Author Topic: IT'S DESTROYED!!!  (Read 51341 times)

Offline wEvil

• The Other Good Renderer
    • http://www.andymelville.net
there are worse things than terrorists around.

did you know the caldera volcano under yellowstone park is moving UP by about 5ft/year?

oh..and we're due for an asteroid impact in the next 10,000 years i think.

------------------
I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!!

Has anyone claimed responsibility yet?

You just don't do crap like this without a reason...
I told you that It would be done by November, well, mostly anyway...

I'm working on something new... shhhhh, it's a seceret.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Sort of puts things in perspective.....it's basically the sum of all fears for most, if not all, of the people in the free world.

But no number of bombs of bullets can quash the human spirit....cities may fall, lives may be lost, but freedom will always prevail.

High officials for the Al Quaida group headed by fugitive Saudi terrorist Osama bin Ladenhave now denied responsibility for the attack...

WHO THE HELL DID THIS!!!

YOU JUST DON'T DO THIS CRAP UNLESS YOU

A) want the attention (by now SOMEONE would have claimed responsability)

B) is part of a larger operation (god, I hope not...)
I told you that It would be done by November, well, mostly anyway...

I'm working on something new... shhhhh, it's a seceret.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT

Originally posted by Kazan:
last i heard we're at DefCon 2

Almost a state of war i hope they don't go to DefCon 1

------------------

------------------
                          [email protected]                        Staff member of
SOC Inferno,
can you defeat
the shivans?  
Soc Inferno

Project Rebellion
Gost of the past
iqc 102628858
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Crazy_Ivan80

• Node Warrior
i know how much everyone wants to know who did it and such (I do too), but have ever contemplated this?
The group that did this act of barbarism mich not make itself known... an invisible enemy is much more fearsome than an enemy you know, because what you know can be traced and what can be traced can be killed
You all know the ancient beliefs concerning names...
...To know ones name is to have power over that person...
It came from outer space! What? Dunno, but it's going back on the next flight!
Proud member of Hard Light Productions. The last, best hope for Freespace...
:ha:

Offline Unidan

• http://unidan.stickserv.net/
I just got home. EVERY channel on TV is talking about this. NONE of the channels are talking about the plane headed for Camp David. NBC and ABC have the latest news. It's horrific, hundreds of people are being taken to hospitals, there are many buildings burning and collapsing, many schools here in Connecticut are being shut down, there are many more targets that people suspect may be hit such as Disneyworld the Space Needle and the White House. Casulties estimated in the thousands. I saw the 767 hit the WTC Live! They were just talking about the first plane hitting, and then the second on hit. At 3rd period I had Word Processing, the whole period we just checked all the news sites. Then we got the news... they collapsed. I also saw Bush's short press conference. I just heard Britain has just stopped all flights. Government urges all US Nuclear power plants to go on high alert. And a nurse was at St. Vincents hospital e-mailing her husband who works at the WTC when the planes hit. They e-mailed back and forth telling each other they were fine. He stopped e-mailing, she then looked out the window, it collapsed... Heart breaking  

I have but one thing to say to those ****ING
TERRORISTS!!!: You will pay for your crimes with your lives! The US will hunt you down and kick your ASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
My E-Mail=     [email protected]    

If Indiana Jones and Han Solo were in a fight... who would win?

If you figure out what this number means you win a prize :D
26724 2337

I am the Parser Breaker!!!
I'll think of a siggie later..

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
I would have liked to have seen Bush's conference
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
Even here they've had an extra 5-minute news broadcast between every program on every channel.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
We have it on all chanels,exept for cartoon and music broadcasts.

------------------

------------------
SOC Inferno,
can you defeat
the shivans?  
Soc Inferno

Project Rebellion
Gost of the past
iqc 102628858
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
That many lives wasted... Will one be able to trace down the entire life of any of all those people who died today? They all had families, and years of memories... They were young, before, they were... They died for something they don't even know, and that for my part I can't understand. I don't know who decided that, and I don't care. NOTHING can excuse that. I'm just... sad ...
SCREW CANON!

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
288 passengers died in total,28 service people on the plane and 8 pilots

------------------

------------------
SOC Inferno,
can you defeat
the shivans?  
Soc Inferno

Project Rebellion
Gost of the past
iqc 102628858
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Sorry to have been away dudes. We don't have a TV at home, so I went over to a neighbors house to watch.

Bunch of stuff I want to comment on:

Originally posted by Eternal One:
I think this is Bin Laden's doing....too organized and way too arrogant to be a Palestinian faction.

That's pretty much the consensus here, too. He's the only one with the ability to organize things this well.

Originally posted by jonskowitz:
Hey Kazan, If they start the draft I'll likely be there with you.  After all, a former Army Sergeant with combat experience is probably pretty high on the 'recall' list as well young, strapping boys with a reason to fight.

...And I'm a former IDF Staff Sgt. in Combat Engineering. If there's an Israeli/some-nation war, I'm in the very front lines. :-/

Originally posted by joek:
I've been trying to think about what starts all this... bear with me...

Terrorists attack the US...
... because they hate Americans... (why?)
... because America's military involvement in the Middle East... (why?)
... because America wants to make sure the oil keeps flowing.

Is that it? All because of oil we shove our might around over there making these people hate us and then terrorist attack us? Is that it?

Or is it something else... I don't understand.

Joe.

