Author Topic: FRED2 in linux  (Read 1787 times)

Offline wgemini

Hi, I am new here. Really love the game. I can't find any information on how to get FRED2 working on linux though. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I... don't think you can yet. Something abou microsoft proprietary code being used or somesuch...

Coders?
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Its in MFC
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
People have had limited success with emulation.
-C

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The SCP are trying to get a port using wxWidgets going. If you have any programming experience you may want to help.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline wgemini

Thanks. I am actually using a text editor right now. It's not nearly as intuitive, but it's kind of cool since I can duplicate things pretty fast. I am trying to write a parser that would actually validate the resulting fs2 file.

Thanks. I am actually using a text editor right now. It's not nearly as intuitive, but it's kind of cool since I can duplicate things pretty fast. I am trying to write a parser that would actually validate the resulting fs2 file.

Yes, editing is very easy with an Text-editor, but if you want to make new missions... :(

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yes, editing is very easy with an Text-editor, but if you want to make new missions... :(

Some of the FS1 missions were made that way. :D