Author Topic: Intangible Factors [Crash]  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Moltke

Intangible Factors [Crash]
Hi all

Great job on Inferno, I love it! You've really outdone yourselves and breathed new life into FS2.

One problem though, on the mission Intangible Factors I'm tasked with defending the Rhemet while she repairs her engines.  It's all pretty easy, but then the EACv jumps in and... each time as I order my wings to destroy it the game crashes.  It never gets to 0% but for some reason after I take out a couple of beams the game CTDs.  I was wondering if maybe it's a graphics or sound problem but then again I'm pretty clueless.  Is there a diagnostic file or anything?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: Intangible Factors [Crash]
Are you using FS Open or standard retail?

If using FS Open do you have the SCP patch and have you tried a different build or a debug build?

Offline Moltke

I'm using SCP, regular build (with the SCP patch)

I haven't tried a debug build, this is the only crash I've had and it's easy to repeat so I was hoping it was widely known.  If not, I'll just shelve inferno for awhile since it's a wip.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Try a different build or see if a debug build outputs anything at the point of the crash.

R1 is finnished with, I doubt there will be anymore official updates to it.

Offline Moltke

good to know!

I'm thinking of just turning off all the "pretty features" and running the mission on very easy so i can just get it over with.  After playing it for 6 or 7 tries I think I'd like to see what happens next :P