Author Topic: The Hard Light Productions Installation  (Read 121239 times)

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Re: The Hard Light Productions Installation
Member's list filecabnets.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 05:40:27 pm by WeatherOp »
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
The beam cannon's "fuel" needs to be actually loading into the cannon in that animation.

Here's a red version:

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Don't worry about adding in new air-ducts when you make your sections, i'll periodically add them in when large chunks of the station are introduced, that way we can at least have a sane air-circulation system...  :p

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Couple of tips for those who don't think they can handle the madness of MS paint:

Work in 2X magnification or greater, the only thing you can't do whilst magnified is add text.
Take note of how many pixels the floors are generally (4 grey then 1 black IIRC) and the ceilings/doors too, this will keep all of the sections continuous when they're spliced together.
Don't be afraid to pinch little bits of other's cells but don't go too mad, the cell should be your work regardless of how good or bad you think it is.
Keep it simple, draw out exactly what details you want to put in in lines and then fill it out with colour.
If you can't draw a Vasudan take a look at the fine example in the help desk and unceremoniously copy and paste it into your own image.
Try to think about how big people are in relation to the doors and floors, create 'props' (chairs, tables, particle-beam-weapons) of a consistent size.
Keep it as much MSPaint as possible, adding in unnecessary screen captured video stills etc. looks wrong.

I was thinking that we should represent all of the 'humans' as smileys with a body if necessary, there's an awful lot of them available doing a range of different things and you can just paste them in. Anyone any comments on this?

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
heres my contribution

I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
Here's a red version:

There's our birthday beam.
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
heres my contribution

That's well good.
Can't quite make out what the little guy is doing but I must ask, have you left a booby-trap for Carl?!?

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Wow, the carl trap made me laugh so hard...
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
heres my contribution

:lol: at the Carl trap.

I didn't know we had nukes here... won't that make us end up like Saddam?

Oh wait...

No but seriously... shouldn't that be in the locked weapons locker or something? :D
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
:yes:
That's one god-damn big hamster.

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
That hamster is huge!
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Shade

It's clearly an overgrown miniature giant space hamster. Thus, I suggest the name Mega-Boo.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
We now need a Hamster Genetics Lab.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Just for reference; what was the name of the mutant rodent in Zim? Ultra-pepe?

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I love how everyone knicked my door :p

Oh, and the population count is forgetting the hyperintelligent shade of blue hanging around in the armory.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
I noticed it from the start....'can only be opened by :v: , God, or a hiperintelligent shade of blue'
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
That hamster is huge!

How else do you expect to power HLP? We all know the cores are powered by giant mutated hamsters of d00m running around in their wheels and such.
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

My God guys, this is some cool stuff, but I got a question, why ain't this thread stickied yet?
tianjun1298 > Your this only the fine insect which escapes from the condom

It should be "Nukes" (with quotations) and then have a 'museum display' of all of the bombs from FS (Tsunami, Harbinger, Cyclops, Helios.)  ;7

'Museum display' because they're all still prefectly usable devices...   :nervous:

(EDIT: I guess it'd be too small to read, but you can imagine a label saying: "In emergency, break glass.")