Author Topic: SILENT THREAT: REBORN DEAD  (Read 9937 times)

SILENT THREAT: REBORN DEAD
WOW. YOU GUYS ARE REALLY WIMPS NOW. LOCKING MY THREAD BECAUSE YOU KNEW YOU WERE GONNA LOSE.

AND DONT LIE. IF YOU LOOK AT MY PROFILE, IT CLEARLY SAYS IM 16, NOT 12 AS YOU SUGGEST.

YOU GUYS ARE ALL LOSERS. SERIOSULY. YOU GUYS HAVE MASTERED HOW TO DODGE QUESTIONS, AND CAN ONLY PUT THE PRESSURE BACK ON ME TO MAKE REPLIES. ALL OF YOU SHOULD JUST QUIT, GO AND LIVE HAPPY LIVES. SERIOUSLY.

I WILL GLADLY FIGHT TO THE DEATH. BAN ME, I'LL JUST CREATE MORE ACCOUNTS. CAN'T STOP ME PUNKS!

I WILL STILL WRITE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

And guys, seriously, if you want to shut me up, just have screenshots or videos of the past 30 days and I'm telling you, I will shut up. I've stated this several times, and you guys continue the argument. That proves your all wimps. Seriously.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 06:24:02 am by 968 »

Offline Nuclear1

You've never heard of IP banning have you? Do you honestly think you can get back on when your entire internet service is blocked from ever coming back to HLP? :rolleyes:

You really are twelve years old. And with that said, goodbye. Lockage and bannage request sent in.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 06:35:30 am by 673 »
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

C'com, don't ban from from the SITE. I still love most of the HLP stuff, like mods, and stuff. Can't just cut me off. That's not very nice.

What if I come back in a couple weeks repentant? Can't just ban me like that.

Offline Nuclear1

You deserve it. You've pissed off more than enough people here. You've challenged the power of the admins. You've insulted hard-working people.

You need to be banned. And trust me, it's "very nice" for the community that you spend a good amount of time out.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

I'll just have to change my IP address when I'm repentant.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
You may not be 12 but you manage to exude all the eloquence of a 12 year old having a tantrum. We are all eagerly awaiting your "constructive criticism." Please consult my post in the previous thread for a simple method of differentiating between constructive criticism and having a good old ***** before attempting this.

No one here is dodging questions. In fact, most people here are just pointing out the massive holes in your announcement of the death of Silent Threat: Reborn. Only Galemp is actually part of the FSPort team and he seems to have more than adequately explained the lack of recent publicity.

This is even better, you start with delusions of fighting this to the death even under the threat of banning and then as soon as ip banning is mentioned you're all repentant. Now there's a nice turn around.

In closing, I have little doubt that this will also soon be locked and that some action will be taken if you continue this flawed and pointless tirade. So basically, give it up. This won't get Silent Threat: Reborn done any faster and if anything will slow it down as the team is distracted and annoyed by your nonsensical claims of the project's death.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Ban: No
Tolerate: Your choice
Ignore: Absolutely

Really, if only GE works on ST:R then it will really take more time, but he is one of the best members of the community so he WILL get it done.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
:lol:  No, please don't ban him ...his posts made me laugh so hard. He puts up a good show.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well this guy is certainly one of the more cowardly trolls I've seen.  Making attack after attack, and quite evidently much more interested in flaming than in any actual evidence of progress.  I had actually intended to release another Mystery Video this week, but this guy deserves no concessions of any sort.  I trust the rest of you will understand.  Meanwhile, I've made his account Voiceless and will ban any other account he registers.  I'm leaving this thread open for the time being.

A bit of explanation for the rest of you.  The past two months were spent finishing up my master's degree, the cumulative result of three semesters' work.  The thesis is over 70 pages in length, which is in all likelihood much longer than anything fs2freak has ever read, much less written.  All the time I haven't spent on my thesis has been spent in the following order of priority: 1) getting a new job; 2) getting a new apartment; 3) moving; 4) fixing bugs for 3.6.7 which itself missed three deadlines.  I haven't had time to work on ST:R since I released the video, and even that was during a fit of procrastination.  I haven't been able talk to Galemp much for many months until recently; but he's been working on a lot of projects too, his architecture degree takes up a lot of time, and he recently had the good fortune to find a really great girlfriend that deserves a lot of time herself.

