Author Topic: 3.3 release  (Read 53370 times)

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Well it runs fine for me, no errors.. Using an inferno build..

Oh found a small bug on the VF Xill, the rotating sections need the z-axis ticked to rotate, would be good to put a minus on one section so that both sides rotate in the same direction  :D I extracted it from the vp file and corrected it for myself..
Oh and this is excellent work B five team.. keep up the great work and thanks for keeping this alive.  ;) :D
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Special note, if you've downloaded the 3.3a patch, an update is on the way.  It contains both the fix for the Xill, and the Explorer.  Because of a miss-named map file, the glow and shine maps for one of the Explorer base textures weren't being used.  Furthermore, these and the lower lod textures had to be altered to remove the "cortez" part, which is now on a nameplate submodel with its own separate map.  By default, this is mapped as "invisible" but using FRED's texture replacement system, you can select the Cortez name plate, or create and add-in one of your own.  The new patch file will be named the same as the previous one, so just replace the VP file, and extract and rename the new ships file if you're using the -adv version.  The fixed patch is currently on the team FTP, and Stithe will make it available for general download as soon he can.  When the fixed patch is available for download, a message will be posted here.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Ah, the Explorer was so awsome, I missed that entirely.. Thanks for the update Trivial Psychic  :D

I`ll be waiting patiently for the patch.  ;)
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Another message to any campaign makers, for 3.3:

If you're using Vorlon, Shadow, or especially Drakh, you'd be well advised to poke through your missions in text editor and change some of the entries for these ships and weapons.  Anything Vorlon has had the name reduced to "VE" for Vorlon Empire.  Shadows have been reduced to "SH", and Drakh has been reduced to "DH".  Some of the previous entries for Drakh had been "DK", but not any longer.  Furthermore, what was the Drakh Cruiser before is now the Drakh Heavy Carrier.  The Cruiser class is now about 845m in lengh, and we also have a Destroyer and a standard Carrier class.  The Cruiser and Carrier are the only 2 classes seen specifically on the show (B5, Crusade, movies).  There has also been some name shortenning for weapons of these 3 races.  Check the table files for the exact names.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
And don`t forget the Babylon 5 station has also had a name shange to babylon 5 s1 (season 1) ;)
So any missions or campaigns featuring the B5 station will not work unless you re-edit the name to correspond with its new one.
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline StarGame

• StarGame Networks
    • StarGame Networks
Looks so cool...

It has been added to the new FileDomain website : http://www.filedomain.co.uk/ the click on downloads --> then games --> The Babylon Project or you could just click on this link: http://www.filedomain.co.uk/downloader/index.php?cid=9
.::Build it and they will come::.
 - Sci-Fi Hosting Offer : http://www.relichost.net/sci-fi_offer.html
 - http://www.stargame.co.uk/

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
Played a bit more and I must say that  the TBP team made a lot of nice work with the Shadows, both the capships and  the player playable Spitfire and Scout are REALLY DEADLY ;7 :yes:

The Large Battlecrab needs 4-5 sweeps of its heavy slicer to destroy ISA Victory ( which also is great btw :))
The Scout now can eliminate ships in a similar way to Whitestar, in terms of speed, when using pulse bolts...
New Whitestar is pretty and now can have the player controllable beam...(finally  :nervous:)
New Narn ships are nicely balanced, the ISA also, the Drakh too seem to be  A OK!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 12:42:58 pm by aipz »
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline starfox

I hope the next installment is going to be "full-release" one, nor just the patch, because as I said earlier, I've tried downloading 3.2 about four time now. Everytime I try to extract the files,

Error Decompressing Data! Corrupted Installer?

all the other files using the same launcher, 3.3, Raider Wars, Minbari War, are working fine so I'm guessing it's not my system nor installer.
As I said, I get the same results each and everytime I download it....

Kinda frustrating really, knowing there is brand new TP 3.3, but you can't play it because the older version's installer is not working...damn
Well, have to wait I suppose, usually something just pops up,  :nod:, and problem's gone....*I hope*

Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Here is the 3.3a patch to the 3.3 release.
Stithe has now updated this link with the fixed patch.

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
Question:  Is there a way to turn off that irritating Stephen Hawking voice in mission? It really does sound corny when it is monotonously dictating for an angry Centauri, for example.

Offline redmenace

You guys are going to fix the tables to work with CVS builds right?
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Question: Is there a way to turn off that irritating Stephen Hawking voice in mission? It really does sound corny when it is monotonously dictating for an angry Centauri, for example.
Turn off speech in the launcher.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
 :) Thanks, that's done it.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
You guys are going to fix the tables to work with CVS builds right?
If you're refurring to the animation code, that's what the ships-adv.tbl is for.  The default ships.tbl is designed to work with 3.6.7, and is supported by builds as late as 12/22.  Any more recent build requires the ships-adv.tbl.  Just extract it and rename it to ships.tbl.

Offline redmenace

-Frederic Bastiat

Offline -Norbert-

Everytime I use any other build from the 3.3a rar than the 367 I get "Failed to read flag file" and can't choose any features.
Is the 5.2 Launcher still the latest one, and if not, can you point me to the newer version?

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Well launcher 5.3 is available. But if you are getting the 'failed to read flag failed' error with more recent builds, it is most likely because you might lack OpenAL.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline shogunu

Well, I asked this little ways back. Could somebody tell, or check if the TBP 3.2 installer works or not, I downloaded it two time from "base downloads" and both times I got the error:

Error Decompressing Data ! Corrupted Installer ?.
This happened after the "percent count" of the 3_2.vp had reached 100 %.

I know this has nothing to do with 3.3 directly, but without 3.2 I can't play it.....

Any help 'ere would be hot...

I had the same problem:
Installer crashed after reaching 100% when extracting the 3_2.vp
"Extract: error writing to file B5-Core-3_2.vp"
After some trail and error i found that you must have around 2 gigs of free space on drive c, else the installer fails.

Hope it helps.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
For god's sake just release a new 3.3 base pack guys and forget about the patch  :).
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
For god's sake just release a new 3.3 base pack guys and forget about the patch  :).

:yes2: