Author Topic: Sol: A History Issue  (Read 25131 times)

Re: Sol: A History Issue
And as Woomeister said, you don't want to change them to Avenger anyway as they're not exactly the same.

No, I won't change only the name, I will change all the TBL entry of xxxx weapon to match the ones from the FSPort, I'll need to add in the pack, the Interface and effects for that weapon (ex: Avenger), plus the "Avenger T2" will be still in there but will only remain for EA ships, so you may not only all the gauges will be different but you will able to notice which one is each one by just seeing them in-game...there will be some problems with the FS1 Prometheus since the INF one uses the same name, probabily I'll need to use an extra entry for the EA one (surely "Prometheus EA")...and add Decals for those weapons...

Now that I remember I need to fix the Icons (icons.tbl) as I changed the Species, some icons are messed, that's was the last I was doing but never finished...

- Well less things to do, since I already get along with the Media VP v3.6.8 Delta, the only thing left to see is to check that newer CVS build don't give problems, specially FRED2, since there are times and builds which you don't want to edit Missions because it corrupts them...

----------------------------------------------

RELEASE THE PACK !

First I need to upload the last version of the Update for INF, and everyone will say "it looks 100% the same as the previous", there aren't really graphical changes, except for a few touches...(just like the same for Solar Wars...)

If you're just going to tease us with screenshots of how great your Sol:A History looks, I'll tease you with shots of how crap mine looks :0P

:lol:. Thanks, well, since I want really to finish S:AH, I'll post a lot of screens giving some info about (20 screenshots / 700 KB / not much)...

Neptune (same RES as original but 32-Bit colours / 512x512x32 ):

Another mission:

Jupiter (orinal image Res = 1920x2400 / "resized" to 2048x2048, I delete and add black pixels to match the power of 2 resolution, so there isn't quality loss):

Another Mission:

Mars (an edit made by me from Space Graphics render, notice the clouds / Original Res 1600x1200, "resized" to to 1024x1024, yes was one is shrinked a bit, otherwise it wouldn't fit in that res):

Venus (A render made by me with Venu's Surface Map, Map Res = 4096x2048x32, that means you just divide the hemipshere resolution by 2 (4096/2) and you get the best Res for the Background (2048x2048), as known Venus seen from space doesn't look like this (maybe in dream does):

As perihelion requested...(I am joking :D), I made another render more realistic of Venus, using it's Cloud Map (Map's Res 1024x512x32), so again cut an hemisphere, and max res for the background is 512x512 (4 times less than the other, that's why I didn't want to use it), since in this mission Venus is really big you can notice the blurryness (in the other not), for what I see in Celestia Venus cloud seems to be opaque so I didn't appply any transparecy...:

Another mission, here it looks good because it's near the range of it's resolution:

Same as before (Venus) but with the surface background:

Uranus (Original Res: 1724x1716 / sadly *.JPG / resized to 1024x1024, this one is noticeable shrinked, however it isn't Hi-Res image), I wouln't recommend this for people with epilepsy, it's too bright (reflective)...:

This is fatal, it's better to use solar glasses, because it's really annoying:

Pluto, another mission, this time smaller in scale (same Res as before but 32 Bit colours / 512x512x32 ):

Saturn (Original Res: 8888x4544x32, I cut the black pixels to 8192x4096 and then resized to 2048x1024, 4096x2048 was too much and would be almost impossible to enjoy it, because it would be too deformed in X/Y Scale, but if someone play in 2048x1536 it can be joustified...)

Next Mission:

Just for fun:

Jupiter (new):

Jupiter (omg...ehr, I mean "old"):

Nothing special about this one, but features the blue Leviathan (back is the Fenris) and the Hell Storm X (also the Nameplate, but it is really hard to see from that distance):

Here is a closer one to the nameplate (UNC Harpoon):

I hope I didn't overdid (did I?)......well the Hell Storm X change has a big difference, is quite noticeable, but I'll better explain that later...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 01:33:24 am by Shadow0000 »

sweet! now I just want to play the new S:AH more and more.

