Author Topic: Freespace zone  (Read 5875 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Mongoose
I don't really see how :v: releasing what would have happened in a FS3 would necessarily limit modders in any way.

Ask yourself how many post FS1 era campaigns have been released that ignore FS2's plot since FS2 came out?

It wouldn't devalue what already exists but it would limit most people as they would probably choose to follow on from the official :v: story instead of doing their own thing after the end of FS2.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
It'd **** me right over, that's for sure.  The only reason people would want to see the FS3 storyline, IMO, is because they either have no idea of their own, or because they - for some reason - think it'll 'vindicate' the storyline they've worked on.

Offline Axem

Personally I don't want to see how it ends. There's always something for leaving any possibility open. Closure sucks because its... the end.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Originally posted by karajorma

Ask yourself how many post FS1 era campaigns have been released that ignore FS2's plot since FS2 came out?

It wouldn't devalue what already exists but it would limit most people as they would probably choose to follow on from the official :v: story instead of doing their own thing after the end of FS2.

You're right about the FS1 campaigns, but the main difference here is that there wouldn't be any actual FS3; it would just be a bunch of storyline concepts.  I could see it possibly having some effect, but I don't think it'd be the same as if a full-fledged third game had been released.  Then again, I'm not, and most likely never will be, a FREDder, so I'm definitely not qualified to assume things about the creative process. :p

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by Charismatic
EDIT: I will stay loyal to FS2 forever. Il be the last one to ever fly, if worst comes to worst, even if everyone else stops flying eventually. I will be the last and final pilot.

don't get all sentimental dude, it's just a game. :p

not to offend anyone around here, that is. :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta