Author Topic: Echo and Narcissus - Demo mission  (Read 3708 times)

Offline Luigi30

Echo and Narcissus - Demo mission
I'm working on a campaign where Alpha 1 is given command of a GTC Fenris. So far I've got the introductory training mission (the command academy's final exam) working. Your job is to destroy the GTC Fenris, while keeping your hull integrity over 35. Bonus points for keeping it over 50% :)

FS2 Open 3.6 or greater required because retail doesn't let you fly capships.

Download - Updated 10/17 to v1.1

Controls:

[ beam-free-alls you.
] beam-lock-alls you.

Known Issues:

Warp out is buggy. The Fenris takes longer to warp out than a fighter, so the model isn't quite through the warp effect when it ends.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 10:04:25 pm by 2285 »

Offline Nuclear1

Demo mission for Fenris campaign
*raises hand*

Retail does let you fly capital ships.

*puts down hand, downloads mission*
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Luigi30

Originally posted by nuclear1
*raises hand*

Not without table haxoring.

Offline Nuclear1

True, but you still can.

At any rate, I'll be interested to see how this plays out.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
just don't run the mission in debug SCP, since it :censored:es about how the model doesn't have at least one main firepoint in the model.

also, you CAN fly as capships in retail even without table haxoring.

and the warpout isn't buggy, the game just recognizes your capship as a fighter and your speed doesn't go up to 400 m/s like AI capships. :p

on mine the deimos' ass is stuck outside the vortex when it closes. :D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 04:01:19 pm by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
    • http://www.freewebs.com/neo-terra
Very interesting idea :)

Send me a PM, I'd be interested in helping FRED the campaign with you .
Freespace 2: Neo-Terra - My Freespace 2 website that holds my completed FS2 campaigns.

Darkness Rising - Current campaign I'm working on.

Mission Designer for the Wing Commander Saga.

CURRENT PROJECT: Darkness Rising, WCS
COMPLETED PROJECTS: Neo-Terra, Unification Prequel, Solar Wars Chapter 1, Deep Blood, Return to Neo-Terra (Part 1).

Offline Luigi30

Originally posted by Cobra
and the warpout isn't buggy, the game just recognizes your capship as a fighter and your speed doesn't go up to 400 m/s like AI capships. :p

I had to add a force-jump to alt+j because it errored saying the Deimos can't make it to 40m/s!

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Actually, it will be quite hard getting the beam to fire on your target.

EDIT:
For example, If you want to fire at a target 2,000 km away, but not the current default-ai-shooting-at target thats 1,000 km away, you're out of luck.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 11:00:10 pm by 2397 »

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Hmmmm, I managed to destroy the opposing Fenris (which for some reason has the name 'Orff' on the side), andkept my hull above 50% (finished with 58%), and subsequently warped out... only to be told I didn't recieve a passing grade!

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by Dark RevenantX
Actually, it will be quite hard getting the beam to fire on your target.

EDIT:
For example, If you want to fire at a target 2,000 km away, but not the current default-ai-shooting-at target thats 1,000 km away, you're out of luck.

for my deimos mission i don't get that. :p

anyway, i'll try this out tomorrow. :)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Luigi30

Originally posted by Mefustae
Hmmmm, I managed to destroy the opposing Fenris (which for some reason has the name 'Orff' on the side), andkept my hull above 50% (finished with 58%), and subsequently warped out... only to be told I didn't recieve a passing grade!

That shouldn't happen. I'd better check my debriefings. I may have put a > instead of a <.

Offline Luigi30

Oh, and my best score is 39% :(

Offline Luigi30

Found the error and fixed. I added an extra debriefing stage for some reason and never filled it in. I filled it in, swapped the primary and secondary objectives, and fixed the bonus objective. Use same link as in first topic.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by nuclear1
*raises hand*

Yeah, but it has a tendency to crash when you start taking damage.
-C

Offline Luigi30

Started work on main campaign. Tentative name is "Echo and Narcissus."

When I try to load the mission, I get this:

Error: Invalid goal name.

In sexpression: ( and
   ( is-goal-true-delay
      ""
   )
   ( > ( hits-left "Alpha 1" ) 50 )
)
(Error appears to be: )
File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 4517

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------