Since I may have said it so many times, I'll be short, the main change I make to the Hell Storm X is that it now fires between intervals of 1 second, this makes a small difference in meters, so they are separated, I make this because I noticed that big guns, Missiles, all of the Cruisers and above weapon try to shoot at 1 Hell Storm X, and the Radius of the weapon like a missile is enough big (a few meters) in order to not only take down the aimed Hell Storm X but all the 6 or most of them, because being more than a real Swarm it was too narrow in space...(though I would have prefered to have a Multi-Warhead Anti-Cruiser Bomb, but it seems impossible to for a Swarm type missile). In any case this change make Cruiser and above class totally defenseless, though they still get to destroy 2 at once or so, depending on the Radius of it defenses...

Offline neoterran

Argh, Shadow, you're killing me, every time I see your name in this thread, I think, "Has he uploaded it ? Has he finished ?"

Truly looks amazing my friend. You're a pillar of the community.  ;)

Of course you realize I can't play S:AH until you're finished becasue it looks so much more realistic the way you have it.

Well, here's hoping you can have it uploaded prior to July....  :sigh:
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Argh, Shadow, you're killing me, every time I see your name in this thread, I think, "Has he uploaded it ? Has he finished ?"

That remembers me of....have you heard about the legend of a Sega DreamCast emulator called "Icarus" (well, it sure annhilated a lot of people's hopes)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the has finished it, I have left:

1 - Port the FS1 Weapons from the FSPort used in S:AH, this include TBLs, effects and Interface
2 - Add Decals to the ported weapons (very easy and fast)
3 - Make the Missing Briefing Icons (I hate this one, the palette is so evil...) (***)
4 - Fix the annoying Debug "Initial" Warnings (*)
5 - Fix other Debug Warnings, in-game ones but not all (**)

(*) I think there is some TBM bothering, it tells me something about that the original $name: entry doesn't match, the match are identical and I know what to think: "Hey there is no "entry", because evil Windows is using is evil loading inverse way just to bother the user once again"

(**) As many have seen there are Debug Warnings which present even in FS2, such as the "one Dockpoint for the Support Ship, Dock will look strange", so I'll fix the bothering ones, at this moment there is only one, which is something about a missing entry for a Turret on the Leviathan and the Fenris, I believe the TBL has been taken from FS1 or the FSPort, and so one of the new HTL models has an extra Turret or something like that and is trowing error (even if there wasn't that Turret in FS1 in the Levy/Fenris, there should be there the entry with the empty turret as "none")

-------------------------------------------------

(***) As I have separated more Human Species (why have GTVA, SOC, EA, and GTA for S:AH), there is more place which we can use to have a more wide selection for icons (though still it's one per class, ex: one per species's Capital, supposing they have more than one class). Like this, 2 destroyers, different species (EA vs. GTA) and see the icons aren't the same:

I am making the missing ones, but which are used in Briefings only (I think they are the Tereus, Darkness, Lycaon and Belus), the Lindos is a Destroyer like the Tereus, so it's useless that I make one, the Tereus appears more times in Briefings and plus the Lindos doesn't look like it, when seen from left or right.

-------------------------------------------------

In other news it seems that about a little less than 2 months ago (the 3/27), the Cassini make an incridible Hi-Res MAP of Jupiter last was of Res 1800x900, that's from Low to Mid Res considering that Jupiter is so big and colourish, while this one is of Res 3601x1801 (it has been already reworked to match colour and stretched to 4096x2048 by Steve Albers)...Anyways I could make a Render and if it looks good as the other background why could have two different versions to use in different missions (In S:AH there are 3 Missions which take place really close to Jupiter, though it appears in lot of missions, it's so big it's really hard to not see it from other planets)

Edit (I was right, original background's resolution: 2048x2048x32):

While it seems that the quality is both the same for the 2 images, it is and very high indeed, the main difference is that the original has a really black side and that's somewhat dissapoiting because it makes it really easier to notice it's same background in every single way, no matter how it is rotated, in exchange this is mostly in the day's side (like Venus and Mercury render)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 12:14:22 am by Shadow0000 »

Offline neoterran

wow, amazing work, I'm glad you're still interested in doing this work. You have many waiting with baited breath (will you understand this ? I dunno  ;) ) for your S:AH, SCP edition. Hey, is Blaise gonna weigh in on this or what ? I'm sure he'd be proud to see his work redone to look as awesome as it does in these shots.

