8 (19.5%)
Nothing unusually
3 (7.3%)
OMG this sucks!
2 (4.9%)
Can't tell now
3 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Your opinion about INF SCP  (Read 12475 times)

Offline mr.WHO

Re: Your opinion about INF SCP
Umm..de ja vu ?? I could swear that I saw some posts that was posted after febuary 2nd. (is that have something to do with HLP 1 day offline?? )

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Check the news section on the forum index.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
So, again, what's up with the reference two new mainhall tracks?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
We have different mainhall tracks for the primary hall and the second one. The second hall was the original but was replaced by a better one. It may not be used but is included anyway.

Offline mr.WHO

Do you have any screenshots of mainhall??

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yeah but I don't want to show it :p

Offline neoterran

Unlike most people here (it seems), I played Freespace2 when it came out, enjoyed it and eventually forgot about it. A week ago, somehow i got linked to this and got obsessed. I figured everything out quickly, built a series of folders containing all the mods (with mediavp as a mod system; dual sets of mediavps, too)

So i'm playing the updated R1 (the SCP version) Inferno for the first time. It's so cool. It's my favorite mod, the EA is cool, the Shivans are cool, hell, even the Vasudans are cool for once. I also have Derelect and some other mods which are also very good, but nothing on the scale of Inferno as far as new ships and vessels and weapons, etc. Not to take anything away from those mods tho, I'm having a great time in Derelict as well, and some of the other mods too. Good Job Everyone, some of you must be jaded by now and I just want you to know that your work is still making people very happy and excited because there are really no modern games like freespace2 that have a very cool story.

IMO, The only thing stopping Inferno from world domination is voice. I would love to see some voice acting done for it, it would really make it come to life.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 03:29:33 am by neoterran »
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
This is pool about R2, not Shadow's update. :p
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline neoterran

Oh, my bad. It's so confusing for a newbie.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

The only thing wrong with R1 was the shortness of the story.....

Now as for what I'd like to see......... well maybe a better-thought-out beam cannon placement on the Warlock. Two super-beam cannons in the front...... and I've never seen it use anything else. Like the part where the Nemesis nano-jumps behind the Independence.... why is it so completely helpless all of a sudden?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Now as for what I'd like to see......... well maybe a better-thought-out beam cannon placement on the Warlock. Two super-beam cannons in the front...... and I've never seen it use anything else. Like the part where the Nemesis nano-jumps behind the Independence.... why is it so completely helpless all of a sudden?

Because like the SOSD Olemus it has all the Beam Cannons place in the front, and both have a simple and comprensible explanation: "GTVA Designers". Check out a Shivan Ship against a Terran Ship of the same Class, and you may see it's far more porwerful from every side....

It has been like that since FS2 Hecate, were the description "To replace the old Orion", and the old Orion can just wipe out the Hecate with no problems. The Orion is the only worth GTVA Desing, it can attack with Beams from any point, that may also apply for the Colossus, however the Colossus lack of FirePower to be really in the Juggernaut Class, it's more like a SD with the HitPoints of a Juggernaut.

Regarding the Hecate, I still don't catch why the Hecate 2 (Icelus) is weaker that the orginal Hecate, it has less turrets, and not only 2 or 3, is clearly more unprotected that the original Hecate.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 12:16:34 am by Shadow0000 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The current Warlock only has two forward facing beam weapons, and no other beam weapons at all. It's not supposed to go into combat like the R1 version.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I love Inferno, and I haven't even played R1. I'm waiting for the all singing all dancing world conquering super happy version of Inferno that'll get released in a bumper gold edition box set with Machina Terra :D
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
It has been like that since FS2 Hecate, were the description "To replace the old Orion", and the old Orion can just wipe out the Hecate with no problems.

The tech desciption says to "replace the older Orions as flagship." The last word is important. I always interpreted that as meaning the C&C facilities/personell (Admirals and the like) were moved out of the Orions to the Hecates. This allowed the Orions to get involved more with front-line offensives. I think of it as a pre-cursor to a carrier (hence its really good anti-fighter protection and its somewhat crappy anti-capitalship beams).

and you may see it's far more porwerful from every side....

In a head-to-head fight, Shivan capital ships are more effective, but this comes with a price: Once you are out of its forward firing arcs, it's toast. The Rakshasa is a good example of this.

The Orion is the only worth GTVA Desing, it can attack with Beams from any point,

But, its powerful anti-capitalship fire power comes with a price: It's almost helpless against a wing of even light bombers, let alone something as powerful as a Seraphim. Think about it. It has 3 anti-fighter beams, a few terran huge turrets, a couple of smaller terran turrets, and no flak guns to protect a ship that is 2.1 km long.

that may also apply for the Colossus, however the Colossus lack of FirePower to be really in the Juggernaut Class,

It did have plenty of fire-power, the only problem was that it was distributed around the ship instead of concentrated. While you could get away with it when facing destroyers and below, it is a big disadvantage when going against other juggernaughts. Not like it was originally intend to do that in the first place, but still..... 

