Author Topic: 3.6.8 Screenshots (WARNING: Not 56k friendly!)  (Read 83406 times)

Offline Fear

Re: 3.6.8 Screenshots (WARNING: Not 56k friendly!)
WHAT?!. Sure i appreciate all those new things . all i SAIED IT WASNT ENOUGH TO GET ME GO BACK TO FS2, from reasons i wont explaine to you or to anyone in this fourm, i asked simple question and expected simple answer, yet the one replay since i have been here, flames the hell out of me.

I will say that agian u have no right to judge me because you dont know anything which connected to wether i like those changes or not,i will repeat for you agian all i sayed it wasnt enough and besides i had no need to mention the last release i played , because it wasnt ur buissnes anyway, all you knew i could of played the last release and was just enthusiastic from the look of those hdr effects.Yet agian, you decided to flame , asking a  "rhetorical" question which you answerd in your mind(you assumed i havent play it for a while to notice the changes you mentioned), you came to conclusion i dont appreciate any of the hard work those guys have done, which is ofcurse false. i really dont know why the hell im trying to explaine to you ,the ignorant from both of us, why i asked this question.next time dont jump to conclusions.

Besides i didnt use the word hate in my post specially not hate anything about scp.Im not even angry just disappointed.

P.s sorry admin just had to replay ,wont do it agian.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
As will i not do it again either
BTW sorry fear
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Fear

:) its i who gave you the reason to be mad so need to be sorry.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
It's all good, what happened happened, were both man enough to admit guilt and say sorry.
In light of all this screenshot business with fake hdr.
I sent cobra the smartshader and the program to execute it.
But, he hasn't been able to get it working.
All he has for a graphics card is a radeon 9250.
And that's a card you need to have to be able to it:p
It's as simple as activate the program, and load the smartshader.
Something else may be going on but who knows.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Are his driver versions up to date enough?  That's always been an issue with "high end" features; they need driver support to work properly, if at all.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
He's got catalyst 6.4
I recommended he use the omega drivers
www.omegadrivers.net
Omega drivers are the pretty basic tweaked out driver set
But, it does let you load smartshaders manually, and set up a screenshot button to work whenever in a specified format in a specified directory all of your choosing
And that's what i used to make getting my screenshots easy :)
They have omega's for nvidia cards also
Omega's are good drivers
Believe me, a smartshader is not a very high end feature
Even if you don't have the ati ccc, in the control panel you can still load smartshaders
But, hdrish does not come with catalyst smartshaders
That's why you'll need to find a way to plop hdrish into the catalyst smartshader directory or something
Or what everyone else is doing, getting some other application to load the smartshader

However, i thought this would be funny
Old

New
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 07:44:41 pm by S-99 »

SMBFD

Offline aceofspades

• Janitor on a SJ Sathanas
Isn't that from the 'freespace ship threesome' set?
I wonder if the Shivans eat chocolate? Or play FS2, for that matter.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
The old hecate is from retail
The new one is from 3.6.8mvp's
What is the "freespace ship threesome" set?

SMBFD

:eek2: Holy Shizam that's hot.

I too recommend Omega drivers - they get an extra inch out of my pathetic laptop g-card.  (Sigh)
"You tell me, Pilot.  I'm informed on a need-to-know basis."

CLBE! - Command Let Bosch Escape!

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
LOL
NOTE TO OTHERS, if you have a card lower than a radeon 9500
YOU CAN'T DO HDRish SMARTSHADER
It's due mainly to the fact that there's 2 different versions of smartshaders
There are smartshaders for classes of radeon less than the 9500, like the 9250
The 9250 has pixer shader version 1.0, and another note on cards lower than the 9500 is the fact that they are only dx8.1 compliant, and not dx9 compliant(another part of the reason)
9500 and up has pixel shader version 2.0, which is what hdrish requires to work for those who have radeons here
Let's just say Cobra couldn't get hdrish to work on his radeon 9250 128 for his life
Yeah, he kept getting errors and slow performance trying to make it work
He's back to standard 6.4 cat's ;)

