Author Topic: Couple of problems with 3.6  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Arculis

Couple of problems with 3.6
Hi, I got a new graphics card and processor the other day, so I thought I'd download FS2Open and try it out. After fiddling with the settings a bit, I've got it running except that there are two very notable problems.

1) There are weird blue lines around a lot of the menu graphics, and when animations play in hangar part, they seem to offset funny. Also, a lot of the graphics in the action part of the game are messed up, like the little circles that represent your wingmates, they look like distorted squares. And some of the other things, such as the afterburner bar, get distorted when they're actively doing something.

2) The mouse and some other things are messed up. For some reason, if I try to drag a ship or weapon in the setup screens, the object being dragged doisn't aligned with the mouse. I have similar problems with some of the little arrows and such running around on the cockpit interface, they're not in the right places and they seem like they're trying to follow something, but they're not aiming at it properly. Also, sometimes when I try to select certain items in the ship selection or loadout screens, it will highlight them when I mouse-over them, but it won't let me select them, even though they're available.

I have no experience with this and didn't see anything useful in the FAQ (which I haven't much experience with either). Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Oh, and I'm using the HotU version.  And my graphics card as an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 if that matters.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Turn off -pcx32 (It's called enable 32bit textures in launcher 5.0) To solve problem 1
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Actually for problem 1 I turned off the Multi Sampling and it worked.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
either one of those two options will fix it, there is a problem with 32 bit pcx decodeing and anti-aliasing
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah. But I figured that Anti-aliasing was the one he should keep :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Arculis

The other stuff works, but no solution for improperly aligned mouse stuff at high resolution?

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Are you using a non-standard resolution? (Anything besides 640x480 and 1024x768)
-C

Offline Arculis

Using 1024x768. When you click and drag stuff in the loadout, they stuff you're draging is in a position relative to where it would be were it 640x480 resolution. But since its not, the mouse is once place, and the object is another. Something similar seems to be happening the little arrows and such that appear on the ship interface, which are supposed to be telling you the direction of the enemy ships.