Author Topic: huge bug in Inferno  (Read 2675 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ZmaN

  • 28
I was always stuck on the mission where the EA surrenders and peace is made.....  one problem tho...   after command says "weve lost too many warships, all remaining forces, pull out immedietly", the goal to return to base comes up in the objectives screen.  problem is that right after it comes up there, it goes blue, as if i have already jumped back to base....  u destroy the nemesis and nothing happens,you should be able to pull o9ut of space...
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

 
So the 'huge' bug is a directive that flashes prematurely?

 

Offline ZmaN

  • 28
sorry, wasnt sure what thread to put this in, well it kinda is, cause u can destroy the nemesis yourself, and then it says u failed, so its kinda like upsetting to the player......
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

 

Offline Woomeister

  • Infyrno Missile
  • Moderator
  • 213
    • Inferno SCP
Being able to destroy the Nemesis would be considered a far more serious bug than the objective...

 

Offline ZmaN

  • 28
Quote
Originally posted by High Max
Spoiler:
The Nemesis never gets destroyed. After you disarm the 2 main beam cannons on the side of the ship, the Nemesis receives word from EA Command that the EA and the GTVA have proposed a cease-fire and then the Nemesis turns friendly and that is the end of that mission.
[/B]



oh yeah i know that....  i finished release 1 already, so duh...

also i assume that the nemesis is goin to have a BIG part in Realease two, for destroying the giga...  man theat ship is so freakin big!!!!
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

 

Offline Woomeister

  • Infyrno Missile
  • Moderator
  • 213
    • Inferno SCP
The Nemesis would last about 30 seconds against the Gigas.

 

Offline Trivial Psychic

  • 212
  • Snoop Junkie
The Nemesis could be used to attack from the Gigas' rear flanks.  Maybe it takes time to get the Icanus into the engagement, so they deploy the Nemesis, the Independance, and maybe an Odin to make some hit-and-run attacks near the rear of the Gigas, then bring in some Apothesis class for similar strikes from greater range.  Each ship jumps in near the rear of the SJ, fires for as long as it can until it either takes heavy dammage or the Gigas manages to swing around to bring its forward guns to bear, and warps out.  Each attack is designed to make enough of a ruckess to delay the Gigas from wherever its trying to go, until the Icanus can be brought to engage it.  These attacks can also be used to soften up the Gigas so the Icanus can finish it off.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

 

Offline ZmaN

  • 28
Quote
Originally posted by Woomeister
The Nemesis would last about 30 seconds against the Gigas.


u sure about that?  oh wait thats right, you guys made the campaign....  how retarted of me  (im not being sarcastic)....  well, there is one thing....  the nemesis main beam cannons, shooting the giga from behind, for at least 30 seconds, it would do considerable damage.....

or maybe if you had a ton of destroyers, including two or three warlocks, the nemesis, a lindos class destroyer, one of those hathor ships (dont remember the type), and maybe some type of orion class destroyer, all around the giga, it would do alotta damage....  OH HOW I'D LOVE TO HAVE A MISSION LIKE THAT....  im gunna FRED one for myself...!!!!!  this is gunna be awesome...


oh that reminds me, can terran/vasudan ship nanojump like the nemesis?
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

 

Offline Woomeister

  • Infyrno Missile
  • Moderator
  • 213
    • Inferno SCP
Quote
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
The Nemesis could be used to attack from the Gigas' rear flanks.  Maybe it takes time to get the Icanus into the engagement, so they deploy the Nemesis, the Independance, and maybe an Odin to make some hit-and-run attacks near the rear of the Gigas, then bring in some Apothesis class for similar strikes from greater range.  Each ship jumps in near the rear of the SJ, fires for as long as it can until it either takes heavy dammage or the Gigas manages to swing around to bring its forward guns to bear, and warps out.  Each attack is designed to make enough of a ruckess to delay the Gigas from wherever its trying to go, until the Icanus can be brought to engage it.  These attacks can also be used to soften up the Gigas so the Icanus can finish it off.


The only point that they could attack the Gigas from would be inside its engine wash. Any other point and they'll probably get hit by several beams. The Independence would be a waste of time sending it up against it now, it doesn't have the firepower. But remember that the Gigas can carry the largest and most powerful Shivan bombers, so they wouldn't be totally safe under a swarm situation. They might get it down by 20% if they are lucky.

 

Offline Woomeister

  • Infyrno Missile
  • Moderator
  • 213
    • Inferno SCP
Quote
Originally posted by ZmaN
u sure about that?  oh wait thats right, you guys made the campaign....  how retarted of me  (im not being sarcastic)....  well, there is one thing....  the nemesis main beam cannons, shooting the giga from behind, for at least 30 seconds, it would do considerable damage.....


The Nemesis forward beam wouldn't do much damage, maybe 1-2% only the Icanus can hurt the Gigas in any way.

Quote
Originally posted by ZmaN
or maybe if you had a ton of destroyers, including two or three warlocks, the nemesis, a lindos class destroyer, one of those hathor ships (dont remember the type), and maybe some type of orion class destroyer, all around the giga, it would do alotta damage....  OH HOW I'D LOVE TO HAVE A MISSION LIKE THAT....  im gunna FRED one for myself...!!!!!  this is gunna be awesome...

I had a mission were an Odin lead a heavy strike against the Gigas for chapter 2 (R1 mod version) the fleet lasted about 45 seconds. Even the strongest super destroyer won't last 4-8 powerful beams hitting it at once.

The Apothess can't stay out of range either unless it comes in from behind, as the Gigas can attack ships at a greater distance.


Quote
Originally posted by ZmaN
oh that reminds me, can terran/vasudan ship nanojump like the nemesis?

No, and in R2 the EA haven't done any nanojumping. They have other cool things they can do with their engines ;7

 
Guys, if you're upset by how you don't get to kill Nemisis, haven't you realized it that perhaps the Nemisis is intended for another chapter?
"Do or do not, there is not try."

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.'

The Land of Dallan MMO - Coming Summer 2006

{SS}Infantry Clan Leader