SMBFD

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
LOL
NOTE TO OTHERS, if you have a card lower than a radeon 9500
YOU CAN'T DO HDRish SMARTSHADER
It's due mainly to the fact that there's 2 different versions of smartshaders
There are smartshaders for classes of radeon less than the 9500, like the 9250
The 9250 has pixer shader version 1.0, and another note on cards lower than the 9500 is the fact that they are only dx8.1 compliant, and not dx9 compliant(another part of the reason)
9500 and up has pixel shader version 2.0, which is what hdrish requires to work for those who have radeons here
Let's just say Cobra couldn't get hdrish to work on his radeon 9250 128 for his life
Yeah, he kept getting errors and slow performance trying to make it work
He's back to standard 6.4 cat's ;)

WHEEW!! I gots a Radeon 9550! Is that a really good card :nervous: ?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
You need to fix your nameplates, just create a transparant 2X2 dds called Nameplate.dds, and it'll fix those.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
9500's are good cards, they're crippled versions of 9700's
In fact, you can soft mod a 9500 into a 9700
Or you can hardware mod it
Software mod is preferred, modding the card will activate the extra 4 pipelines which will double the memory bus alongside the already 4 active pipelines in the gpu
http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/guide13.html
However since you have a 9550, you can't do that
But you can however mod your 9550 into a 9600 with a bios mod which lets you overclock the **** out of the card
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=463
I don't know if this is necessary to be done today when you have things like omega's at your feet
The 9550 is a cut down version of a 9600, when you mod the bios it makes your 9550 into a 9600
As far as i'm concerned with the differences between a 9550 and a 9600 there was lower clock speeds for the 9550, and the 9550 has overclocking protection in the catalysts specifically for the 9550, i don't know if it has overclock protection in it's bios
The reason you can't soft mod a 9550 into a 9700 was because the 9550 doesn't have 4 extra dormant pipelines
And, how unfortunate for you thesizzler :( that you don't have a 9500 (i bet you wish you had one now)
That'd be a nice free upgrade for you man :)
But yeah the 9550 is a fine card, i use to own a 9600se, it was good
But, technically your 9550 is much better than an "se" card :)
Nothing wrong with 9600's, fine cards, except the se will only last you for about a year :sigh:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 02:16:13 am by S-99 »

SMBFD

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
bah, i have some awesome screenshots, but imageshack is really funky right now, i can't upload any pictures. :(
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
That sucks
i'll have to take some new ones soon:D

SMBFD

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Hallelujah, the imageshack server likes me again!

These first two were taken while i was playing the mission "Playing Judas" :D

A Demon-class destroyer just jumped in. It's the Eva!

Oh my God! It's the Lucifer!

Another Eva shot in the mission before the Lucifer destroys the Galatea.

I find this picture a powerful setting.

[EDIT] Forgot this one.

The Lucifer opens fire in Doomsday.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 05:36:12 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
I like the  picture with the typhon the most :)

SMBFD

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
what a coincidence, that's my favorite screenshot too :D

Offline ShivanSpS

I Have a Abit R9550, Guru, this come which the 9600XT core chip, and even come ehich an 9600 Standart bios... (this card have two bios, the normal one 9550, and the extreme one 9600 standart)... And the Vguru allow me to increase the v, so my card is overcloke dto 9600XT clocks 500/600, I cand overclock the core to 600 but is not use, the pipelines limit the FPS... Is a fine card, but, is not going to work which any of the game sthat come in september... not even in low... I have a +- 20 FPS in X3, and -+ 14 FPS in Oblidion... I updating to a 6800GS soon...

And I also use the Omega Drivers.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Yeah, that's the reason i didn't like the 9600 too much
It's a good card, but it was developed so it would be cheaper and just as fast as the higher end ones, one main area of being cheaper was the fact that it had a lot less pipelines
The 9600 really was a good card for the objective ati had it set for
Just, that it doesn't have any potential at all, like overclocking and other settings turned on at the same time without slowing it down and such

SMBFD