Author Topic: warpout bug  (Read 4657 times)

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
i'm running FSO using this build and the ships (including my own) don't dissapear when they warp out, they just go right through the portal and carry on. the mission still ends, so it's not a big deal, but i was wondering if this is a known problem or what. If you need, i can post my sysspecs and FSO options.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Are you by chance using an nVidia GeForce 2 or 4?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I've seen this problem reported before. IIRC the CVS builds in the SCP recent builds subforum should cure it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
I'm using a geforce 4.  is that a problem?

I'll try those recent builds and get back to yu when i get a chance.....
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Yeah, that's a problem.  This is actually a very old bug that's been there since the early days of HTL.  It's a card limitation, unfortunately, so you're sort of stuck with that.  If it bothers you too much, turn off -glow.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
I think the problem doesn't appear if you're using OpenGL.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
I turned off -glow and it works now. I didn't wanna use OpenGl because it's nicer to have hardware-based graphics instead of software-based ones. Anyways, thanks for all your help!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
If OpenGL isn't using hardware-based graphics, it must be incredibly efficient to be running using software emulation - it runs smoother and can even look nicer than Direct3D.
-C

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
it does. it works like a charm for me. :D

D3D = Carries on
OGL = Disappear into portals
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
I'm seeing people discussing OGL and implying it's a software rendering system.

'Tis not.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

i had to use the opengl, cause my memory card can't handle the Direct3D....

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
What the...I thought it was made clear long ago that D3D barely even works on FSO anymore, and on top of that, openGL looks better on FSO anyway.  And like they said, any decent card should be able to do opengl in software.  Wherever anyone got the idea that opengl would be software only is nuts, unless it's because something doesn't work and it's have to do a software fallback.  I've had that happen before, but not with FSO.  OpenGL has always looked great for me on any card.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline neoterran

There's all kinds of myths and rumors about OpenGL, and i'm sure microsoft encourages it...
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Jesus Christ people, stop resurrecting 2 year old threads!
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Aw crap.  Well that's what people get for linking it in IRC.  I didn't check the date and just assumed it was recent.  My bad.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline WMCoolmon

What the...I thought it was made clear long ago that D3D barely even works on FSO anymore

I haven't seen any news posts or official statements or big obvious letters in the readme or even a stickied thread about it. I don't see a word about it in the official release thread.

It may be widely known among people that follow the SCP, but anyone just getting started would probably be totally clueless.
-C

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Aw crap.  Well that's what people get for linking it in IRC.  I didn't check the date and just assumed it was recent.  My bad.

:necro:

This thread is really embarrassing:
I turned off -glow and it works now. I didn't wanna use OpenGl because it's nicer to have hardware-based graphics instead of software-based ones. Anyways, thanks for all your help!

:snipe:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 07:51:56 pm by Turey »

Offline WMCoolmon

-C

Offline Turey

• Installer dude

:lol:

Admins: can we get this to be the :necro: image? Just like :welcome:?  ;7

EDIT: HA!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 07:49:00 pm by Turey »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Isn't it already?

On a personal note, I'd like it if the text were vertically centered and as close to the :welcome: font size as possible, but that's just me. :)