After all, S:AH has a special place in most people's hearts. It's space fighting in our own solar system, not in some far off star system. I can't tell you how much fun it was to fight in Inferno's battle over earth. That's why we really need to see S:AH, Shadow0000's SCP Patch 1 complete, soonish  ;)
Chief Grognard.

Hey, is Blaise gonna weigh in on this or what ? I'm sure he'd be proud to see his work redone to look as awesome as it does in these shots.

I'am afraid I still haven't contacted him, this is due to the cause it's not finished...

---------------------------------------------------------

Ah!!! the icon system is going to make me go crazy, I remember now, that was the reason I left updating it, it was "how much difficult can be to make and add a few icons", I would wish that we could specify it in the ships.tbl for each ship, and *.EFF interface would be a blessing, because the palette for icons is really tricky. Anyways I already finished it, good, because I hope I never have the need to touch the icons system again...

At least I have finished the Update for INF, everything is in place, and no more annoying Debug Warnings...(despite some really unoticeable minor bugs)

[sarcasm] Ah...excellent [/sarcasm] FileH seems to be down...

---------------------------------------------------------

The only left to work with Sol - A History:

1 - Port the FS1 Primaries (for that I need to port the exact same ships, from FS1/FSPort, again this is easy but I have got to check it doesn't break anything)
2 - Debug Warnings (Initial and In-game ones)

Even so, I am not sure of what to do, I should try to finish my model, otherwise I'll be always wandering, and because without a proper model I can't test all of the features (TBLs) I want to check if they're possible...

keep up the good work shadow, I am looking forward to play it.

Offline CaptJosh

So I'm not the only one who can't get to FileH? Whew. I thought I was having a weirdass DNS problem or something.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Yes, FileH is down, so I don't know what to do, if find another place to upload INF's Update, or to wait them to bring it back online.

However, anyone knows about some free website for hosting at least 100 MB ?, that would be more than enough, until is stable (not FileH, and not RapidShare/MegaUpload or anything like that).

Offline neoterran

Damn, i wanna play this so bad. Well i'm on renegade resurgence right now anyway, which is kicking my ass.
Chief Grognard.

I have to confess :( I haven't played the FSPort, well it's not that bad, isn't it ?...not as bad as say I never played (finished) FS1 campaing... :nervous:

[...goes away running...see you later]

what's wrong with rapid share?

Good question. I am not sure, but if it is like MegaUpload, it just trown away you files after some time (a day) they haven't been downloaded, so I don't want to be uploading then every time this happens, and it will happen soon or later...

Good question. I am not sure, but if it is like MegaUpload, it just trown away you files after some time (a day) they haven't been downloaded, so I don't want to be uploading then every time this happens, and it will happen soon or later...

I have a free and high speed connection, so if you need someone to upload everytime, I am up for it.

Offline neoterran

I'm not sure you know what you're getting into.. the bandwidth will be huge if you host the files. And you need to be able to host them so they're 24-7 available via http.
Chief Grognard.

I'm not sure you know what you're getting into.. the bandwidth will be huge if you host the files. And you need to be able to host them so they're 24-7 available via http.

I am talking about uploading to rapidshare everytime. I expect something around 100mb for SolAH patch.

Offline neoterran

can't we use something like filefront ?
Chief Grognard.

am talking about uploading to rapidshare everytime. I expect something around 100mb for SolAH patch.

No, Compressed in 7-Zip:

INF's Update: 40,1 MB (Uncompressed 165 MB)
Hi-Res *.TGA Backgrounds: 26,3 MB (Uncompressed 123 MB)
S:AH's Update: 17,9 MB (Uncompressed 57,6 MB [**])

[**] For now, if I port the FS1 Weapons, is surely I must end porting all of the *.Ani for the weapons, such as Icons, tech room and weapon selection screen animation (a few MBs more, compressed)

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Fixed TBLs for Sol: A History are now hosted at FileFront as neoterran suggested:

http://files.filefront.com/S_AH_FixedTBLszip/;5080959;;/fileinfo.html
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 11:28:17 pm by Shadow0000 »

can you release this, shadow?