over or downloading the media vp for it.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Untill we asked for staff recently there wasn't much of an Inferno team. DaBrain was making new effects and the rest of the modpack was handled by me. That's why the mods are far further ahead than the missions are. Sid was doing missions on and off.

Mission speed might have to pick up a bit for a release this year, but it's still possible.

No promises though, as I don't want people showing up at my door with pitchforks on Christmas day :D

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
None as far as I know since July.

Offline Ashura

Haha, here I am again. I finally did some computer updates and thereby got the FSO version running, which allowed me to use the SCP Patch. I know it worked, because the Menelaos showed up. However, still that damn transport doesn't dock! Guess I'll just have to give up?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Are you using an up to date build?

Offline Ashura

Yep, I'm using 3.6.7. Btw though, I do have some of the media vp files in there, I wouldn't have thought it would make a difference though in how a freighter docks with a station in a mission =/.