Regarding the Hecate, I still don't catch why the Hecate 2 (Icelus) is weaker that the orginal Hecate,

Its anti-fighter protection is weaker, but its anti-capitalship capabilities are much better. Plus it has a larger fighterbay (IIRC) than other Inferno era destroyers.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

The current Warlock only has two forward facing beam weapons, and no other beam weapons at all. It's not supposed to go into combat like the R1 version.

Well that's good, it's a Super Carrier class, it was supposed to be used for coverage more than face to face attacks

It did have plenty of fire-power, the only problem was that it was distributed around the ship instead of concentrated. While you could get away with it when facing destroyers and below, it is a big disadvantage when going against other juggernaughts. Not like it was originally intend to do that in the first place, but still.....

Having the Beams all in the same place won't work, the Colossus green beam range is noticeable less than the Sathanas, it won't survive a frontal attack, and a sneak attack is not meant to be used for something in a "juggernaut" class. The Colossus is comparable to the Gigas, this may sound crazy, but is true and is even worth for the Gigas. Once the Colossus attack it takes too much time to recharge it's beam in order to attack again.

The Gigas weak point is just that, it's true it can destroy a full terran fleet but just if you attack it directly, if you just send a Decoy, and you don't give the Gigas no other choice that to destroy it using it beams, you may notice that the Gigas time needed to recharge it's power output is long about 5:00 min and more, and that's not enough for making a full Beam attack like the 1st one, and what's even worth since the Power Output recharge it's incremental, it means it fires again once there is enough energy to fire anything, and guess which beams are fired, the ones that require less energy consumption, so it starts using the weaker ones to attack mostly (only if the ships are in close range, if not then the Gigas wait the recharge, and fire the others).

I was going to make that kind of Mission, an ambushed gigas, I am just tired of listen "only the Icanus can take down the Gigas", yes in brute force it's true...sadly the Gigas needs a good FREDer managing it's beam-locks
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 08:53:56 pm by Shadow0000 »

And from what I've seen its subspace weapon does too little damage compared to its super-long recharge time to be really useful. Too bad, because the subspace rift looks and sounds awesome!
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

And from what I've seen its subspace weapon does too little damage compared to its super-long recharge time to be really useful. Too bad, because the subspace rift looks and sounds awesome!

The 3 URed Beams of the Gigas can deal easily more damage, but for me those 3 are unfairly unbalanced. My whole point in making a Vinaashak mission was that, since the Energy Consumption required to fire such a massive scale rift (planetary and more), the Vinaashak would only be able to fire once, otherwise it would left too many time to recharge and so....be destroyed.

I was never too sure about this, a planet or star has a fixed point in space (yes, like the galaxy, both are moving, but have a relative fixed position), so I am not really sure if it would be so destructive for a ship, but now a Ship is smaller than a planet, so yes, it maybe be equal in danger to both).

I haven't really see Star Trek, but it's said that anything that tries to enter the rift (or being near it) and don't have a Warp Drive will start to be destroyed by the "fictional laws of a different level of space". So, the main problem is that, then you should be able to escape just by warping through it, in any case, the Subspace rift would make the ship to don't have another choice than enter to it or be destroyed....

In other sources it's said that if you enter a subspace warp/rift you without shield capabilities, then the crew will vanish or die and the ship will remaing. But that's surely because is another kind of physic in that space which can allow pure energy begins and but just doesn't mantain the opposites...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

I was going to make that kind of Mission, an ambushed gigas, I am just tired of listen "only the Icanus can take down the Gigas", yes in brute force it's true
If you do ambush the Gigas after using a 'decoy' then you only have the time between the Gigas destroying the decoy and recharging before it starts vaporising the larger ships again. The only way a fleet ambush would work would be to use 30 or so of the heaviest destroyers, which I doubt the game would like.

As for the subspace weapon, I've said before its used as a plot device and isn't supposed to do percise damage. It does what I need it to do, if I want a ship to survive it, it would survive, if I want it to vaporise the Solar system it could do that to :D

What if the Nemesis overcharged its jump drives and kept nano-jumping around the Gigas firing at it.  :p

Or more realistically: send in a team of bombers to knock out some beam cannons to create a blind spot, jump a superdestroyer in there, and have it blow the Gigas at its leisure.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
That wouldn't work very well unless you destroy all the Gigas beam cannons, which would be extremely difficult to do.