Author Topic: Multiplayer Question  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Breezer

Hi everybody,

I would like to host a multiplayer game of TBP in a LAN Session without Internet access.

Everytime I try to start a session the program crashes right after the server setup screen ( before you select a mission ). It occured odd to me that after a clean reinstall without any mission in the mission directory the game does not crash. You cant select any mission of course.

I have not found any threads regarding such a problem and would be thankfull for a little advice.

If further information is needed let me know.

THX in advance,

Breezer

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I suspect that this is a build problem.

Go to the SCP forum and download FS2_Open 3.6.7. Install the build in your TBP folder and choose it with the launcher (The big browse button at the top of the launcher is used for this).

If you want to play Raider Wars again either download the latest RW patch from the sticky in this forum or select the original build in the launcher again.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 03:13:54 am by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Breezer

Yes, that helped.

If you read this and have the time, could you supply some links for designing multiplayer missions?

I´ll browse these forums and look for it, but if you have something ready at hand I woul appreciate ( spelling? ;) ) it.

THX,

Breezer

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
My FAQ has a whole bunch of FRED stuff you'll no doubt find useful.
Once you've mastered the basics make sure you double back and read those two tutorials by Cetanu. He's regarded as one of the best multiplayer mission designers so his insights should be especially useful to you.

I'd advise you to be very careful with the new SEXPs added by the SCP. Some of them work rather strangely in multiplayer. It's best to test them out before building a mission based around them only to find they don't work (Something I found out the hard way :rolleyes: )

A partial list of the new features can be found here
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]