Lemme put some things straight, and consider yourself forewarned, this gets kinda spiritual (Kazan, you are perfectly free to think whatever you want, but don't dare to put down anyone for their religious beliefs!) :

Islamic nations are called such because they have a predominant religon: Islam. Islam teaches that it is OK to lie in order to further Allah's purposes (from the Koran). Graffiti in Bethlehem states: "First the Saturday people, then the Sunday people!" Saturday being the Jewish holy day, the Sabbath, and Sunday being the Christian equivalent. Make your own conclusions.

Now, I am Jewish. I am also Christian. I hate Islam, but I do not hate Muslims. How can this be? Islam is the spirit behind the hatred of the majority of the Arab nations towards the Jews and Christians. I believe the driving "force" behind Islam to be the devil. He has decieved millions of people with his lies, and now you all can plainly see the results. Muslims are decieved people; had you or I been born to a muslim family, we would undoubtably have followed the path of Islam. I thank God that I wasn't.

Originally posted by PhReAk:
Afghanistan has done this for the past three years even though we know they're lying.

As I said above, Islam teaches that to lie is not only perfectly acceptable, but even to be desired, if it furthers Allah's cause.

I hope now that the US and the world will wake up and see, among many other things, the position Israel has been forced into. Surrounded on all sides, under attack from within and without. If the world had it's way, our hands would be tied. We would absorb the bombings and the shootings, and sit down and talk to murderers and killers.

Can anyone right now imagine in his wildest dreams the US sending a message to the perpretrators (sp?) of these attacks
on the US: "Come, sit down and let us negotiate our problems."?!?

For those of you who don't know, I live in a southern neighborhood of Jerusalem called Gilo. Heard of it, have you? Anyway, my father came up with an "interesting" bumpersticker for distribution in the US: "I'd rather live in Gilo!"

I do feel a bit hesitant about posting that bumpersticker idea, as it can be seen as quite insensitve, but I think that I can "get away" with it, considering where I live. :-/

For my last statement, I shall say this:

"America, stand assured that we in Israel truly understand what you are going through."

------------------
"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Building 5 and 7 around the WTC (whats left of it) are on the verge of collapsing.

------------------

------------------
SOC Inferno,
can you defeat
the shivans?  
Soc Inferno

Project Rebellion
Gost of the past
iqc 102628858
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Originally posted by darkage:
Almost a state of war i hope they don't go to DefCon 1

My father just said that it is supposed to be ThreatCon and they are using letters.
Right now we are at ThreatCon D which is equal to DefCon 4.  He also said that the larger the number/letter the worse it is.

------------------
Ich kann nicht eine Sache des Deutschen sprechen!!
Lead designer of the new campaign
Freespace: Earthforce
Ich kann nicht eine Sache des Deutschen sprechen!!

Offline ^Graff

I just hope that they don't declare martial law, but they just might. Someone on CNN refered to today as "A Day that Will Live in Infamy". I'm almost as afraid at what the US will do to its citizens in the name of "national security" as I am of the terrorists. Remember Deus Ex? The stuff that went on after Silhouette bombed Liberty Island? Something akin to UNATCO and Echelon could very well arise from an event like this.

Classes at college were canceled for the day, and may be canceled tomorrow. I overheard the guy that lives in the dorm room next to me saying to a girl "They could nuke us tomorrow, so maybe we sould live life to the fullest right now." I almost went up to the kid and slugged him.

There were Congressmen in the news who were trying to use the disaster to push missile defense and a bigger military budget. That just makes me sick. After everything that happened, they don't care about the people in the towers, or the planes, or even the country. All they care about is their damn agendas. How dare they call themselves Americans.

I know that I'm posting this on multiple forums, but I want to see the reaction from all of the communities.
Originally posted by Anduril:
Dang, Graff, you good.  :)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Originally posted by ^Graff:
Someone on CNN refered to today as "A Day that Will Live in Infamy".

Last time someone used this sentence, it was about Pearl harbour... This won't end up to the same extremities I hope. I can understand this event creates much paranoia, but let's control it...
SCREW CANON!

Originally posted by ^Graff:
Remember Deus Ex? The stuff that went on after Silhouette bombed Liberty Island? Something akin to UNATCO and Echelon could very well arise from an event like this.

Off Topic, but did you actually PAY attention to the plot?  
Do you know that Silhouette didn't bomb the statue...  We never know exactly who did...  
the blame is pointed at MJ-12, the government, the NSF & Shilouette...

Echelon also exists...  just shout 'Quiche' or 'Steak Knife' down the phone line & wait for the FBI to come & get you...  just don't expect Helios to lock any doors anytime soon...

a UNATCO-style organisation 'could' happen though...

------------------
Temporal Mechanics

[This message has been edited by Griffon UK (edited 09-11-2001).]
What does Kazan use for birth control?
His personality!

- Ace

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Brrrr... I live right near DC, there was actually probably less worrying about it around here than everywhere else, for a few hours everyone thought there'd be a hard rain or something comin' down, we were pretty relieved when it turned out they'd just gotten part of the Pentagon- there was stuff goin' around like that there were multiple planes headed for the Pentagon, Capitol building destroyed... and naturally Bush was on vacation in Florida  . I wonder how many years this thing had to be planned, ho many people put their lives into this one event... makes ya wonder what we're doing that makes everyone hate the US so much... Israel can't be it, though I can understand our support of them pissing people off- it is a genocide over there on both sides. But that wouldn't drive most people to this... and this was just an amazing attack, I doubt we won't get through w/o a war, martial law, or something of the sort. I think I'll move to Switzerland now...

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
One last thing, from the Bible:

Isaiah 30:25 "...In the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall."

------------------
"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill