Author Topic: Some quick questions.  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Age

Some quick questions.
Hi all.
<-- Lurker

A few questions...

1. What is a CVS build?

2. What on earth is the difference between a "standard" build and an "Inferno" build? Answer: Whoops. Think I figured it out. Inferno builds for the Inferno campaign?

3. I get a "Cannot read flag file" error when I try to use either the Standard or Inferno build EXEs located somewhere in the forum. SCP works fine if I use a release on the official website. Ideas? Answer: Found the sticky. XD

4. After beating the base FS2 campaign for the umpteenth time, what would be a good player-made campaign to play SCP with? Reccomendations?

5. Using the 3.6.8 Beta VP files, I get errors at start-up, so I have to use the 3.6.7. Is there a fix for this, or should I be patient and wait for the official 3.6.8 release? :P

Good work thus far on SCP and FSUP, keep it up.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 01:29:13 am by Age »

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Re: Some quick questions.
1) Concurrent Version System. In practice the new beta build(s) that is (are) often more stable and reliable than the official build releases.

3) Read this post and also this thread. OpenAL

5) Start reading this thread.

Before you start downloading or doing anything, read those threads.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Age

Am I correct in assuming that "MediaVPs" refers to VPs such as mv_textures and mv_effects?

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
 :nod:
-C

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
4. After beating the base FS2 campaign for the umpteenth time, what would be a good player-made campaign to play SCP with? Reccomendations?

My personal reccomendation for user campaigns would be Transcend. It's a little repeatative in terms of mission design but it's a great story :) You should be able to play almost any campaign that's ever been released though so there's no need to limit yourself to the SCP only campaigns. For a list of what you can play take a look here.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak

My personal reccomendation for user campaigns would be Transcend. It's a little repeatative in terms of mission design but it's a great story :).

Be sure to bring an extra pair or three of fresh underwear :nervous:
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'd personally recommend the just-released SCP edition of the classic campaign Derelict (and not just because I have a voiceacting role in it :p).  It's one of the oldest fan-made campaigns around, but it's easy to see why most people count it as one of the best.

Edit:  Blech, sorry about the slight necro.  Forgot that I was in the forum I haven't fully read for about a month. :p