I just read Galemp's explanation on the other thread and it's much more eloquent than mine is, but suffice it to say that both of us intend to make this campaign the very best that we can.  We've bounced ideas off of each other so much that each of these missions is indeed better than either of us could have written separately.  We've poured many, many hours into each mission and even completely rewritten a few of them.  I'm confident that this campaign will be one of the best, funnest, and most professional campaigns out there when it comes out and will blow you away, even fs2freak, whether or not he admits it.

The good news is that things have settled down by now and I'll have more time to work on stuff.  So work has begun again.  Still slow, but slow and steady wins the race. :)

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
the **** i miss when im asleep and and/or at skool
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by fs2freak88
C'com

Oooo.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phreak: Oh, indeed. ;)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
What the...?

Oh, the ******* made a new thread. Okay. :blah:

So... yeah. What Goober said. And what I said, back there. Thanks Nuke, Phreak, Raa, Spicy et al. I'll just go off and keep working now, albeit with slightly dampened enthusiasm. :blah:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline dizzy

• http://dizzy.roedu.net
Guys, there is a saying here, going to try to translate it: "a stupid man throws a rock into the lake and 10 savants fight over it". So... :)

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Re: SILENT THREAT: REBORN DEAD
Originally posted by fs2freak88
WOW. YOU GUYS ARE REALLY WIMPS NOW. LOCKING MY THREAD BECAUSE YOU KNEW YOU WERE GONNA LOSE.

AND DONT LIE. IF YOU LOOK AT MY PROFILE, IT CLEARLY SAYS IM 16, NOT 12 AS YOU SUGGEST.

YOU GUYS ARE ALL LOSERS. SERIOSULY. YOU GUYS HAVE MASTERED HOW TO DODGE QUESTIONS, AND CAN ONLY PUT THE PRESSURE BACK ON ME TO MAKE REPLIES. ALL OF YOU SHOULD JUST QUIT, GO AND LIVE HAPPY LIVES. SERIOUSLY.

I WILL GLADLY FIGHT TO THE DEATH. BAN ME, I'LL JUST CREATE MORE ACCOUNTS. CAN'T STOP ME PUNKS!

I WILL STILL WRITE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

And guys, seriously, if you want to shut me up, just have screenshots or videos of the past 30 days and I'm telling you, I will shut up. I've stated this several times, and you guys continue the argument. That proves your all wimps. Seriously.

Awesome.

Can we send the retard back to hell?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 04:23:12 pm by 461 »

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
say have you fixed the permissions problems with the "voiceless" group.  I think that had some nice unintended consequences the last time that happened.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Nuclear1

Hope so. The last thing we need is fs2freak indirectly or directly causing problems from beyond the grave.
Can we send the retard back to hell?

Already tried. Said the pitchforks weren't doing any good, and they needed an HLP Hammer of Ownage.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
If this thread turns into spam I'll close it anyway. :p
Originally posted by PhReAk
say have you fixed the permissions problems with the "voiceless" group.  I think that had some nice unintended consequences the last time that happened.
Yeah, I thoroughly checked all the permissions after the an0n incident.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
So I guess he really is the 'Silent Threat', eh?

I wonder if this one will ever be 'Reborn.'

;)
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Nuclear1

But I don't think he's im'port'ant enough to be the 'Silent Threat'. He's more a 'Bastion' of n00bness. I really wish he'd go back to 'Hades'.

Offline Hudson

Id just call him a douche bag, but thats because I'm unintelligent.  

Originally posted by A Douche Bag

Haha this line is funny as hell lol but Id like to know why he thinks hes entitled to updates, and how he is qualified to determine if the projects dead or not.

Screenies, and videos are nice but you shouldnt cry if they arent released constnatly.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 03:56:08 pm by 3061 »