Author Topic: "Firstones Alliance - Shadows war" - current events  (Read 17809 times)

Offline -Norbert-

Re: "Firstones Alliance - Shadows war" - current events
I really don't like the minbari ships form B5Wars. You did a good job on them, but I hate the design of them.
Minbari ships are supposed to be sleek and elegant. Not some kind of mishappen ballfish.

And the Soulhunter ships looks somehow odd. I can't really tell why, maybe it's just the camera angle or the color of the cockpit.

In which time is your Campaign supposed to happen? The shadow war with Sheridan or Valen or even further back?

I really can't wait to see that ship of the walkers of sigma 957 ingame.

Re: "Firstones Alliance - Shadows war" - current e
I was gonna ask the same; whats the timeframe. All looks class though!

And, Aspirin, has your English improved alot? Don't take that as an insult, I just seem to remember you being alot less fluent when I downloaded the last relese.
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

Good god almighty. Is it Christmas already?

I think TBP should accept those ships as its own. I can understand that many people don't care too much for them, but still they may not use them in their own campaigns. More ships is always good.

What Aspirin and Maverick have made is basically most of the things seen on the TV, and thus completed the job of TBP team that has been happening for many many years.

At this rate, pretty soon it will be difficult to find ships UNDONE. And that is no small feat.
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
At this rate, pretty soon it will be difficult to find ships UNDONE. And that is no small feat.

True.  However, I'll believe that statement when I see someone do the Void Seeker warships. (Not trying to pressure or force anybody into making anything, just stating a belief :D ).

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I do think it's a shame Asprin and his colleagues don't choose to work more closely with the TBP team. That said I do have differing views on some of the ships. Generally speaking I'm all for including ships on a "use them or don't" basis but that said some of the ones above are just a bit too bizarre. The Torvalus, Advanded Drakh Raider, and Hybrid Soul hunter ship all look pretty ridiculous IMHO. The rest though are fair enough and as long as they have good LOD models (they are extremely high poly) then I'd like to see them included in the core.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Well, IP, I suggest that the FO (not VE or SH) ships should be given a bit of a leeway in terms of polys. I mean, they're not going to show up much, and even then, they should be kind of a centrepiece to the whole thing.

Offline Manunkind

• Ummm...
Awesome work, Asprin! Can't wait to see all those ships ingame!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
ships should be given a bit of a leeway in terms of polys. I mean, they're not going to show up much

Well like I said, as long as they have decent LOD models. If they were really important models the poly wastage (and let's be clear about this, it is wastage in some cases) would be more of an issue.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Asprin

Sorry for delay, there were some problems with the server (AGAIN :(). Now, as TBP is interesting in this
models it's no another way except the LOD. Some models were lodded, here is list:

Shadow Heavy Assault
  Level1 - 596 polys
  Level2 - 396 polys
  Level3 - 196 polys

Shadow Carrier
  Level1 - 1,115 polys
  Level2 - 1,000 polys
  Level3 - 924 polys

Shadow Chaser
  Level1 - 696 polys
  Level2 - 596 polys
  Level3 - 196 polys

Shadow Light Assault
  Level1 - 796 polys
  Level2 - 596 polys
  Level3 - 195 polys

Shadow Heavy Fighter
  Level1 - 796 polys
  Level2 - 596 polys
  Level3 - 196 polys

Shadow Interceptor
  Level1 - 996 polys
  Level2 - 596 polys
  Level3 - 196 polys

Drakh Advanced Rider
  Level1 - 436 polys
  Level2 - 325 polys
  Level3 - 152 polys

Soul Hunter
  Level1 - 1026 polys
  Level2 - 416 polys
  Level3 - 320 polys

if this is ok i think you should send Trivial Psychic the models, he will do first steps to put them in core TBP.

So, are this data ok?

Other models are under recunstruction, there were find out some geometrical errors.
QuantreTech Studios

are these all models that are LODed?
what about the minbari and first one ships?

if they are not LODed i guess you should send me the files so i could LOD them properly :)

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Re: "Firstones Alliance - Shadows war" - current e
Having successfully incorporated 8k poly asteroids into the game, I for one think that the polycounts are fine as long as that's the in-game polycount and not a quad count.  People are still far too attached to the ultra-low poly levels, when in fact the engine is well beyond them.  The big question is the number of textures, as that's what dominates performance.

As for the shadow ships, they are a little too vertically-oriented for shadows, IMHO, but that's really the only major flaw I see in them.  And as TBP is running on a fighter sim, having more things to actually fly around against can't be a bad thing, can it?
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Asprin

what about the minbari and first one ships?
All first ones models have ONE SERIOUS ERROR that do not allow them to work correct in game, now i'm working about it.

if they are not LODed i guess you should send me the files so i could LOD them properly

Shall do it during current day... Oh...and where exactly, i can't see your e-mail address in profile.

I do think it's a shame Asprin and his colleagues don't choose to work more closely with the TBP team.
Huh...Wait a second....What mean - shame.... :( We tried to work more closely with the TBP team. Do you remember events at old forum? Do you remember bluestar? Do you remember "Ship_Pack_1". All what we could, we made, but remained unnoticed and as the result our team could stop existence.... (It was very difficult to me to not permit it). We're not vainglorious, we wanted to work more closely with the TBP team, but TBP team ignored us up to this moment.

Well, there were emotions only. Sorry. We still believe that working WITH and FOR TBP Team and for all B5 fans.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 09:34:56 pm by Asprin »
QuantreTech Studios

I'm eargerly awaiting the Walker of Sigma 957, I've got a mission all planned out involving it.

Offline Asprin

Model is almost ready. Abigale is still working under textures.
QuantreTech Studios

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Its a shame the firstones models had problems in game, they looked so sweet and awsome..
Will the new models look as good as the old ones?
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline Asprin

Of course they will. :)
QuantreTech Studios

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Ah, cool, great.. .

Glad to see its comming along, and it has come a long way at that..

I`ll be waiting for the download with anticipation.
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
What to say more - you did great work on those ships...!
(Hopes my old PC doesn't crumble when playing WDF or TBP :) )
I hope both your team and the TBP staff will now work more together...
At that rate there won't be many ships left to make soon...;7
"Another fellow pilot"

sorry asprin, my email is [email protected], send everything you got i will have a look at it.

i am sorry to hear that you had problems in the past with the tbp team, but it is under new managemant, maybe you have another try. i myself would be willing to work with you together in things like modeling texturing, LODing and all modeling stuff. we could share our work and make life much easier for both of us ;)
though we have to get to a good polycount standard, as tbp doesnt want to be played only at high end machines...

Nice!!!!!  Soon all ships will be complete and comming up with stories will be top priority.  Good work TBP teams!!!!!!!