Author Topic: Slow downloads  (Read 3284 times)

Offline pc32435

Well the Mod is very impressive :) .... but i'm trying to download the extra campaign missions from the BitTorrent website. but they are sooooo slow im getting transfer rate of 2 Kbps :confused:  is something i set up wrong??? or anybody got an alternative locations?

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
    • Proxima Fleet
No surrender, no retreat.
https://proxima-fleet.com/

Offline Vash

there are also not to many seeders on the bittorrent. this means that ur download wil never go very fast. and i believe the tracker will go offline soon so after that ur torrents won't download at all as far as i know. (it's says that on the site where the torrents r located). so i think u have more luck at the fileplanet link in the other post

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
    • Proxima Fleet
FileDomain. :p

And true, TBP-BT will close 1st Nov.

Offline Vash

oh, filedomain, that's what i meant :lol:

Offline CaptJosh

Actually, with a good client, they have DHT which enables torrents to be xferred even without trackers.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Which remainds me, I should remove tbp-bt.com from official download list.

Offline pc32435

thats be useful. Also i've taken a look at the mission editor, this kinda of a noob question how do i actully place objects into it (ships) because i can't see to get it ...:nervous:

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
press [crtl] (english keyboard) when you want to place sth.... Will turn into a reflex after a while
there is a special TBP freding-maual....
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 01:37:19 pm by 3121 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It seems odd at first you soon realise that you'd be adding ships by mistake all the time otherwise.

There are a couple of walkthroughs for FRED in the Freddocs folder. Once you've done them consider taking a look at the FRED Academy to help teach you beyond that.

It's well worth it too. Primus got himself a place on the TBP team off the back of that :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline pc32435

« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 04:39:26 pm by 3205 »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
If you're stuck on stuff the walkthrough doesn't cover take a look at my FAQ. It cover a hell of a lot of next step stuff from immediately after you've done the walkthrough
  (There's also some more advanced FS2_Open stuff there too so don't feel too overwhelmed if you don't understand everything. There are some people who've been FREDding for years and still don't use some of the stuff I've got up there :) )

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
    • Proxima Fleet
Originally posted by karajorma

It's well worth it too. Primus got himself a place on the TBP team off the back of that :)

I was kidnapped by the team! :shaking:

J/K But it's really worth it. Trust me. :nod:

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
I bet (actually, I don't) that his favorite ship is the Centauri Primus Battlecruiser.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
    • Proxima Fleet
Hehe. You'd think so, wouldn't you? :p But nope. It's OCD.

My name comes from Transformers. :D

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Shouldn't it be "Prime" then?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline pc32435

Originally posted by karajorma
If you're stuck on stuff the walkthrough doesn't cover take a look at my FAQ. It cover a hell of a lot of next step stuff from immediately after you've done the walkthrough
  (There's also some more advanced FS2_Open stuff there too so don't feel too overwhelmed if you don't understand everything. There are some people who've been FREDding for years and still don't use some of the stuff I've got up there :) )

Looks good, also do we have a surrport form about FRED so instance, question or problume

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Closest thing you have to that is HLP's Freespace Modding forum.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
    • Proxima Fleet
@IP
No. I didn't take my name from Optimus Prime, but Primus, the creator, "god" of transformers.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by IPAndrews
Closest thing you have to that is HLP's Freespace Modding forum.

Actually the campaigns forum is generally considered the FRED one :)

General shop talk discussing campaigns, FRED included.

:)

More FREDders tend to hang out on that forum than modding so you'll get a quicker responce there too.