Author Topic: RELEASE - Just Another Day 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 42449 times)

Offline Axem

RELEASE - Just Another Day 2: Electric Boogaloo
THIS CAMPAIGN HAS BEEN RERELEASED! PLEASE GO HERE TO PLAY AN EVEN BETTER VERSION!

IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH WHITING OUT TOO FAST LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST!

Because there's ALWAYS room for a sequel!

For anyone who hasn't played the first one, here's a link to Just Another Day: Special Edition 2 (now with ogg goodness). There's some carry over from the first one, so be warned.

This one is quite different from the first, in that the title has a 2 at the end, and the subtitle, Electric Boogaloo appended to it. The rest is just stolen missions from Blackwater Plumbing Operations, Seasick, The Aeolus Affair (Rated NC17), and the lost campaign of The Scroll of Machina Neo-Terra... Project... 12... Reimagined. So get ready!

Campaign Description
This new and amazing campaign answers the question, what happened to Bosch, and just what ARE the Shivans? In addition some other stuff happens but you switch sides to battle a corrupt and evil government! The fate of the GTVA rests on your shoulders.

Just another day, right?

YOU

ARE

STILL

ALPHA

ONE!
[/size]

So yeah. It is.

Prepare for MORE the following!

- MORE plotholes!
- MORE copyright infringements!
- MORE references to Disco Music!
- MORE the power of ETAM, the next-next-generation of ETAK! (ok, maybe not)
- MORE God*!
- MORE unexpected twist endings!
- MORE AND MORE!

*MORE God may still not be God, your God may vary.

Notes
Okay, it's a first release, and mind you I did all the testing by myself (not good I know), so there are bound to be spelling mistakes and some errors with stuff. Let me know so I can fix it as soon as I can!

And I'm sorry to say its SCP only. I just can't not take advantage of all the cool stuff they've put in! It should work with anything post 3.6.7., although I myself had problems with 3.6.7, but your milage (or kilometerage) may vary.

Screenshots
FreeSpace likes taking pictures of cyan right now, so here's a mystery pic from Game Warden.
Censored Mystery Pic
Uncensored Mystery Pic

Download Link
Of course you skipped over all that text just to find this.

Go see the link at the very top to play the rereleased version!

Enjoy!

FAST FADE TO WHITE SOLUTION
Do not use Direct3D as a renderer! Use OpenGL!
In the Video Tab, select OpenGL in the Graphics dropdown.
Direct3D is outdated and only OpenGL is being supported.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:36:52 pm by Axem »

Re: RELEASE - Just Another Day 2: Electric Boogalo
OMFG!

I played the first one and i loved it, i'm gonna give it a try to this one too.
MSN/E-Mail: [email protected]

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
the third mission (the one where the Vasudans come in) is a wee bit too hard (too many fightesr and caps shooting at ya), so far its good... :(
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Oh noes!!! :eek:

Crap, now I'll have to step up production of DEM II.  I was hoping to have it done before this came out. :p

EDIT: What was the crashing sexp in mission 5 of JAD 1?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 01:38:30 am by Goober5000 »

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Electric boogaloo! Best campaign name ever! :D
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Axem

Re: RELEASE - Just Another Day 2: Electric Boogaloo
Singh: I wanted to have that "Terran" destroyer destroyed as soon as possible, so that might've spilled over into you getting pummelled too. I probably tweak that.

Goober: Haha! :p

There was some problem with the player-not-use-ai or something. You even PM'd me to see if I could not use it. Which I eventually did, and nothing was really lost.

i finish the campaign, and it was funnys as hell, nice job...........

Offline Nuclear1

Brilliantly done! :lol:

Spoiler:
And Axem continues his crazy tradition of music in-game... with YMCA!
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Kie99

Spoiler:
I loved the disco mission, the fighter shapes were excellent.  Very funny campaign.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I have a problem with a mission.

Spoiler:
That YMCA mission where Not Derek Smart appears - when it fades it allways failed.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Axem

Can you give a bit of a better description? How do you mean it failed? What build are you using?

I have a problem with a mission.

Spoiler:
That YMCA mission where Not Derek Smart appears - when it fades it allways failed.

I got this to.  At the end of the mission the screen fades out while chatting to (mumblemumble2) and then all I get is a "no debriefing for mission blah blah..." with the mission failed music.  Clicking accept brings up the "you have failed this mission" box.  I got past it by finding amusing ways to kill myself.  I am using the 20051107-Optimized build.
Find me as Hojo Norem elsewhere...

butter_pat_head... a name picked in sheer desperation more than 10 years ago from some super obscure Red Dwarf reference.

Offline Axem

How odd.

Spoiler:
There IS no debreifing for that mission, it should cut right the the next mission afterwards. But I probably messed something up with the campaign advancement... :(

EDIT: I think I found the problem, updated fc2 file uploaded, its right under the campaign link. If it works, I'll update the vp later tonight
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 05:36:30 pm by Axem »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, I was just about to post that.  There's a bug in the campaign file:

Code: [Select]
$Mission: Axm_jad2-4.fs2
+Flags: 0
+Main Hall: 0
+Formula: ( cond
   (
      ( and
         ( is-previous-event-true
            "Axm_jad2-4.fs2"
            "Fade out"
         )
         ( is-previous-event-true
***         "axm_jad2-1.fs2"
            "Mission6_Yes"
         ) 
      )
      ( next-mission "axm_jad2-65535.fs2" )
   )
   (
      ( and
         ( is-previous-event-true
            "Axm_jad2-4.fs2"
            "Fade out"
         )
         ( is-previous-event-true
            "axm_jad2-4.fs2"
            "Mission6_No"
         ) 
      )
      ( next-mission "axm_jad2-5.fs2" )
   )
   ( ( true ) ( next-mission "Axm_jad2-4.fs2" ) )
)

+Level: 3
+Position: 0
The starred line should have 2-4, not 2-1.

Offline Axem

That's exactly what I changed too. :)

That's what I get for copying and pasting too quickly I guess.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
FS2's refusing to even load the first mission with every build I try...it appears to be looking for something called [#Plot Info] and not finding it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Axem

That's... really weird. :wtf: I've never seen anything like that. Some new field for campaigns and/or missions? I have no idea how to fix that right now. Anyone else know anything about this "Plot Info"?

Offline Nuclear1

FS2 was notorious for doing this with Desperation Ch. 2 as well. All I did was go into FRED and copy/paste the Plot Info fields from a generic FS2 mission into the problematic file and it usually ran well after that.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Axem

Okaaay... I did what you said and copy and pasted the Plot Info from a retail mission. Must be some new strict parsing rules in the builds. VP's been updated with new missions and fixed campaign file.

Are....

You....

Serious????

****DownloadsImmediately****
Eddie Guerrero R.I.P. 1967-2005