Author Topic: 3.3 release  (Read 53371 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
All team members, check the 3.3 bugthread on the internal for my report.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline redmenace

I can't find the vp anywhere. It is not being put in the tbp foldler.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline starfox

Same for me, on top of that I decided to reinstall TBP completely and 3.2 installer seems to be...corrupted.
It extracts 3_2.vp up to 100%, and then after a little while I get the following error:

Error Decompressing Data ! Corrupted Installer ?

OK, I decided to redownload the 3.2 installer, to no avail.
Same "Corruption"happened again....

What a day...  :sigh:
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
There are no new vp files.. judging from what i saw it doing on my cpu: the installer just adds stuff to the older vp file and then renames it to B5-Core-3_3.vp... I really would have preferred new vp file set instead of exes but its up to the TBP team...
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Ok.... next release will not be a patch upgrade, unless it is a fix... like this one will soon be.... I considered taking the 3.3 upgrade off line, but I am not going to, for we can get a lot of inputs off of what is messed up! We will get this fixed, and a ptach out the door to get everything up to par!

Hmm, looks nice. No crashes upon start up. No problems with the tech room (slight pause when trying to view the Drakh Mothership and the Explorer, but they didn't crash my system) Have not played around with the ships yet. No crashes in FREDOpen and I've placed all of the larger ships.

Which are really bloody huge.  :shaking: :eek2: :eek: I mean, if you thought B5 was big...

Psst, where's the VE Dreadnaught? :( I'm really itching to see it in action. I was kind of hoping it'd be ready...

And I think the VE Planet Killer looks all right.  :yes:

All in all good so far. I'll give a detailed look tomorrow

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
About that crashing I get something weird - when I start the game from the start menu this tbl bug appears and the loading crashes, but when I access from the launcher or start the game by manually  presiing "enter" on  the executable everything works fine...

FRED works ok, but some ships like Ja'dul cause it to crash when I'm using outlines, when I turn them off everything works ok...
Some of the new monstrous ships like DH Mothership take ages to show up in techroom, but no crashes experienced
( my system specs are antique  ;) )

What's more I tried most of the new ships in a test mission and everything works correctly...
New Whitestar and other ISA ships rock ;7
The DH Destroyer, Xill and Xorr lack description in techroom...
The only problem that annoys me are the missing thruster glows in all player piloted craft :hopping:
Any clues what can cause that :confused:

Using FSOpen 3.6.7 and FRED which came with TBP 3.2
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Just a guess.. those thruster glows are missing from those fighters that were not present at the mission with default settings but rather were selected from the loadout screen?

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Stithe2000, you're alive! I wondered cause your site has been down for a LONG time.

I DLed the 3.3 now, will report back if I get problems...

l8tr!
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline aipz

Just a guess.. those thruster glows are missing from those fighters that were not present at the mission with default settings but rather were selected from the loadout screen?

Yes, it happens to all of those fighters and it looks silly to my mind... :sigh:
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Then it is a know bug... it is fixed in more recent builds... perhaps some early December builds from here?

That is if you dont want to move to recent builds.. (from here)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 10:27:59 am by Wanderer »

Offline starfox

Well, I asked this little ways back. Could somebody tell, or check if the TBP 3.2 installer works or not, I downloaded it two time from "base downloads" and both times I got the error:

Error Decompressing Data ! Corrupted Installer ?.
This happened after the "percent count" of the 3_2.vp had reached 100 %.

I know this has nothing to do with 3.3 directly, but without 3.2 I can't play it.....

Any help 'ere would be hot...

Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Vash

well, i get no errors, but i also get nothing new. not with the old build that came with 3.2 and nothing with the newest one. no ships or maps or whatsoever. but i did get the intro from the heat um up demo when i started it with the newest build, which is odd, because that is in a different folder.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
A 3.3a patch has been constructed and is awaiting Team approval and hosting prior to release.  In the meantime, your best bet is to use the 3.6.7 official release build.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline aipz

There are engine glows missing on those models (it can't be a build issue - it has to do with tables or such, because I've playtested using three different builds)

T'loth: one of engines on the "Th'nor" hull section...
Bin'tak: there are four smaller tubes on the rear part of "wings" I get a "engine wash" comm but there are no glowpoints there.... :confused:

Aside of those small bugs the ships are ok

« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 02:31:12 am by aipz »
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
A 3.3a patch has been constructed and is awaiting Team approval and hosting prior to release.  In the meantime, your best bet is to use the 3.6.7 official release build.

Will you release a complete 3.3 package with all the basic files and will the two standard campaigns work correctly with the new release (without any changes oder patching)..? Think it would be much easier for all interested people to download just one or two files instead of four or more..!

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Site URL: http://www.filedomain.co.uk/
TBP Files: http://www.filedomain.co.uk/downloader/index.php?cid=9 (dl page links prolly needs updating)
(registration required - naturally it's free)
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Most campaigns will have to altered and patched first, as some ships have changed name, so they will bug out when trying to load.
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline Mercer

could anybody plz post a dl link for this file ^^

thx ;)

Here is the 3.3a patch to the 3.3 release.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 04:12:22 am by stithe2000 »