Author Topic: Two new screenshots  (Read 26936 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You're probably right, since i'm almost certain you've jumped on FRED 2 to have a look at their HP and i haven't bothered (lazy), but do you suppose its possible that some missions might edit the hull strength of a ship in a mission? It's just that most of the Aeolus' i've fought seemed to be dangerous, but weak hulled. Not as weak as a Fenris, but not as strong as a Leviathan.

I looked at the Wiki. Retail can't have individual ship hull strengths, but FS2Open can with the 'Special Hits' tab. I think your illusion may be behind the fact that in missions you fight the Aeolus, you have lots of wingmen to help you, but some missions with the Leviathan you have only 3 Myrmidons with Subachs and Rockeyes to help.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I think the reason the Aeolus didn't succeed is because the Deimos is better. The Aeolus may be the best cruiser, but it's not as good as a corvette. I suppose if the GTVA wanted more Aeolus cruisers (wtf is the plural?) they could just commission more from RNI. RNI probably stopped since the GTVA stopped asking for them. Besides, the GTVA could just as easily get another contractor (Han-Ronald? Triton? Nankam?) to go and make a better cruiser (GTC Omgwtfisthat-abix).

Commissioning, developing, and building a new class of warship would likely take years.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It would be ready for when it's needed I suppose.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
ok, first of all, no were does it say anything about the shivans except the obvius. it is mentioned that they MIGHT have a hive mind just one second before a comment about how you shouldn't atribute them with such a quality.

second the Shivans might, just possibly, maybe, have a technological advantage over everyone else not because of there social structure, but because they have been a spacefareing civilization for no less than ten _thousand_ ****ing years. that could posibly have an effect on things, maybe.

third, the concept of money causes humans to compete with each other, if we were only looking out for the benefit of our kind then we would only be motivated to improve things when there was some sort of problem. with competition you must constantly try to improve over everyone else. further only the successful survive the process allowing darwinian action to refine the species further. in a non-competitive society, the weak are held up by the strong, eventually this will weaken the entire population.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Summary of long post: Humans will work for the good of the race, not for money in return.

Communism?

second the Shivans might, just possibly, maybe, have a technological advantage over everyone else not because of there social structure, but because they have been a spacefareing civilization for no less than ten _thousand_ ****ing years. that could posibly have an effect on things, maybe.

It is likely that they were around for longer than 10,000 ****ing years, too.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
in a non-competitive society, the weak are held up by the strong, eventually this will weaken the entire population.

Thank you Ayn Rand :p
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
There are many, many documented cases of natural selection. talkorigins.net however is the place to take this and not the Blackwater Operations board.

Social Spencerism (Spencer developed the concepts of Social Darwinism, not Darwin) and Randian Objectivism are also falsely justified by flawed interpretations of concepts in the biological sciences, but this is once again a debate for another place.

Thread closed.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 10:25:43 pm by Ace »
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock