Author Topic: RELEASE - Just Another Day 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 42452 times)

Offline Axem

Re: RELEASE - Just Another Day 2: Electric Boogaloo
As bad as it sounds, try restarting the campaign. I've found sometimes after I changed the campaign file I had to restart it for there to be any change.

I was using the default explosions (the ugly reddish ones, was going to replace them with the purdy blue ones), and the funny thing was it worked a couple of times, but then locked up later in the mission...

I'll try downloading the VPupdates and see if it effects it at all, and try the blue shockwaves... dunno.
Eddie Guerrero R.I.P. 1967-2005

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
Oh Dear...
This was hilarious. 
Thanks for continuing the series, you just made the rest of my week!

It's working. Forgot about the table file I had edited (Yes, I'll test out models in the posistion of the Shivan Comm Node. Like I'll ever need that...) :p

Very fun so far, very fun.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: RELEASE - Just Another Day 2: Electric Boogalo
Must...find...free...time...to...play...JAD2...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Not being able to search I'll post this one here. JAD SE appears to have a bug in it. I decided to play JAD first since I'd never got beyond mission 2 when it was released but

Spoiler:
on the mission after the disco inferno, after the saths jumped in I was prevented from leaving but nothing was moving.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Axem

I'll take a look at the mission. Does anything happen after they arrive? What's about the last message received?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
They arrive and sit there with a speed of 0. I fought the fighters normally but once they were all dead I had nothing to do (Except for ordering the Corvette and cruiser to attack one of the Saths. You might think about changing that one! :) )

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Spoiler:
Is the YMCA music supposed to only play one time through? It cuts out for me when the view shifts to show the ships spelling out Y-M-C-A and then there's no music the rest of the mission. And this was the case on both the 9/20 and 11/17 builds.

Problems aside, that mission had me laughing like crazy! That has to be the most explosions I've ever seen at one time. :lol:

Offline Axem

kara: Did the Inqusition show up? If not then there's a problem with that arrival, which I'll have to fix.

Fenrir: Yes, "it" is only supposed to run through once. I'll check to see why there's no music afterward.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The inquisition came and went.

Offline Axem

Maybe you sequence broke something. :p I'll have to take a close look at my chained sexps. Sounds like something goofed up the massive beam free all cue.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
are they all beam-freed at the start or are they beam-freed at a specific time? because there IS the option of beam-free-alling the ships by default in the mission specs window. :) :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Axem

I don't want them to beam free all right away. The Inqusition demands silence while delivering their edicts!

But that did give me an idea to look into it. The beam-free-all commands are chained to something that's chained to some other event. Something might be going wrong somewhere in there. So now the beam free alls are now triggered when the Inqusition leaves, which hopefully should look the same.

http://www.game-warden.com/narfin/campaigns/axm_jad4.fs2

Try this one out and see if it works or not.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I got the plot info error so i downloaded the fix. it worked. I just tried to click on the "The Wizard Did It" briefing icon and FSO froze, tried to CTD, got an XP error message, FSO maximized, and the music got stuck in 3 second loops and froze. :(
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Oh my god, how i could miss it...

I downloaded the latest SCP build, and it worked fine.  WOOT!

It was great, funny as usual!

Spoiler:
YMCA! YMCA!

Eddie Guerrero R.I.P. 1967-2005

Offline Luigi30

Nothing happens after
Spoiler:
FRED2 calls destroy-universe,
it just stays faded to white. Should something be happening there?

Offline Axem

Cop-out answer: Duh no. That's your punishment for not making it to the twirly time thing. :p

Real Answer:
Spoiler:
Approximately 200 seconds after killing FRED2: Absolute, a supernova with a zero second timer should activate and destroy you. The zero there may be the problem.

Hopeful fix: This one's for you, skip.

Offline Luigi30

Cop-out answer: Duh no. That's your punishment for not making it to the twirly time thing. :p

Real Answer:
Spoiler:
Approximately 200 seconds after killing FRED2: Absolute, a supernova with a zero second timer should activate and destroy you. The zero there may be the problem.

Hopeful fix: This one's for you, skip.

The twirly time thing blew itself up as soon as it spawned for me!