Author Topic: Smart shields  (Read 922 times)

Offline watsisname

I was going through some of the options in the FS2 Open launcher, and one of them was "enable smart shields".  I was just wondering exactly what this does, as when I played with it on I didn't notice any difference.  There was no online help for that feature, and a search on the forums didn't yeild any direct results.  So uh... what exactly does it do?  
   Thanks in advance.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
As the announcement says, search is FUBAR'd right now, so I'm not suprised you couldn't find the documentation.  You'll notice the difference if you play through the training mission that teaches you about shield balance.  What it does is recharge depeleted quadrants faster if other quadrants are at full strength, which means that once a section has taken damage it tends to come back up faster.  It makes little difference if the shields are either hit only once or twice or are pounded into oblivion, which is the common case.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM