Author Topic: what to do after campaign  (Read 1448 times)

Offline nall

what to do after campaign
i knowtest that many people in this comunity have been here for ages... so what do you guys do after the main campiagn.... or do you guys just play the main mission a billion times..

also.. is it posible to play over lan with scp... and can i play the campaign in multiplayer.. that would be really cool..
signature? ...i left my wits at home!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You mean you haven't tried any mods! :eek2:

Read me first

Then try clicking on peoples Avatars to see what's available.

Inferno has had a release that is well worth trying :) MG is still in development so you can't try that.

I'd recommend Skippy's campaign list but it was down 5 minutes ago when I tried it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 01:45:07 pm by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

This does not belong in the SCP forum, FYI.

Off course, you can play LAN. (Well, on most builds, it has issues at times, I have a build that works, farely recent.) Internet multiplayer is not yet/no longer working, since PXO went down for FS2 retail, and Inquisitor hasn't yet setup the SCP server. There are tons of user made campaigns out there, I sugest Derelict (nearly no MODs, great story), Homesick(ditto, though I'm stuck halfway and too busy to continue), DEM (satire, but great fun), and some more. Info can also be found in the wiki.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Moved.

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Homesick and Derelict are the best so far. Inferno's release 1 suffered from instability - at least with me - and sometimes had "bigger = better" attitude problem. I still enjoyed it a lot, though Homesick is much more moody and Derelict's plot is often even better than Main Campaign's. AFAIK Homesick runs without additional MODs, but Derelict must be installed as Kara's link tells you to. Otherwise you will face pretty horrible oddities as you switch back to vanilla campaign.
Sol: A History is also worth a try and thumbs, as soon as you've played and finished Inferno R1. Check out FS Port also, if you haven't had a chance to play the original Great War.

And if you start FREDding, play Deus Ex Machina. Gives you ideas of... well, what NOT to do. :D
lol wtf

I like Pandoras Box and Independence Warriors Campaign.

Unholy Alliance and Warzone are great, too. But UA is incomplete:(
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Technological Superiority was the best I played (maybe on the same level as Derelict) but it was never completed (that I know of) :(
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Heck, play FreeSpace Port if you have had a chance to play the Great War.  It's still a great game, and it looks better than ever.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Warzone and the Port are indeed good camps as well.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Till you get to rank of Supreme Admiral of The Universe :p

Actually you MUST try Inferno and Babylon5 they are AWESOME!

The original RT mod is fun to mess with but you have to Fred everything yourself, it IS an outstanding toolbox though!
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
We mod. :)
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.